If You could design a OS...

Started by Dr. Mario, June 23, 2007, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mario

Yeah, thought so. Maybe I may run in GO-OS (i might have written few years ago - who know?)
;025 Now, Bowser... What can I do with you...

Dr. Mario

Any idea for GreenOmega OS tan (or kun) ???
<_<
>_>
<_<
>_>
<_>
>_<
<_>
>_<
(speaking through megaphone)
ANYONE?!

Dr. Mario

;_; No one has answered my calling for the GreenOmega kawaii?!

So, anyways, I recently decided that Beryl should also be part of my OS' GUI routine (hope that it won't pi$$ my own homemade GUI, BrokenGlass off - it would otherwise crash then I would be stuck in GO's DOS command prompt....)

If you think putting Beryl in there isn't good idea, I would like to have a earful of your opnions!

Tsubashi

Firstly, I think you ought to be the one drawing a GreenOmega-tan, since you would know more about her than anyone else.
Secondly, though I haven't worked much with Beryl, it does look very cool, and still maintains usability. So, yes I think it would be a good idea!
-Tsu

Dr. Mario

Okay, Beryl-tan.... CONFIRMED.
I will keep this GUI inside my OS.
And, I think it would be nice to have BrokenGlass GUI inside
Beryl. (BrokenGlass GUI is transparent glass-like UI, with no boxes around UI button, like in Windows - only to have those "mini", "max" and "close" floating over the desktop - it's also 3D intensitive. I have GeForce 7600GS that will do it.) After I'm done developing this OS, I could post the screenshot here in "Desktop screenshot" thread... Maybe, because those kernel are nasty to compile ;_; (failed too much countless times...)

- I'm not good at anime anymore... ;_;
I forgot about how to handle the hand movement (pretty much like writing the kanji).... T_T

Dr. Mario

I have been thinking in a while as I love Me-tan so much that she's so weird and funny, I would like to have MeGUI (Me-tan GUI) - green BrokenGlass GUI with warning icon "!" everywhere in box and panel (it also reflects GreenOmega's true color.) - if you don't want me to, it's fine - I will scratch that one. I don't think there's a way to ask Me-tan's original manga-ka, though (I don't want to leech on it, though.) - if you think he could be mad, I will scratch that also....

BTW, Me-tan's manga-ka have been irritated yet... (Hey, I could understand your feeling about Netrunner. I disliked it too - they pointed out several wrong ideas that I think will never work.)

GBolt_0

ME-Tan will go well... she alway go well!!!
I implore you to forgive my speaking of English, as I'm not so premium with it.

Dr. Mario

Yay for Me-tan!
Anyways, Kshitij - I'm writing my own OS, GreenOmega.
I liked Me-tan, so I think it would go well with its own color if I wrote up
MeGUI (a GUI with resemblance of Me-tan).
Yay again for a cute girl, Emuii! ^__________________________^

Raffaele the Amigan

@ Dr. Mario,

Try this:

HelenOS

The HelenOS project is an effort to develop a complete and usable modern operating system, yet offering room for experimenting and research. HelenOS uses its own microkernel written from scratch and supports SMP, multitasking and multithreading on both 32-bit and 64-bit, little-endian and big-endian processor architectures, among wich are AMD64/EM64T (x86-64), ARM, IA-32, IA-64 (Itanium), 32-bit MIPS, 32-bit PowerPC, SPARC V9 and Xen 3.0. Thanks to the relatively high number of supported architectures and suitable design, HelenOS is extremely-well portable.

As of now, HelenOS is being developed mostly by faculty and students of Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University in Prague, but the project is open for everyone. The source code is open and available under the BSD license. Some third party components, and components based on GPL software, are licensed under GPL. There is also a minority of public domain code.

http://www.helenos.eu/

Hope this could help your efforts to create a 64bit OS of your own...

Enjoy it...  ;hi
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Dr. Mario

Yeah, I will try it (as soon as I get my PC up and running - I suspected that Long Mode messed up my Windows 2000... I accidentally turned it on for unknown reason - I was assemblying the Long Mode driver.)
- Also, I'm poring around in FASM forum too (for some code I could use)

nicoruizmza

My dream of a OS is one that can run aplication of Win- Linux and Mac, but I think that is a very very hard job for 1 person.
HTere are too much aspects to see.

I think when i finish my university I'll try to do this Dream OS
N.D.R.P. Estudios
NicoRuiz
;010

Kyo-Chan

Im good with putting together visuals + Music:3

Do you need help?
Piinatsubataa pururun nanji! wai oh wai oh Piinatsubataa pururun nanji!

Ragenule

My dream OS would share my username for a name (:3) and would be able to Manage all installed OSes on the computer and 'boot' into them with added protection running in the backround, as all connections would be going through it first then routed to the 'booted' OS. I guess it would be similar to VMWare or Parallels, but would be able to do everything just the same or better then other OSes. It would also try to handle all the serious problems that an OS encounters.

Well, I'll learn some more languages first then I'll attempt to tackle this goliath.
Dreaming in Digital,
Living in Realtime,
Thinking in Binary,
Talking in IP,
Welcome to our world!

Dr. Mario

T____T Sorry, I was in wonderland for too long.
Now, my PC's BIOS died. So I'm stuck with using someone else's computer.

And, a recent change in my own GreenOmega development, I'm doing a BIOS development. (GreenOmega 32 and 64 AIOS)

So, Let's go over what I have missed in several months.

Ragenule, You said you wanted a OS that would be able to manage all of OSes on the same host hard drive? Check. (It's on my to-do list for GreenOmega 64 OS) - I'm also doing the crash-proof feature on that one, thank for bringing this one up.

nicoruizmza, I'm doing the multi-appliance APIs for my own GreenOmega 64 OS (the 64-bit plugins for Windows, Linux, and Macintosh would be linked to kernel during the boot session, so it can have necessary control so that they will not be able to crash.) - I knew that it's not easy, but it's worth it, since I got fed with Windows' lousy crash retention ability (it kept crashing when you run certain appliances), Linux's stress-inducing BASH command lines, and Macintosh program's poor usage of PPC's FPU - so I decided to make an OS that would be able to solve those issues.

So, I finally have chance to get over that now.. (Sorry, it have been long and stressful times for me... I was trying to move out of USA... NO money. NO passport.)

xonomech

I WANT TO DO OXXO-TANS! LIKE 7ELEVEN-TANS...
----Xonomech Xeno Mecha----