Your own Os-tans and kuns

Started by Spysweeper, November 28, 2006, 05:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDaab

Now as requested, in color.
Coloring is boring so it's really plain.

Edit: Dang, I'm on a roll today. Here's some barcode-kun sketch.

C-Chan

HOLY MACKEREL, SARDINE, TUNA, ALBACORE AND WHALE SHARK!!!!  @o@

Von Daab, this is phenomenal work!!  ^v^
You're right, Nea-san does look very interesting in color, more so than I expected.  Her face really accentuates the sense of lethargy, and you have a clear mastery of anatomy.  ^-^

Funny how you think coloring is the most boring part, as for me it's my favorite.  -v-
(On the other hand, shading for me is the most tedious.... >_<)

Not much of a -kun fan, but Barcode-kun is also well done.  And more so if you're on a roll,... I'm gonna have to keep gently proding you for more....  ^.^

Course, I'm more into OS-tans, so all my requests will be geared towards that.... -v-
Since you're from Finland, for example, how about a Finnix-tan...? ^.^

(and use the fact that she's not really Finnish as an in-joke....  `v')

VonDaab

Ew, I don't like fish...

Finnix? I didn't even know there was a distro called that until I googled it.
Not really studied much the linux distros, what i have installed ubuntu once. That computer is now collecting dust as its hobby.
My computer tends to be a graphic-art workhorse so I keep using XP because of the Photoshop.

Please, don't praise me like that, it disgusts me.

Edit: At moment, I'm working on some not tan related so I'm probably not gonna do any tan stuff today.
And tomorrow my school starts so it means less time to draw.

C-Chan

Okay, I'll switch from fish to mammals then!  ^v^

HOLY COW, PIG, BUNNY, HORSE AND MASTODON!!!!  ^v^

........oh wait,... Mastodons are extinct, aren't they....?  Â¬.¬;

Funny how I'm the polar opposite.  My primary focus is on vector graphics, so Linux is my graphic-art workhorse (I never quite liked Adobe Illustrator), while Windows+Photoshop is sitting in the corner of one of my virtual desktops collecting dust so to speak.  ^^

So anyway, now that Finnix has got you at least marginally interested, consider that as a possibility.  ^__~

VonDaab

Dug up some old stuff.
Somekind of a Graphic design-tan I made about a year ago when trying out the Adobe Illustrator.

Bella

^

Neat! Some sort of Mac-tan?

As for some of those drawings I wanted to do, most of them didn't materialize.

Like the futuristic Copland-tan and Taligent-tan...the Windows and Unix/Linux-tans seem like they are a possible product of high-technology/black magic, but I just can't quite picture any of the Mac-tans that way...they seem to...(no pun intended!) "home grown" XD

VonDaab

Just toying with the stereotype that "all" graphic designers would use mac.

Anyway, I got an idea to draw a -tan of my external harddrive that I got about a month ago.
The I thought about drawing my pc setup as -tans.

I think I need to explain some stuff about Lacie-tan.
My Lacie HD gives me the image that it never does stuff.
Or very seldom, only when i move big stuff around in the comp, then the hd starts making the "hd noises" which sound in this one like some sort of short "burps".
Hilarity was ensured when I turned it on the first time.
So just got the picture of Lacie-tan just slacking around.
As it already reads in the picture, she got some nice "specs", 500GB space. Only 30GB is in use at moment...orz.

Some stuff that my laptop would stress alot about, the Lacie would just burp couple of times and continue snoring.

About her looks, she has dark gray/silverish hair and orange/reddish eyes. When properly clothed, she'd have stylish(?) silver/gray clothes.
Her SD form makes her bust look ridiculous sized, the realistic version has more natural assets, thought not small, heh.

Oh wow, first own -tan that I really wasted time thinking on.

Edit: Might aswell add this, 2 years old -tan drawing of my laptop(made when my pc was brand new).
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/209/2/b/__G_A_O_T_B_H___by_Wizth.jpg
Oh the times when I still used that bizarre way to draw in photoshop.

Bella

^ Cool!  A personal -tan!

I thought about make a -tan for Shadow K8 (My laptop). I even have a few concepts.

She'd be black and silver haired, blue eyed, a eMachines/Gateway national, born into a "Windowsan" family but very exploratory when it comes to Linuxian beliefs. She's genetically prone to nervous system (electrical and motherboard) problems, and has needed extensive neurosurgery to fix that. She had mentally/emotionally a troubled youth, but is now of a very stable mind. She doesn't get sick often, either.

C-Chan

QuoteDug up some old stuff.
Somekind of a Graphic design-tan I made about a year ago when trying out the Adobe Illustrator.

Ah sweet, a homebrewed Mac-tan (no pun intended either, given the coffee mug)!  ^v^
You certainly did a lot better experimenting with Illustrator than I did back in the day.  Not sure why I could never quite get a handle for that program, yet Inkscape fit like a glove for me.  -v-

QuoteLike the futuristic Copland-tan and Taligent-tan...the Windows and Unix/Linux-tans seem like they are a possible product of high-technology/black magic, but I just can't quite picture any of the Mac-tans that way...they seem to...(no pun intended!) "home grown" XD

I reckon that might be because Apple has used the rather dated-looking Classic Mac for many years, and thus built a reputation of "backwardness" during those critical years in the 1990's.  OSX, in contrast, is often referred to as ultra-modern by my friends everytime they see it at the store.  I'm not sure if "ultra-modern" is the right word, as opposed to say "ultra-glitzy", but they have been coming out with very sweet-looking hardware.  The latest iMac, for instance:

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/apple-imac-20-inch/4505-3118_7-32564364.html

QuoteAbout her looks, she has dark gray/silverish hair and orange/reddish eyes. When properly clothed, she'd have stylish(?) silver/gray clothes.
Her SD form makes her bust look ridiculous sized, the realistic version has more natural assets, thought not small, heh.

Oh wow, first own -tan that I really wasted time thinking on.

And good thing too, cause the sketchwork alone is mindblowing.  ^___^
Lacie-chan sorta reminds me of my own Seagate Freeagent, that also powers down the hard drive when not in use for an extended period of time.  She resumes quietly enough (no burping), but she also has a nasty habit of remounting as a read-only file system (cause the disk mounts before the filesystem does.... ^^;).  I haven't complained yet cause this is technically saving me electricity, and besides the way to fix this is a tad complicated I hear.... -.-
(and further still, she's usually working all the time thanks to frequent LiveDVD torrent downloads... ^.^)

And Packard Bell!!  Sugoiness!!  That sure brings back memories... ^___^

*sighs*

Yep, she's a cutie, no questions asked!  ^v^

Well,... maybe just one,.............. When can we get a color version of her?  ^___^;

QuoteEdit: Might aswell add this, 2 years old -tan drawing of my laptop(made when my pc was brand new).
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/209/2/b/__G_A_O_T_B_H___by_Wizth.jpg
Oh the times when I still used that bizarre way to draw in photoshop.

Bizarre or not, it's pretty darn effective, and certain helps explain why you're current art rocks.  You sure you don't want to be praised with fish names? Cause I can think of oodles of them right now.  `v'

QuoteShe'd be black and silver haired, blue eyed, a eMachines/Gateway national, born into a "Windowsan" family but very exploratory when it comes to Linuxian beliefs. She's genetically prone to nervous system (electrical and motherboard) problems, and has needed extensive neurosurgery to fix that. She had mentally/emotionally a troubled youth, but is now of a very stable mind. She doesn't get sick often, either.

Oh and don't forget that she was ravaged by those Worst Buy scoundrels, withheld from Bella-sama for months on end and with terrible things done to her keyboard.  I say it's time for a good ol' fashioned lynch mob!  ^__^

To Kentucky!  ^0^

*marches off*

You did say you had to ship it there to get it fixed, no?  '__'

VonDaab

The way I used to do stuff in Photoshop was not "effective".
Instead, very slow and boring. Having a pencil sketch layer under and click lassoing+paint bucketing it in 5 hours only to get a lineart is really annoying, boring and stupid. Stopped doing that almost a year ago.
Since that I have used my trusty Aiptek for digital stuff.

Bella

QuoteYou did say you had to ship it there to get it fixed, no? '__'

I just had to bring her to best buy and they did the work...

VonDaab

Gentlemen,
Meet Lacie-tan, 2nd version.

C-Chan

QuoteGentlemen,
Meet Lacie-tan, 2nd version.

Hehe... well,................. ^_______^;
This helps answer the age-old question as to where a user installs a keyboard into a Persecom........... ^___^;

Certainly could go head to head (more like boob to boob) with Saseko, although she does remind me more of the Sailor Fuku Vistan.... ^___^

VonDaab

Yes, reminds much Vista ganguro versio, thought bit too dark hair to be real ganguro.

Skin color was really a random try, which I then liked.

PigInTheMud

I tried sketching a DSL-tan (Damn Small linux) but I somehow turned it into a USB-tan.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/PigInTheMud300/USB-tan.png?t=1186770869