Saseko...

Started by Meiko Taniguchi, July 22, 2007, 08:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaGeL

If saseko means whore then why was she named that inthe first place?

Tsubashi

-Tsu

NaGeL

i dont get it.....^^"

Tsubashi

2k-tan is referring to the wholly annoying XP activation function, designed to decrease piracy. While 2k-tan requires a CD key, XP is the first to require internet or telephone activation.
-Tsu

95Direct

Quote from: "NaGeL"i dont get it.....^^"
This link to Wiki would better explain it better:

Wiki: Criticism of Windows XP - Product Activation

Not to mention that XP has to phone home back to Microsoft to confirm that the OS is a legal copy.

NaGeL

Does that means thet Xp-tan is Bill Gates whore?!?!?! O_o
OMG...

Silentbob

It's not poor XP-tans fault, she can't help how they made her.    :(

NaGeL

yeah....but we still like arent we? ^_^

Darknight_88

I'm no expert, but aside the activation issue, the whole saseko thing may be related in part to the looks of XP-tan (the character, not the OS)...which are often criticized by a certain pig ¬¬

Pizza354

wow....I never Saseko meant that...
The Thing, a member of the Fantastic Four, is a gifted superhero. Yet, it\'s hard to look at him how he\'s wearing them..."underwears" I\'m not scared, it\'s just...wrong ;014

Bella

I didn't know that Saseko meant that, either O__o

Maybe I will call her XP-sama from now on (but Saseko does go with Homeko...)

Is that an actual insult, or is it more like a title...eg, calling someone an actual w%^&e vs. "a Jezebel"...

C-Chan

Sounds more like an insult adapted as a term of endearment, not unlike how in Mexican culture a husband may call his wife [in Spanish] "gorda", or literally "fatty".  It's a humorous term of endearment that (at least as far as I've seen) is still acceptable (and in fact was used in the Spanish dubbing of Shrek).  

But trying that in the States (AND in English) will likely initiate some good ol' fashioned Domestic Violence.  ^^;

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
*starts coming up with possible names*

- Kei
- Misato
- Sheeta
- Nausicaä

Quote from: "Tsubashi"5 potatoes, eh?

Kei - Hand Maid May
Misato - NGE
Sheeta - Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Nausicaä - Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Anyways, I do believe we have successfully answered the OPs question thus leaving us without an answerable topic, ne? Unless, of course, someone has an alternate meaning?

Oh, yes What a wonderful idea...

So we are falling from the frying pan into the fire...  ;012

i.e. we are falling from the Saseko into the Laputa, which all this implies into all Spanish Spoken "Se habla Español" countries...

We both C-Chan and me know what "la puta" means in spanish... ROTFL  ;011  ;012 ;088

Quote from: "Tsubashi"
2k-tan is referring to the wholly annoying XP activation function, designed to decrease piracy. While 2k-tan requires a CD key, XP is the first to require internet or telephone activation.

Quote from: "95Direct"
Not to mention that XP has to phone home back to Microsoft to confirm that the OS is a legal copy.

Quote from: "NaGeL"
Does that means thet Xp-tan is Bill Gates whore?!?!?! O_o
OMG...

Yes! Tsubashi and 95Direct wants politely let you aware of the fact that XP needs to phone Microsoft to require "activation", so she is truly a "call girl"...  ;015  ;006

-----

By the way... In other countries Saseko is not that bad...

In german language SaSeKo it is a short for:

Sach- und Selbstkompetenz

that is in english:

"Special and self authority"

Where "Kompetenz" in german means something like "Skills", "Authority", "Know how", "Competence", "Capability"...

(I hope I translated it well, thanks to Google, and some little german I know)

For example: "Sach- und Selbstkompetenz in der Sportlehrerausbildung"

"Special and self authority in the sport teacher training"

LOL! ROTFL!
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Silentbob

I would wager Darknight_88 knows as well, and yours truly. (I lived for 5 years in Spain  ;) )

Personally, I call the OS-tans by their original names, just for the sake of clarity and for the benefit of the uninitiated.

Darknight_88

I would wager Darknight_88 knows as well, and yours truly. (I lived for 5 years in Spain )
Yeah, In Mexico you can call people with certain derogatory terms without problems. Terms as: gorda (fatty), vieja (old woman) or negro (Black).
Of course, they can also be used and understood in a derogatory way, but it depends on the context, grade of relation (family,friend,stranger) and tone of voice.

I actually doubt that "saseko" is used as a term of endearment, looking at XP-tan reaction in this page
Personally, I think there's a huge difference between calling someone "fat" and calling someone a whore >_>

The only way to be sure would be to ask in Nijiura's /os/ or 2chan