Siya's Concept Hut

Started by Siya, July 17, 2007, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Meh,... I've been ground up in so many different ways, by so many sadistic OS-tans, that a samurai sword will feel like a massage at this point.... -.-

But precisely my case in point, I've pushed myself to learn every single detail about 95-tan, from choice of lingerie (being short provides good vantage points... :D ), to long lost hidden nicknames (MEchan, Secchan, Hacchan, and consequently, Hagchan.... ^.^).

So what's good for the goose is good for the gander, so.......

Time to start your Nexenta training.....  ^v^

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"Cool,... so you really are doing this raster based.  Heck, you must ink and color as fast as a convention artist then -- that takes skills or a helluva lot of practice, and I bet you have both.  ^__~

Course, if you're using Adobe and ArcSoft, that must mean you're either using Windows or Mac right now, ne?  ^^
Yup!  I'm using Windows.  *gasp!*  However, I've been looking at Sabayon Linux.  Mostly, just the looking.  It will probably be a while before I actually try to change...

I have, incidentally, been an artist at one tiny, local convention.  But, as it was my first time and I decided to work it at the last minute (operating at a friends' table), I didn't have anything pre-made with me!  At least I made money!

QuoteYour pictures must wait until the Administrator approves them. He usually does this only when he has time, since he's very busy AND lots of people submit tons of pictures to him every day. So posting it that way may take up to a week or more for the pictures to display!! @o@;
If I already submitted the pictures to the first way, will they still display in my own gallery?  If not, am I supposed to/permitted to upload them a second time?

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Siya...si...siyaaa.....siiiyaa.........

Crap. I can't come up with any good puns on this one. I fail at life now -.-
That's alright.  If it helps any, my other half is Marc. *points to avatar*  He's the yellow one.  I have a better agent, so he doesn't get to be in display names, except for a couple role-playing forums.

QuoteAnd just asking, does the Bluebottle OS have anything to do with the Bluebottle mail service? Just found the name interesting, since i use it ^^
As far as I can tell, the only link between the two is the name.  I could be very wrong, though.

C-Chan

Oh, almost forgot....

QuoteSiya...si...siyaaa.....siiiyaa.........

Crap. I can't come up with any good puns on this one. I fail at life now -.-

Try, "Yes SIYA!"  *salutes*  ^__^\

QuoteOh and i forgot: FGJ on this! Great to have another contributing artist to the community ^^
(i feel so cheap when i say this -_-)

Come to think of it, I haven't seen you produce another DC-tan.  `v'

QuoteAnd just asking, does the Bluebottle OS have anything to do with the Bluebottle mail service? Just found the name interesting, since i use it ^^

I doubt it, but anything is possible in this world, especially for OSes designed primarily for servers.

Here's the main ETH Oberon site (which includes a link to its latest Bluebottle OS):

http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/

QuoteYup! I'm using Windows. *gasp!* However, I've been looking at Sabayon Linux. Mostly, just the looking. It will probably be a while before I actually try to change...

WOW!!!  ^V^
I'm impressed in your interest in using one of the prettiest and most advanced Linux distros around!  ^___^
I should warn, however, that while it will likely be rewarding to use, it is Gentoo-based and thus not exactly beginner-friendly.  At the risk of sounding like a parrot, the Mandriva-based PCLinuxOS is probably the best choice for a casual first dip into Linux (or if you want something Ubuntu-based, Linux Mint).

Should also point out that, thanks to the invention of the LiveCD (or in Sabayon's case, the LiveDVD), you can try out a Linux distros without installing it to your HD, and hence not replacing your Windows install.  Since it runs entirely off of RAM disk, the performance will be slightly more sluggish and you'll need a minimum of 128megs of RAM -- but other than that, it's a great interactive way to "look" at a fully-functional, fully-packaged modern Linux OS.  

In addition, LiveCDs also help diagnose boot problems, since you can also access your HD (=Windows) partitions -- in other words, its always good to have one around anyway in case your Windows decides to not cooperate for this-and-that reason. ^^

QuoteI have, incidentally, been an artist at one tiny, local convention. But, as it was my first time and I decided to work it at the last minute (operating at a friends' table), I didn't have anything pre-made with me! At least I made money!

Which translates to you were able to create ad-lib drawings!  ^v^
Yep, you sound like you have major talent.  ^___^

QuoteIf I already submitted the pictures to the first way, will they still display in my own gallery? If not, am I supposed to/permitted to upload them a second time?

First question:  No, they'll display in whatever gallery you designated to unless Pitkin notices the discrepancy.  Unfortunately, with his workload at the moment, I doubt that'll be possible.

Second question: Drop him a PM and tell him not to load those images (you might try linking to the images in your PM so he'll know which one's you're referring to).  

(Although now that I think about it, couldn't Tsubashi-san do the same? ^__^)

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"Try, "Yes SIYA!"  *salutes*  ^__^\
I just remembered something that came up on some of the role-play forums.  Since Siya is pronouced like "See ya," one could always do something with that.

QuoteWOW!!!  ^V^
I'm impressed in your interest in using one of the prettiest and most advanced Linux distros around!  ^___^
It is pretty!  I may have to think up what Sabayon-tan would be like...

Thanks for all the help!  Now, to finish chibi Yoper-tan!

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "C-Chan"Come to think of it, I haven't seen you produce another DC-tan. `v'

I know, i know! I feel cheap, i said...I'll try to revive my artistic senses over my US trip though. Transit is a good time for all kinds of art...
...yosha! Now not to invade this thread anymore, I'll have to pack my stuffs. And look forward to (hopefully!) a revival at the end of summer!
*strots off*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Siya

Bweeheehee!  SD Yoper v.2-tan!

This has successfully made it into the gallery!

C-Chan

*cries*

Forgive me, Nexenta-chan!!!   ;^0^;
I don't mean to cheat on you,... but,.... but I just can't resist a cool-yet-cute, super-powerful, emo-with-trace-elements-of-goth girl.  ;^~^;

I'm a weak pig,... I'm sure you can understand..... ;^_______^;

*latches on to Yoper-chan*

I know which distro I'm gonna be downloading tonight! ^v^

*squeals with joy*

Siya

In a deviation from my original concept sketches, I made Babelfish-tan...because the idea struck me both as amusing and a necessity.

Tsubashi

*stumbles into thread*
*looks around*
Woah! Why didn't I find this place earlier? Yoper-tan is uber-awesome! You are an amazing artist, so I definitely will have to go back and see the rest of your work!

Added after 15 minutes:

I'm back, and quite wholeheartedly impressed. You are extremely fast, and also extremely talented. I love your drawings! Your Zeta-tan looks much better than v1.1! Nexenta-tan looks quite cute, and like Senpai said, I've never seen a giraffe girl before! ^__^
Of course, Yoper-tan is my favorite. I think she would have looked really cool with wings, but even without them she looks particularly stunning! It also helps that I discovered/played around with Yoper rather recently ^^'

Quote(Although now that I think about it, couldn't Tsubashi-san do the same? ^__^)

I most certainly could, but I think Pitkin-dono has already taken care of it!
-Tsu

Siya

I don't know much about tinysofa, but I made tinysofa-tan, anyway:

C-Chan

Yo hohoho, Siya-san!  ^__^

Two more uber-fast and spectacular chibi entries + a slightly-filled Gallery.  Indeed, you've been busy with greatness, haven't you?  ^v^

As for the new additions,... I was kinda hoping for BlueBottle-chan, but these definitely were unexpected surprises.  ^___^

Babelfish = Altavista's "translation" service,... as you pointed out so correctly in her text bubble, sometimes the translations border on the embarrassing.  ^^;
Babel-chan herself has a very old-fashioned charm, but also a very unique way of personifying a fish (using a mermaid form would've simply made her too similar to 2003 "Saba"-tan).

Tinysofa = a very small and low-key Linux server based on Fedora.  Even though the overall look reminds me somewhat of Hana-chan from 'Rozen Maiden', you did (either intentionally or accidentally) make her look appropriately similar (thematically-speaking) to Fedora-san.  ^__^

Usually I'm a sucker for gals who like to make bold statements.... -v-

*stares love-struck at Yoper-chan*

...but she is very cute and pleasant, the kind of OS-tan that you want to wake up in the morning to.  ^__^

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"As for the new additions,... I was kinda hoping for BlueBottle-chan, but these definitely were unexpected surprises.  ^___^
Oh, really?  I didn't expect for her to be that exciting.  Well, I already started inking a different one, but I'll have Bluebottle OS-tan next in the queue.

QuoteBabelfish = Altavista's "translation" service,... as you pointed out so correctly in her text bubble, sometimes the translations border on the embarrassing.  ^^;
Babel-chan herself has a very old-fashioned charm, but also a very unique way of personifying a fish (using a mermaid form would've simply made her too similar to 2003 "Saba"-tan).
I ran text through Babel Fish to figure out what she would say.   Babelfish-tan amuses me most, as a character, because she often doesn't say what she means.  ^__^  If I have time and inspiration, in the future, I might do some 4-panel comics with her.  I avoided a mermaid form for exactly the reason you mentioned.  Although, I'm trying to think of a different mackerel-related thing to do with Sabayon, while making it low-key.

QuoteTinysofa = a very small and low-key Linux server based on Fedora.  Even though the overall look reminds me somewhat of Hana-chan from 'Rozen Maiden', you did (either intentionally or accidentally) make her look appropriately similar (thematically-speaking) to Fedora-san.  ^__^
Although I've been wanting to, I've never seen Rozen Maiden.  So, the similarities are unintentional.  ^^;  As are the similarities to Fedora, although I plopped a fedora on tinysofa-tan's stuffed penguin to reference her relationship.  ^_^

QuoteUsually I'm a sucker for gals who like to make bold statements.... -v-

*stares love-struck at Yoper-chan*

...but she is very cute and pleasant, the kind of OS-tan that you want to wake up in the morning to.  ^__^
Maybe you'll like Sabayon-tan, then. ^__^

Speaking of Sabayon-tan, I have some new sketches to scan.  They will have to wait until later, though.

C-Chan

QuoteOh, really? I didn't expect for her to be that exciting. Well, I already started inking a different one, but I'll have Bluebottle OS-tan next in the queue.

Fufufu... ^.^
I'm sure you're too new to know this, but I'm the one who praised the day ORIC-tan was drawn, held a parade after the births of MorphOS-tan and AROS-tan respectively, and worship Mac OSX 10.1 Puma like a GOD.  Oh, and also at one point I considered drawing all of these:

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-231.html
[note: list is unfinished and updates discontinued]

So thou cannot underestimate this pig's fascination for obscure OS-tans.  ^.^

Besides...

I just have this thing for insect woman, you know.... ^___^
Maybe I was a bug myself in my previous life... ^v^;

In any case, I'll be waiting here expectently.... ^.^

*wags tail*

QuoteAlthough, I'm trying to think of a different mackerel-related thing to do with Sabayon, while making it low-key.

Ah, great sugoiness!!  ^v^
Though I never physically conceived of a Sabayon-tan design, I kinda figured she would emulate the desert more.  The obvious pun of yours never occurred to me, and now that I look at it that way, it's cute!  ^.^

QuoteAlthough I've been wanting to, I've never seen Rozen Maiden. So, the similarities are unintentional. ^^; As are the similarities to Fedora, although I plopped a fedora on tinysofa-tan's stuffed penguin to reference her relationship.

Well dontcha ya worry, cause Hana-chan herself looks like half-a-million other characters before her.... ^.^

With Japanese Anime, because it's a relatively standardized art form, it's really not all that hard to have overlapping design elements.  Some may see this as a drawback, but I see this as one of its principle marketing strengths.  ^.^
But it's a moot point, cause all we [the consumers] really care about is that they're cute/cool, have interesting personalities, still adhere to somelevel of animation quality standards (something Western animators need to be reeducated on), and emphasize a particularly favored body part.  ^__^'

(My preference is hair; on the other hand, your average XP-tan fan may prefer something else.... ^.^')

But enough about that,... Wow! I didn't actually notice the Fedora!  ^v^

Have I said tonight how much of a cool, emerging star you are!  ^__^
(at least here on this forum, cause I can't tell if maybe you're already an established and world-reknown manga guru... ^.^)

QuoteMaybe you'll like Sabayon-tan, then. ^__^

Speaking of Sabayon-tan, I have some new sketches to scan. They will have to wait until later, though.

YEEHAW!!!  Now we're cookin' with FIYA!!!! ^V^

*sits down and wags tail expectently*

For some reason, I can't help but shake off the association of a Sabayon-tan with Pudding-tan.  Do prove me wrong, cause Sabayon-san must be cool (in a cute-looking way), given the awesome, astounding, cutting-edge system she represents!  ^___^

Siya

Ach!  I still haven't scanned the new sketches.  Ah well.  

Anyway, I haven't finished the one I had inked, yet, because I decided to try inking with my Wacom for the very first time!  Since C-chan was waiting for Bluebottle-tan, I decided to practice on her:

Quote from: "C-Chan"Oh, and also at one point I considered drawing all of these:

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-231.html
[note: list is unfinished and updates discontinued]

So thou cannot underestimate this pig's fascination for obscure OS-tans.  ^.^
That's an ambitious list!  And organized!

QuoteThough I never physically conceived of a Sabayon-tan design, I kinda figured she would emulate the desert more.  The obvious pun of yours never occurred to me, and now that I look at it that way, it's cute!  ^.^
QuoteFor some reason, I can't help but shake off the association of a Sabayon-tan with Pudding-tan.  Do prove me wrong, cause Sabayon-san must be cool (in a cute-looking way), given the awesome, astounding, cutting-edge system she represents!  ^___^
I do intend to use the dessert as an element of her design, but slightly less in the custard sense and more in the sense that a high class dessert looks really nice and well put-together.  I also want to toss in a small throw-back to the potential for "saba", as well.  Maybe she'll just whack people with a mackerel, every now and again.

QuoteI can't tell if maybe you're already an established and world-reknown manga guru... ^.^
Nope.  I wish I was, though.  ^_^;

[Edit] I just added the new sketches to my gallery, so you can check them out, if you wish.  Most of them are just ideas which may never be complete, but there they are.

Siya

And, now for SkyOS-tan!

I need to take a break from these, now.  I have things to do!