iTry

Started by Tsubashi, March 14, 2007, 08:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

ZOMG! Newton-tan! The first new character seen in weeks! Very good work C-Chan and Tsubashi! Now what we need it a little bio for the new character!

C-Chan

Hehe... There is one, but Tsubashi's courage works in spurts.  ^__^

He just barely managed to crawl out of his bunker.

In about 3 days he'll be ready to disclose the bio.  -v-
For now, think of her as "academia", with a hint of "proving herself" after being dumped by her parent company.  -v-'

Tsubashi

Well, I guess it's been quite a bit past 3 days, sorry.
Nevertheless, to make up for the delay, I present: Another Newton-tan Pic!

The rumored "Picture Number 2," brought to life with no small amout of help from C-Chan! ^o^

As for a profile...
Well, in her early days, she was sort of a klutz. She was way too overconfident in her abilities, but was an absolute horrid speller! Embarrassed by her lack of talent, and all the harsh media reviews, she vowed to be better, and worked hard to improve. Though she improved to (in my opinion) one of the very best, she was still made fun of by most people. Then, in 1998, "Father" (Steve Jobs) decided to put her out on her own. She took it vary hard, blaming herself for not being good enough. She continued to work her hardest, thinking "If I'm good enough, father will think I'm worth something!" She can easily communicate with even the newest OSes, and understands new protocols and devices (Wi-Fi, bluetooth, etc). She takes her time, and thinks things through. She's very shy, but will talk to anyone if she needs something.She is also afraid of heights!

Anyways, thanks for the nice reception of the last pic, and I hope this one is good too!
-Tsu

Aurora Borealis

Newton-tan returns!  Very nice work indeed! ;019

Did you do all that in Inkscape?! (as for me, I still do effects, backgrounds and shading in Photoshop.. I still have a long way to go! ^^)

Newton-tan looks very cute, curiously reaching for the glowing stars, probably pondering if she should or shouldn't at the same time but is oh so curious... REACH FOR THE STARS, NEWTON-TAN! :D

Tsubashi

Thank you, Aurora-sama!

Yes, this was done entirely in inkscape, though you should thank C-Chan-senapai for that. I hardly know what I'm doing at all, inkscape or photoshop! ^^'

It's sorta funny why the stars are there. When I started, I used the star tool to set up where the light would come from. I went on drawing, but about halfway along, I noticed that she seemed to be gazing intently at the star, so I decided to included it as a floating bouncy ball type thing. Eventually it morphed into the luminescent star-burst you see now!

QuoteI still have a long way to go! ^^

I wouldn't be so sure. There is nothing wrong with using both apps. In fact, given someone who knew both, like you, it could be considered the best way (Though the real best way is whatever you're comfortable with ^__^).
Your drawing are so cute, it hardly matters how you do them! ^-^
-Tsu

Bella

Beautiful work, Tsubashi! I don't know much about Newton, but this is a great design. My favorite thing are her eyes...her necklace and headband are very cute too :)

NejinOniwa

Aaaaaaand one norwegian cookie goes to the vampire! *toss*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

Wow,... so many art threads, so little time.... ^^'
But anyway, glad you finally posted her Tsubashi-dono.  ^v^

QuoteDid you do all that in Inkscape?! (as for me, I still do effects, backgrounds and shading in Photoshop.. I still have a long way to go! ^^)

Ah yes, to reiterate what Tsubashi-san said, that's 100% done in Inkscape.
LONG LIVE blurring effects!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

QuoteBeautiful work, Tsubashi! I don't know much about Newton, but this is a great design. My favorite thing are her eyes...her necklace and headband are very cute too

Newton-chan is perhaps the world's first commercially-viable PDA.  ^v^
Her very presence commands respect, even if the first impulse is to detect cuteness.  ^___^'

QuoteAaaaaaand one norwegian cookie goes to the vampire! *toss*

[to Tsubashi]  See dude?  If you hadn't left your bunker, you wouldn't get your Norwegian cookie.  ^.^

Alfamille

Quote from: "Tsubashi"

As for a profile...
Well, in her early days, she was sort of a klutz. She was way too overconfident in her abilities, but was an absolute horrid speller! Embarrassed by her lack of talent, and all the harsh media reviews, she vowed to be better, and worked hard to improve. Though she improved to (in my opinion) one of the very best, she was still made fun of by most people. Then, in 1998, "Father" (Steve Jobs) decided to put her out on her own. She took it vary hard, blaming herself for not being good enough. She continued to work her hardest, thinking "If I'm good enough, father will think I'm worth something!" She can easily communicate with even the newest OSes, and understands new protocols and devices (Wi-Fi, bluetooth, etc). She takes her time, and thinks things through. She's very shy, but will talk to anyone if she needs something.She is also afraid of heights!

That was a nice in depth analysis of her character especially "her" own thoughts about the bad reviews and as she went to improve herself as she was finally put out by "Father".

It gave a nice touch on how she went to get that glittery starry orb (Kudos to that!). I really believe you've planned this whole scene well all along. All it needs is the black background, that orb serves as candle already around darkness and Newton-tan being a small fairy she could be (Kudos again!). And I quickly noticed the concept of having a struggling fairy with all her humbleness around darkness attempting to touch that orb.

I dunno what's on Tsubashi's mind or reason why she wants to somehow touch that orb or most importantly how did he come up with such good scene.

Sorry for my strong imaginations on this one. It's just for me, what Tsubashi did to this rendition makes it more just a normal OS-tan renditon-somehow a portrait I can say ^_^ (That rendition almost owned every CE-tan image in the net thus far IMO)

Now as soon as I came to see this thread. Tsubashi made a wallpaper based on the rendition I was talking about. I'm glad he chose that for the Wallpaper Contest.

Quote from: "Tsubashi"

POWER ON!!!

and more power to Tsubashi-dono!

Tsubashi

*Blushes*
Arigatou Gozaimasu! I'm glad you like my drawings. I certainly had a lot of fun making them. Though, really, it is all because of C-Chan-senpai. First, he believed in me, cheered me on, and made everything look nice!

QuoteI dunno what's on Tsubashi's mind or reason why she wants to somehow touch that orb or most importantly how did he come up with such good scene.

Well, like I said before, this was, originally, my testing grounds for all the cool things Senpai suggested, one of which was to use the star tool to create a reference point for lighting and shading. Then, as the drawing progressed, it sorta felt like she was looking at the star, so I put a few more in and made it an orb. The nice starburst effect was Senpai's idea.

I am really flattered that you would look into the symbology of my pictures. Originally, I just wanted to draw her flying since I though it would look cool. Fortunately, Newton-chan has a mind of her own, so the drawing really started taking on some more serious aspects. I can't say I intended all the things that you mentioned, but I most certainly did try to put a lot of symbolism in. Forgive me, I am part of a ceremonial team ^^'

As for my wallpaper, I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do. I knew I couldn't leave the floating orb in, since it is much too abstract, but taking it out made it look so empty. I was contemplating this at around 23:42:01 (I only know because I was writing in my diary at the time. ^^') when the server next to me went into sleep mode. It is a PowerMac G4 tower, so the lighted power button pulsed gently. That's when I knew what to put in place of the orb! ^__^
-Tsu

C-Chan

Ah!  Never heard that story.  ^__^

Yeah, I do recall from my friend's iMac that the power button light pulsates gently like that.  ^___^