Siya's Concept Hut

Started by Siya, July 17, 2007, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siya

I did several of these before I joined this forum, so I may be reiterating some concepts someone else has done.  They are all, currently, just pencil sketches.  I hope to develop them further.

ZETA-tan - Ignore the MonaOS head in the bottom corner corner for it is unsatisfactory.  

Yellow Dog Linux and Yoper Linux - I think I was using Yoper v.2 for reference.  It was all dark and vamp-looking.  I don't know about the wings.  Yellow Dog just looks fun.

Nexenta-tan - A giraffe!  Maybe she deserves a long-necked version.  I chose more of a wild-child look.  She also has a long stemmed leaf she chews on, like a farmer with wheat.  I also gave her a globe.

SkyOS-tan - I want to redo her legs a bit and I haven't made a decision as to whether or not I actually want that thing on her back.  This is mostly how I want her to look, though.

BlueBottle OS-tan (and SD BlueBottle OS!) - I'm not in any way familiar with the BlueBottle OS, but I thought she'd be drunk.  She also has antennae, because a Bluebottle is a type of blue fly.  

SD OS-tans (because I felt like doing all of the above designs twice!:

ZETA and Yoper - I didn't include the wings on Yo-tan.

Yellow Dog and Nexenta - Both of them look much more playful, here.

SkyOS and YouTube - Because YouTube is an entertainer and I felt like she needed to be conceptualized.

Let me know what you think!

Aurora Borealis

Those are great! I hope you finish and color them in! Also, welcome to the forums!

The characters you made look very diverse and unique! (I've certainly never seen a giraffe girl before!)

Incidentally, I attempted to make a YouTube-tan some time ago but I'm glad you succeeded where I just gave up.

I did make a YellowDog-tan a couple months ago but in my next drawing of her, I will incorporate some elements from your rendition!

C-Chan

Yay, the Siya-meister has delivered and then some!  ^___^

Zeta,... the successor (maybe daughter?) of BeOS.  There was a design for her in Nijiura.com recently, but it's actually fairly similar to yours (albeit more revealing, as its customary over there.... ^^: )
YDL... our friendly neighborhood PowerPC Linux distros.  (and the only one we've had a preexisting design for around here [Aurora's], so you did well in choosing unique OS-tans as they help fill in some necessary gaps) This version retains the friendly and feisty canine spirit!  ^.^
Yoper....  a pretty high-end distros; I can see how she'd make great use of vampiric strength and mystery.  ^___^
Nexenta....  an OpenSolaris/Linux hybrid with a giraffe for a mascot -- obviously shares the power and spunk of both OSes (even if one is a bit more tight-wad than the other at the moment).  -v-
SkyOS.... an ambitious lone wolf of an OS who cruises the skies looking for people still interested in an alternative proprietary OS.  Course, given the amount of FOSS tools she already uses, she might as well admit that she's a Linux distros in denial.  ^v^
BlueBottle OS.... you got me there too.... ^^;

In any event, all your sketches are gorgeous, but for me personally your chibi characters take the case!  To quote net slang, they're "100% PURE WIN!!" and flawless in both humor and graceful execution!  ^__^

Sounds like you've kept them as sketches for a while, so I'd be interested to know if you do plan to color them in the near future.  Judging from your avi, I'm almost giddy to speculate that you're a fine cel shader!  ^__^

[then again, I don't have to speculate,... cause your Gallery says it all... ^^]

*wags tail in expectation*

Added after 18 minutes:

Oh never mind, I remember who Bluebottle-tan is.  She's the successor of the old Oberon system!  ^__^

Gyaaah, sometimes I'm glad I spent all that time creating the Annex, otherwise how else could I know these things off hand.... -v-

Siya

*Shakes a fist at Photobucket*  
Alas, Photobucket is down for maintenance when I want to upload my first finished piece.

Ah, well.  Here's a link to deviantART again:

The complete ZETA-tan!

I'm glad my sketches are enjoyed and, so far, mostly new concepts!   ;003
Is there a link to the ZETA-tan that appeared in Nijiura.com?  

I just found your YellowDog, Aurora.  It's cute!

Edit:
Now that Photobucket is up:

C-Chan

Booyeah!!!  Just as I suspected, you're an ace in Anime-style cel-shading!  ^__^

The crisp style and hip character designs, especially of your full-sized characters, is going to be a welcome addition around these parts!  ^v^
Plus, I also appreciate an artist who has loves to have fun with hair.... ^______^

If you don't mind me saying, your style reminds me a lot of the legendary Juzo-kun's style, and she went on to introduce a lot of Linux-tans in the community.  ^__^

BTW, the Nijiura thread with their Zeta-tan has long since been buried into oblivion, but fortunately the Yinzer managed to salvage it into the Gallery.  I think there were two, but here's the one I remember:

In addition, in case you're curious, here's the BeOS-tan that I remember:

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"If you don't mind me saying, your style reminds me a lot of the legendary Juzo-kun's style, and she went on to introduce a lot of Linux-tans in the community.  ^__^

I don't mind at all!  I actually just found Juzo-kun's work on deviantART.

QuoteBTW, the Nijiura thread with their Zeta-tan has long since been buried into oblivion, but fortunately the Yinzer managed to salvage it into the Gallery.  I think there were two, but here's the one I remember:

Ooh!  Well, I used ZETA version 1.0 as inspiration.  Maybe they're different?  ^_^

QuoteIn addition, in case you're curious...
I'm always curious! ^___^

C-Chan

QuoteI don't mind at all! I actually just found Juzo-kun's work on deviantART.

Yeah, she hasn't drawn OS-tan related material in a while, but the stuff she did blew me away.  I love, adore and worship her Fedora-tan.  ^___^

QuoteOoh! Well, I used ZETA version 1.0 as inspiration. Maybe they're different?  

Well, look at it this way....  -v-

Secchan is only a mild improvement over Hacchan, and Windows 95 OSR 2.5-sama is only a patch update over the original Windows 95-tan.  But BY GAWD are they radically different.....  ^_____^

vs.

vs.

Silentbob

Cool concepts.  :D

My friend would be all over Zeta-tan, as he's been a very avid user of BeOS/Zeta over the years.   :)

Siya

I just finished the Nexenta-tan chibi, so here it is!

C-Chan

Yep, I've seen dog girls, cat girls, pig girls, fish girls, and more recently owl girls.  But betcha no one's ever come out with a giraffe girl yet, so consider yourself uber-original!  Though its a redundancy for me to say it, excellent work Siya-san!  ^__^

Not only is the picture quality crisp and colorful, but the speed of deployment is incredible, almost,... Infinity Zero-like.  ^.^
Are you using a vector-based program like Illustrator, Inkscape or Flash?  Or is it all raster-based?  ^__^

In any event, now that you've amassed quite a collection of sketches and colored products, I invite you to create your own personal user-gallery with us.....  ^__^

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/index.php?cat=1

It's no DeviantArt, but at least it's easier to upload stuff.  ^^;
If you need instructions, i can supply them to you.  ^__^

BTW, for anyone interested in giving Nexenta-chan a spin:  

http://www.gnusolaris.org/gswiki

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"Not only is the picture quality crisp and colorful, but the speed of deployment is incredible, almost,... Infinity Zero-like.  ^.^
Are you using a vector-based program like Illustrator, Inkscape or Flash?  Or is it all raster-based?  ^__^
Thanks!  I've been using Adobe Photoshop Elements.  All I have, at the moment, is that and ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5.

Quote from: "C-Chan"In any event, now that you've amassed quite a collection of sketches and colored products, I invite you to create your own personal user-gallery with us.....  ^__^
I very well may need some instructions for this.  I tried to upload ZETA-tan and Nexenta-tan and, while I believe I have succeeded, I don't quite know if I did it right.  I'm a confuzzled see-saw.  -.-;

Darknight_88

lol, I never expected this to be in the "scrap" gallery. And DA lag is terrible these days  D:<

Well, since I don't really know any of the OS'es represented here and have no clue of what the hell are you people talking about :D, I guess the only thing I have to comment is that your drawings look really good Siya.

Keep up the good work  ;010

C-Chan

QuoteWell, since I don't really know any of the OS'es represented here and have no clue of what the hell are you people talking about , I guess the only thing I have to comment is that your drawings look really good Siya.

*slap slap slap slap slap slap slap slap*

Foolish Hag-chan worshipper!  ^0^
Thou hast lived a serf to the Kingdom of Windows for so longeth, that thou faileth to realizeth that the future belongs to a multipoler world.... -eth.....  -v-

Repent!  REPENT!!!!  And start versing thyself in the ways of alternative OSes, for in knowledge lieth salvation!!!  Amen!!!!  Hallelujah, and all that jazz... -eth~!!!  ^0^

QuoteThanks! I've been using Adobe Photoshop Elements. All I have, at the moment, is that and ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5.

Cool,... so you really are doing this raster based.  Heck, you must ink and color as fast as a convention artist then -- that takes skills or a helluva lot of practice, and I bet you have both.  ^__~

Course, if you're using Adobe and ArcSoft, that must mean you're either using Windows or Mac right now, ne?  ^^

QuoteI very well may need some instructions for this. I tried to upload ZETA-tan and Nexenta-tan and, while I believe I have succeeded, I don't quite know if I did it right. I'm a confuzzled see-saw. -.-;

No problemo, the C-chan hath arriveth!  ^___^
Course, the C-chan also hath not timeth at the moment, so I'll just post my legendary tutorial that I provided for Infinity-Zero-sama, Aurora-sama and Bella-sama.... ^^

(Don't mind the outdated references...  ^^;)

==============================================================================

When you Upload to the normal picture folders, like these:

Your pictures must wait until the Administrator approves them. He usually does this only when he has time, since he's very busy AND lots of people submit tons of pictures to him every day. So posting it that way may take up to a week or more for the pictures to display!! @o@;

====================

But,... /C-chan has a quick solution for you! ^.^

====================

Click on the My Gallery Link on top, and you'll be directed to the User Galleries. Then, click on the "Create/Order My Albums".

You've now created a [YourName] Folder in the User Gallery, where you'll be free to post anything you want at any time!! ^v^

In the Album Manager, you are going to create the names of the folders you want created. For example, below I made two folders in my album: one for my scrap art, and the other where I store my finished pictures.

Once you're done, hit "Apply Modifications" to create the folder. ^.^

That way, when you go to the 'Upload File' menu again, your personal folders will appear on top!

Select them to upload the pictures to any of your folders, and when they're done, the pictures will be loaded instantly!! ^v^

Then we can all enjoy your artwork any time. ^______^

Hope this helped. ^v^

NejinOniwa

Siya...si...siyaaa.....siiiyaa.........

Crap. I can't come up with any good puns on this one. I fail at life now -.-

Oh and i forgot: FGJ on this! Great to have another contributing artist to the community ^^
(i feel so cheap when i say this -_-)

And just asking, does the Bluebottle OS have anything to do with the Bluebottle mail service? Just found the name interesting, since i use it ^^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteWell, since I don't really know any of the OS'es represented here and have no clue of what the hell are you people talking about , I guess the only thing I have to comment is that your drawings look really good Siya.

*slap slap slap slap slap slap slap slap*

Foolish Hag-chan worshipper!  ^0^
Thou hast lived a serf to the Kingdom of Windows for so longeth, that thou faileth to realizeth that the future belongs to a multipoler world.... -eth.....  -v-

Repent!  REPENT!!!!  And start versing thyself in the ways of alternative OSes, for in knowledge lieth salvation!!!  Amen!!!!  Hallelujah, and all that jazz... -eth~!!!  ^0^

QuoteFoolish Hag-chan worshipper!  ^0^
QuoteHag-chan

So you really, REALLY want to be SLICED and FRIED... RIGHT???!

P.S: posted in link because I don't want to invade Siya's thread >_>