If You could design a OS...

Started by Dr. Mario, June 23, 2007, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Sorry, I would've liked to have helped out, but most of this stuff is still way over my head.  ^^;

Dr. Mario

No, that's okay. But that was the reply - it wasn't that much.
Thank for the supports, anyways.
Beside, creating the OS was hard.. (I only had few successful designs...)
;025 Now, Bowser... What can I do with you...

C-Chan

That being said,........... um,......... what else can we do for you?  ^__^'
Are you still interested in drawing that GO-tan, or perhaps something else?  That's more up my alley, incidentally.  -.-'

Dr. Mario

;062 Still whirling down the whrilpool in Naruto... That's not easy thinking about GO-tan's personality --- Honestly, I had a flashback from a dream, of being taken from my beautiful place, to more ugly place, full of Bill's Nazi armies (You know, the one that carry Windows flags)... that was chilling... (And Bill Gates was chanting Nazi chanting in Japanese?!)

Still, your opinion about GO-tan are still welocme, that was what this website's all about!

Dr. Mario

Oh, if you (any C++ compiler users) want to know how good I'm at making programs... I sucks at it. I'm still trying my best. You would find ZIP files of my CPP c***s for prototype GreenOmega OS, if you want to muster around.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kami-Tux

Can we maybe meet in the IRC or in jabber or in person? I guess we can maybe cooperate.  ;001

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Dr. Mario

.... I don't have any account for IRC. But still, if you give me a good starting point for IRC, then fine.

My best guess is, you already have looked in my project's files. I think it was best to have some people work on it (Some thing I still have to oversee, because of complexity.) - Thank, Kami-tux - for taking your time looking at the spotlight..

Added after 1 hours 26 minutes:

;015 Oh, and what about Blu-ray Disc support, Kami?
If you want me to drop it for few years, fine. But I reckon that HD-DVD will survive (I found out that BD is more popular than HD-DVD, and I used this burner before and I liked this BD format better).

And, I would like to use GreenOmega OS, so I could watch anime (YAY!) Blu-ray Disc, while using just a single processor (Dual CPU's still expensive.. I originally bought the Athlon 64 Venice for $40, so I won't want to waste it.) - if you say it's impossible - T-T oh well, the technology is never friendly...

Okay, here's my hardware:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Venice 2.2GHz)
2x 512MB A-Data DDR400
Biostar K8T800-A7A (I know it's socket 754.)
BFGTech BFGR76512GSOC (512MB GeForce 7600GS AGP card)
20GB E-IDE Hard drive (I wanted a NCQ [SATA] hard drive... T-T No $$$...)

(By the way, if you want to give out a SATA HDD, just PM me first, for safety reason. I would need the biggest hard drive as possible, because I only have 20GB - and a NCQ compatibility to test ATFS table out. If nobody want to, fine with me - it could take forever before I could afford another HDD...)

Kami-Tux

You do not need an account for IRC, just use the Java-Applet on the site here.

Your system is way better than mine, BTW... :(

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Dr. Mario

I know, but you can always buy them all cheaply at www.newegg.com, BTW - my hard drive sucks.

Kami-Tux

Nah, I am no 'merican and well... broke as a a stray cat :)

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Dr. Mario

Okay, looks like you have the point spreaded on the table, Kami-tux...

PM me when you're ready for IRC.

Dr. Mario

I guess I'm going to drop this thread - since there are apparentally no interest. T-T

After all, I'm a thread killer.... (crawling under the computer desk)

Added after 1 minutes:

I'm giving it one week before IT expires. If no response, it go bye-bye...

Kami-Tux

BTW: I am still waiting for your mail.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Dr. Mario

I couldn't find a way to delete this thread, so I'm going to leave it alone, for future posting.

C-Chan

Yo Doc.  ^__^
Yeah, either an Admin or a Mod can delete this thread, but I'd rather you keep it around.  Someone else several months ago was also interested in creating his own OS, so who's to say that within a few months time there'll be someone else who's in the same boat as you are.  

Besides, the Great Penguin God seems interested in helping you with GOOS,... must be a bird thing...  -v-