Main Menu

lolifox

Started by rpb3000, May 13, 2006, 10:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Humm.. I set up my tower after more then a year of non use on the internets... and I found that suprizingly it had firefox on it. I dont remember leaving it on there but oh well.  So since i was updating IE on it I tried to used firefox to do my surfing...

But it crashed within 5 minutes of each time I opened the browser.  I loled hard.  Mor stable my backside. T_T
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Tsubashi

Well, are you sure all the configuration files were still intact? HD corruption and data loss can occur in stationary systems too, you know ^__~
Or maybe you had an old alpha version? Those are not always useably ^^'
-Tsu

CaptBrenden

Im not sure what the problem is, but any intention to use firefox that I may have had has drasticly dwindled.

Tsubashi

Don't you think that is a bit judgmental? Running an old version on a system unused to such activities, without any file continuity check or systemic analysis isn't exactly the best representation of the browser, ne?
-Tsu

CaptBrenden

I never had much inclination to use it in the first place. Like I said, I rarely ever have IE crash on me, and thats normaly when Ive bogged it down with far more then I should.  Its a if its not broke dont fix it. But since it was on the computer and I didnt have to take the time to download it I decided to try it, and it failed all expectations so far.  The cause of this being old program or HD degridation (which I dont think it is)  aside, its not worth the effort to trouble shoot if there is no gain from it

Tsubashi

I suppose trying anything out with an attitude like that would result in failure. Subjective reality, I suppose. People see what they want to, ne?
-Tsu

CaptBrenden

I didnt will firefox to crash T_T

NejinOniwa

Oh really...? -w-
Well, in any case senpai and the vampire are right - if you want firefox, then grab a new, stable one as fast as possible. From all i know FF has been extremely stable - heck, I've even tried most of the 5 Gran Paradiso alphas that have come out until now and even they are more stable than what of IE i've used!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS