Main Menu

"Bootleg" NT

Started by C-Chan, July 11, 2006, 11:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Hello all!
Not sure how much everyone's into the whole Futaba/Deja Vu dispute, but regardless I'm starting this post with an uneasy feeling of impending doom....  X___X

But questions desperately need to be asked, and better to have it rough now than creating a mess later   -__-'

Anyway, to be considerate of your time, I'll keep this silly exercise short and sweet.  ^____^;

The subject at hand,....

And now the questions,....

1) Was there ever any resolution between Futaba and Deja Vu in regards to the NT design conflict?

And if the issue was resolved for the worst....

2) Is there a general agreement among artists NOT to use Deja Vu's NT-tan design?

If so, that's fine by me since I too associate NT-tan more with "Inu-T" and the mother figure.  However, I admittedly have a soft spot for the Deja Vu design and would rather not see it pass [completely] into oblivion.  

So....

3) Would you feel it possible (and safe) for me to readapt her design for an entirely different OS-tan?

I have a non-Windows OS in mind, one that could not only benefit from "Bootleg" NT's appearance and temperment, but was also created in the midst of a purported "dispute" (between Microsoft and IBM, no less!).  ^____^

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.  ^.^;

Alfamille

1. No.

2. Most of those artist from Futaba and Nijiura have created a movement against it. So some of their supporters from other Japanese websites "voluntarily" joined this movement.

3. Why not, it is an artist choice. I mean there's no way other people could sue you for it (i dont see any possibility of suing)...

C-Chan

Quote from: "Alfamille"1. No.

2. Most of those artist from Futaba and Nijiura have created a movement against it. So some of their supporters from other Japanese websites "voluntarily" joined this movement.

3. Why not, it is an artist choice. I mean there's no way other people could sue you for it (i dont see any possibility of suing)...

Alfamille, YOU - ARE - THE - BEST!!!!  ^___^
Thank you!  Muchas Gracias!  Merci Beaucoup!  Domou Arigatou!

You've given me the backbone I needed!  Very well, even though I already spilt the beans in the PalmOS topic, I shall say it proclaim it here that I want bootleg NT to be new OS/2-tan!!!!  ^V^

I think she'd be perfect for the role, since OS/2 was originally a joint effort between Microsoft and IBM, and was eventually sidetracked when Microsoft broke off to support its own Windows line (3.1 and 95).  OS/2 was eventually released and many thought it a capable alternative to Windows in its own right.  But it could never overtake the success of Windows and hence it gradually gained the reputation of a Windows "clone" or "bootleg" when in fact it was developed legitimately as a separate OS.

OS/2-tan would likely be very bitter knowing that the Windows family betrayed her and stole her glory, and hence would make a really interesting [sort of] villain.  Her wardrobe would have to change, though, to take into account the defining features of the OS/2 operating system.

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Quote from: "Alfamille"1. No.

Alfamille, YOU - ARE - THE - BEST!!!!  ^___^
Thank you!  Muchas Gracias!  Merci Beaucoup!  Domou Arigatou!

You've given me the backbone I needed!  Very well, even though I already spilt the beans in the PalmOS topic, I shall say it proclaim it here that I want bootleg NT to be new OS/2-tan!!!!  ^V^

I think she'd be perfect for the role, since OS/2 was originally a joint effort between Microsoft and IBM, and was eventually sidetracked when Microsoft broke off to support its own Windows line (3.1 and 95).  OS/2 was eventually released and many thought it a capable alternative to Windows in its own right.  But it could never overtake the success of Windows and hence it gradually gained the reputation of a Windows "clone" or "bootleg" when in fact it was developed legitimately as a separate OS.

OS/2-tan would likely be very bitter knowing that the Windows family betrayed her and stole her glory, and hence would make a really interesting [sort of] villain.  Her wardrobe would have to change, though, to take into account the defining features of the OS/2 operating system.

Now that comment made my day ^_^

CaptBrenden

I would steer clear of it compleatly. There was and still is much hate and discontent about it.  Personaly I didnt like that design in the least bit, it just looks like a slightly differnt 2k.  I mean seriosly... longer ear things, differnt color hair and a NT rather then a 2k in her hair.  Its a travasty compaired to Inut  seriosly.  

I would avoid any association or use of dajavus design cus thats asking for a lower opinion of you from them right from the get go giving your original and creative designs less chance to take off or be accepted.  

However, that is just my opinion. Ive spent the last 6 months trying to dodge hate and discontent and prevent it from propgating itself so maybe Im just a bit paranoid.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"I would steer clear of it compleatly. There was and still is much hate and discontent about it.  Personaly I didnt like that design in the least bit, it just looks like a slightly differnt 2k.  I mean seriosly... longer ear things, differnt color hair and a NT rather then a 2k in her hair.  Its a travasty compaired to Inut  seriosly.  

I would avoid any association or use of dajavus design cus thats asking for a lower opinion of you from them right from the get go giving your original and creative designs less chance to take off or be accepted.  

However, that is just my opinion. Ive spent the last 6 months trying to dodge hate and discontent and prevent it from propgating itself so maybe Im just a bit paranoid.

Hmmm,... one yay and one nay from two credible people.

The plot thickens.....  Ã,¯_Ã,¯

*broods on the matter further*

CaptBrenden

credible?  that wouldnt fill me up...

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"credible?  that wouldnt fill me up...

Too late, I've already deemed you credible.

*broods a little longer*

I'd really like to release her and play on the recognition for the villain role (an exageration, since she really will be a crappy villain).  But I also realize that it can get unnecessarily messy.  (Even if regular forum folk don't mind, whose to say Deja Vu themselves wouldn't turn out to be hypocrites?)

This calls for a compromise.....  -__-

1 - Drop the ears.  [but they're cute...  ;_;]
2 - Leave her deployment till a later date, at least until I flesh out all the proposed OS factions.
3 - Alter head a little in addition to clothing -- who know's, I may accidentally design something cuter/cooler.  I can still find some creative way to play on the deja vu debacle later, maybe if I ever do comic strips.  ^.^

Alfamille

Y' know...Capt also have a point. Dejavu may claim those if you;re gonna do the same way it looks...

Well my advice is, why not change her otufit if you wanna keep the red hair girl...

CaptBrenden

From scratch I say! you can do so much better!!  I need caffein! time to shoot double shots! JAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVAJAVA

C-Chan

Oh yeah, new outfit is a given.  Bear in mind that IBM called their system OS/2 "Warp" for a very specific reason, so I have the perfect way to make that show in the outfit.  

Ah, but what the hell!  You both have sold me!  I'll make a new head too!  ^__^
I still want to make her a Meganeko, but at least she'll be safely far removed from her troublesome "inspiration".

CaptBrenden

hey cat girls are good to go,

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"hey cat girls are good to go,
Sorry, referring to the glasses....  -_-'

NewYinzer

Good idea to change the design. I'd hate to see you in the middle of the Futaba-Deja Vu-Netrunner Conflict.

CaptBrenden

But if you do decide to get involved I could lend you a kevlar body suit to help protect you