'Death Note' comics banned in China

Started by MisterCat, June 14, 2007, 10:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

-_-

and the gunslinger girl video game was banned and voted the most immoral videogame ever by the brits i hear
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

SleepyD

QuoteChinese authorities have issued a notice saying "Death Note" comics "contain elements of mystery, death and revenge, and are harmful to children's psychological development," Xinhua said.

The report said that students in Chinese schools have been seen imitating the character in the comic book, writing down the names of people they do not like in a notebook.
bahahaha....

i don't know why, but that seems funny.
I mean really, he kills people by writing in a book. At least he's not running around like a lunatic with a shotgun or something.  

Quoteand the gunslinger girl video game was banned and voted the most immoral videogame ever by the brits i hear
yeah, I heard something like that... sad they focus so much on the little girls with guns and not on the actual story. I'd go on into a rant, but I'll prolly end up preaching to the choir. ^^

CaptBrenden

well it plays like resident evil, but your a little girl, and they are real people... I soppose someone might find something wroung with that

SleepyD

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"well it plays like resident evil, but your a little girl, and they are real people... I soppose someone might find something wroung with that
yeah... I guess that's true.
I haven't played it, so I can't comment on how well the plot was executed.  If it focused more on action than story... it would be pretty easy to say that it's an immoral game.

CaptBrenden

yeah, dispite the awsome action and acurate guns down to the break down of the trigger housing group, that series is about the girls and their personal lives more then all that.  a video game im sure wouldnt capture that

SleepyD

*drools at t3h detailz*
I didn't know anything about guns when I first watched it, but I knew detail when I saw it.

and since a game can't capture the essence of gunslinger, I'm looking forward to the continuation of the manga (finally). ^o^  

wow, we went off topic here, didn't we? ^^;

CaptBrenden

a gunslinger girl is superior anyways.

Gummster

Quoteand the gunslinger girl video game was banned and voted the most immoral videogame ever by the brits i hear

EVIL BRITS!!!!
That game is ownwin and yes superior!

Bella

I can see, from their partial-to-the-anime-POV, how the Gunslinger Girl game could be a tad creepy...even if the anime/manga is actually more about their lives than a bunch of girls running about with guns...

Q4(V)

Quote from: "Gummster"
Quote from: "CaptBrenden"and the gunslinger girl video game was banned and voted the most immoral videogame ever by the brits i hear

EVIL BRITS!!!!

we ban it because we like it, we only do that to things we like to show how much we like them that how we work come on, where not evil we just show a appreciation differently

CaptBrenden

thats like your girlfriend kicking you in the nuts cus she likes you...