Introduction to OS-tans

Started by Bella, April 22, 2007, 04:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vangaurd666

Call it strange, but

I was introduced to the OS-tans by stumbling upon a pic of Vista-tan,

the scary one with her glowing red eyes and shadows all over.

Icelilly

I was on WAKAchan going through the yaoi thread. When I went through all the pages, I noticed an OS-tan thread. At the time didn't know what they were so I clicked on it and met the girls for the first time ^^

NejinOniwa

I get the feeling that's somehow appropriate for some oddball reason...yet so very, very wrong. -.-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Sunfire4224

I found them on wikipedia.

Savta-tan

Acher13

i found some xp-tan image when i'm looking for new wallpaper.. i think its google image and it interest me

Raffaele the Amigan

I saw OS-Tans various times, but in all the enormous mass of manga sites I visited, I even forgot of it.

I remember once, I said to myself: "Well... it is another form of fanart!"...

Then I spotted wikipedia and discovered OS-tans.

"Wow! It is more than fanart! It is a phenomenon!!!

But I still considered it just a curiosity.

In recent times as there were a concrete return of the Amiga on the market I returned to wikipedia in order to find a valuable fanart site in which to post my homemade AmigaOS-Tan, because the elder mascotte (Amy the Squirrel) was not so MANGA STYLE for my taste...

But I visited wikipedia only to discover from OS-Tan related articles that C-Chan had already made one! And she is a very pretty girl! ;010  ;hi

Sure, this second visit to wikipedia let me also find about OSTAN-Diamond, now OSTan-Collection, and another community of friends I decided to join with.

ALSO...

Well... There was still MorphOS-Tan waiting to be realized I said to myself, and infacts I just realized it...  ;003
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

C-Chan

*holds up plate*

Speaking of which,....  ^__^

*puppy eyes*

Please sir,... May I have some final drafts of MOS-chan?  @v@

*squeals with delight*

Thank you, by the way.  ^__^
Did you get to see the latest draft of Sandy Belle Amiga?  'v'

http://ostan-collections.net/post-28594.html#28594

Told you she would've made a better cut-out than my first one.  ^^

Hakumei Mitsukai

First encounter was searching for wallpaper on Google. Saved a couple but never thought much about it.

A year later I feel like making my desktop copy Vista since I'm cheap. I got the skin and icons, but a few icons still looked kind of boring, so I went on DeviantArt to search for some more. After running across a few images of Firefox-tan in my search, I decided to use Wikipedia to see how popular this trend was. More than I expected, that's for sure.

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Lovee

i found them mainly on wiki, and also i googled some details^ ^
and also i was not very good at english so i waited somebody to translate them into chinese-v-

Aurora Borealis

It was in July or August 2005 when I first saw the OS-tans, and it was when I was checking out a Pokémon fansite, checking out the fan art section when I stumbled upon a picture of ME-tan which also had a link to the wiki article and right away I knew it would be something I would really really like!

My liking for the OS-tans has been going on for almost two years and  is still going very strong!

Bella

You've known of OS-tans for quite awhile, Aurora!

Gussy Keniji

completely By accident, the good kind, I was stuck on ideas on what to draw so I roamed Wikipedia, and BOOM, I found'em

"Wut..."

chuk90

I found them through Wiki @_@

omnibladeexe

I believe I found them through Wikipedia, but I'm not 100% sure. I might have just come across them by accident while on the net.