Blizzards new announcement was.... StarCraft 2!

Started by Silentbob, May 19, 2007, 03:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Hmmm...I didn't really get that last thing butteeeeh......

We're definitely drifting WAYS off topic here.
Let's trot back to that, shall we?

As the completely StarCraft-oblivious being i am, tell me, what's the story of the thing anyway? What is the thing making it the "best RTS ever made" as some sources claim it is?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

I never felt it was any such thing, it was just like all the others in its time.  Games like it put me off of RTS for a time,

then came Dawn of War, where you didnt collect resorces, you got points for new stuff by capturing and holding more of the map, making the game agressive, and instead of producing individual troops, you produced squads which were far more weildy and could be customized with special weapons and sergeants to make them more effective to cirtain situations,  and you can also drop the map down to troop eye view to see the action take place (plus the battle actions are far more interesting, you actually see the troops fighting and killing each other)

and if all that wasnt enough, the 40k univers is farm more vast and interesting if you ask me, but they have had over a decade to write it. also, the come out with expansions on a regular basis adding new armies and deversity to the game.

then mark of chaos came out, and did something to RTS ive always wanted to see..... Not building anything at all.  You build an army before the match, and in the match, you dont spontaniously build barracks and such out of gas and minerals (gawd i hate that) instead you start off with your army and you actually have to think like a real commander about how to position your troops and how to have them fight,  suicide charges are no longer an option as you cant just re build your force if your poorly thought out attack dosent go well.

But who knows, like i said, they may suprize me with this one, the have had a long time to learn from their mistakes
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Laevatein

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"As the completely StarCraft-oblivious being i am, tell me, what's the story of the thing anyway? What is the thing making it the "best RTS ever made" as some sources claim it is?

Long story short... it may not have innovated much, but it did what is was supposed to do EXTREMELY well.

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Silentbob

I guess I love it because it was a good multiplayer game. In the earlier days when those kind of games were more scarce, it was the one we played the most.  And it's about Blizz showing that they care about something other than that blasted Warcraft series.  ;)   (No, I was never much for the WC series. I like RTS's with tech, not medieval fantasy settings)

NejinOniwa

Well, that part certainly is a good one. IMO Warcraft stuff is overrated, unfunny, fancypants dog food...

...but then again, most people in the world definitely won't agree with me on that part. -.-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

PieEater01

Well I'm definitely looking forward to this one, too bad they pulled the plug on Starcraft Ghost to make it happen, though.

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

templar737

finally we can all rest assured that wow is not the only thing on blizzards agenda now ... finally

been waiting for starcaft 2 or diablo 3 or warcraft 4 ... for well since warcraft 3