C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteAbout Puma-chan over there. I feel creating a background on that picture

Ooooh.  ^.^

In that case, I'll post a PNG of her tonight w/o a background and with full transparency.  That way, you can add anything you want without the pain-staking process of using some lasso tool.  ^____^

Thank goodness for Inkscape.  ^-^

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Well don't be surprised, that's pretty much a half-truth.

There was no "all these years" since you recall I only joined last June.  But yeah, that's pretty much all I drew for all this time.

Sure, I did do other things, like some half-assed manga translations, Flash work, failed collaborative projects, Inkscape tutorials, counseling, and LOTS AND LOTS of posting.  
But I'm also not surprised I'm tired,... I just wish I were tired AFTER I had finished all my main characters.  -___-
(wow, it HAS only been a year... feels so long ago...)
well, everyone goes through a phase like this of some sort... artist block, loss of desire to draw, etc.  But usually most people come back. (If not, that's okay too) They just need some time to focus their abilities to something else, and come back refreshed. speaking of which, next quote:

Quotedrawing other random things makes everything you do seem fresh and new. :3

Does programming random little applets count?  ^___^

Sure, anything to keep your mind active. ^^ I draw, I write poetry, I take pictures... each requires a... I dunno, different portion of my creative mind.

I can even apply this to anime. If I watched Lucky Star, School Rumble, and a whole thing of comedy anime straight, I'd get tired of it quickly. I mix it up with some drama, shoujo, and action. ^^

Have one, don't like it much anymore (though may like a Tablet Mac, if one ever comes out).  Sketching just reminds me how much of a bad artist I naturally am.  Don't forget that none of my pictures are actually "drawn", but rather just constructed by someone with a knack for vector graphics.

The only thing I can draw freehand with any level of decency are natural landscapes.
well.... sleepyD draws landscapes. o-o It's the first thing he learned to do with some level of decency. :3

Quote.....hey, I got an idea, how about we get a pchat? It's an applet where a bunch of people can draw on the same board. It's fun when people's drawings interact with others. ^^ It can be crazy display of art skills, but more often than not, it's a bunch of random fun doodles. ^^

Thank you for the offer, but don't forget how allergic I am to anything with the word "chat" in it.  ^^;
aw.... ^^;
butbut chat isn't the main focus.  everyone doodles like crazy! XD;

One of the original characters I plan to resurrect in my new programming project predates my OS-tan era (circa 2-3 years ago), so in a way I'm glad I'm finally doing justice to my old ideas.  The new characters, while based on "personifications", are not exactly "-tans" and will be designed solely around the purpose of education, thus ensuring that no one can corrupt my mission statement without sounding like an idiot.

In a way I'm tired of putting up with silly purists and cowards who'd prefer to keep us as sniveling fanbois rather than productive members of a community.  So if at all possible, I'd prefer to cut past all that crap and lunge straight for the jugular, in the hopes of developing a very useful open source tool that can be of some use to everyone.  (preferrably more than just us borderline otaku)
whee~ gogogo! Jeff approves! good luck! :3

C-Chan

Thank you SleepyD.  ^__^
I promise to say a little more on that later.

And Alfamille, you too.... have to get a raincheck on Puma-chan, now that MEPIS is demonstrating to me while it's trailing WAY behind PCLinuxOS at DistrosWatch.

(*tsk tsk*  Isn't even ready to run Inkscape 0.45....)  -____-

C-Chan

Oh shoot, almost forgot....  -v-'

This here is for Alfamille.... ^__^

http://ostan-collections.net/annex/Images/PumachanBeam_Transparent.png

...feel free to pick it up whenever you return.  ^.^
Which probably means....  -v-'

*starts planting cabbage*

Alfamille

Thanks!  ;010 I'll just update this thread whenever I finished creating a background fir it ^_^

C-Chan

Awesome blossom, dude!  ^.^

Speaking of which, even though I have one foot into retirement, this pig still has some drawing in him.  -v-

There are still a few pictures I want to get done before signing off, including  the one originally meant for my standalone desktop wallpaper contest submission.

That being said, I finally completed the full-body version of 1985 Amiga-tan....

Shading and touch-ups are pending.  She's wearing her "Commodore-Amiga" cadet's uniform -- although given the cheery optimistism of the young Amiga-chan, the resemblance to a standard seifuku is intentional. The left-handed salute is also intentional.

After she's done, her Commodore sister's well follow suit with more militarized uniforms.

Aurora Borealis

That is superb! ;019 Glad to see that you're still doing some OS-tan drawing!

And even as a young child, Amiga-tan was very tall for age! :D

C-Chan

QuoteAnd even as a young child, Amiga-tan was very tall for age!

Yes ma'am!  ^v^
She's not particularly young in this shot (she grew up very quickly), but I don't think I'll use her full adult height in this picture.  I'll aim for something conservative....

Say.....

175cm.  ^.^

BWAHAHA!!!  ^V^

*resumes love-struck stare*

Oh BTW, thanks.  ^__^
Here's hoping that I'll at least fulfill a promise to myself.  -v-

Tsubashi

Kawaii!!!
*Squeals in delight*

I can honestly say that this is poised to become one of the greatest drawings ever! ^o^

*Stares at Amiga-chan*

QuoteSay.....

175cm. ^.^

So... tall...
She what, almost three times as tall as me? Good thing I have wings or I'd never be able to see her face! ^.^
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

......i smell nanoha........
But since it blatantly sucks i don't care.

*swoon*

YAR!!! MOAR!!!
Go senpai!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kami-Tux

Great drawing, C-Chan! This penguin like her despite being proprietary!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

Oh, oh! Me /r/ wallie with amiga-tan and Nagato, saying that they are the only ones who can multitask properly.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

QuoteKawaii!!!
*Squeals in delight*

I can honestly say that this is poised to become one of the greatest drawings ever! ^o^

*Stares at Amiga-chan*

Thank you, Tsubashi-san.  ^__^
Unfortunately, it's also poised to be one of the SLOWEST drawings ever, so it's a painful reminder of how much my battery's run out.  If only I'd have been more focused, I could've gotten more family portraitures out sooner during the peak of my artistic revival.  -.-

QuoteSo... tall...
She what, almost three times as tall as me? Good thing I have wings or I'd never be able to see her face! ^.^

Fufufu... and that's her younger self.  Full grown she's 183, so use dem dar wings while you have 'em.  I'm envious, as I need to use a crane.  -v-

Speaking of tall, I'm gonna be watching "Lovely Complex" now, no questions asked.  So no one better try to stop me.  -v-

*sighs amorously*

Quote......i smell nanoha........

Probably cause of the orange hair + pigtails, plus Raffaele-san's desire to make Amiga-san an unawakened magical girl.  ^^

QuoteYAR!!! MOAR!!!
Go senpai!

QuoteOh, oh! Me /r/ wallie with amiga-tan and Nagato, saying that they are the only ones who can multitask properly.

Thank you Neji-san.  ^__^
You know now why I loved that multitasking picture you put up.  ^.^

QuoteGreat drawing, C-Chan! This penguin like her despite being proprietary!

Thank you too.  And I prefer the term "chained".  ^v^
Cause even real proprietary companies at least try to offer something half-way useful while they milk you for all the money on you.  Amiga Inc just seems to keep our poor Amiga brand imprisoned, sticking her out only to sue with or to torture her fanbase with.  

After 15 years of enough carrot-dangling to making Hurd-tan proud, isn't it about time we liberated Amiga-san from their evil clutches?  `v'

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"Awesome blossom, dude!  ^.^

Speaking of which, even though I have one foot into retirement, this pig still has some drawing in him.  -v-

There are still a few pictures I want to get done before signing off, including  the one originally meant for my standalone desktop wallpaper contest submission.

That being said, I finally completed the full-body version of 1985 Amiga-tan....
Shading and touch-ups are pending.  She's wearing her "Commodore-Amiga" cadet's uniform -- although given the cheery optimistism of the young Amiga-chan, the resemblance to a standard seifuku is intentional. The left-handed salute is also intentional.

After she's done, her Commodore sister's well follow suit with more militarized uniforms.

So there's the body!
GREAT work. Definitely your best drawing until now. I specially like how you drew her face, her arms and the skirt.

She sure is tall <_<

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"......i smell nanoha........

I can't smell that >_>

*avoids going into fanboy mode*

C-Chan

QuoteSo there's the body!
GREAT work. Definitely your best drawing until now. I specially like how you drew her face, her arms and the skirt.

She sure is tall <_<

Thank you, Darknight-san.  ^^
I know it took a while, but finally got you that body done.  ^.^
(well almost... still working at a snail's pace here)

Certainly a far cry from my first Miggy pic, eh?  ^__~

But you think 183cm is tall?!  
BAH!! I say!  ^0^
You set your standards far too low my friend.  For yours truly, tall is Ekaterina Gamova.  Everything else between her and 180cm is just "sweet", and below that "short".  -v-
So yeah, Miggy just barely makes the cut, but how I wish I could've been more ambitious (damn you societal pressures!).  ^.^

Speaking of ambitious, remind me to burn my copies of Code Geass to make room for Lovely Complex as THE BEST ANIME SERIES KNOWN TO MAN!!!!  ;^v^;

I've waited millenia for a series to take on this theme, and it does so p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y,...

I salute you, Aya Nakahara-sama!!  ;^V^;\

*swoons with joy*