FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

oh don't worry, I've been getting sleep, since finals are over with. ^o^

and thank you muchly! ^^ Nothing like a good comment to keep someone working. hehe :3
but yeah, it took forever to get that angle and shot right... even still I think there might be something wrong with it... ^^;
(but the last time I kept correcting and correcting, I ended up hating it and never finishing it, so I'm keeping myself from doing that hehe)

hm... is she missing a skirt? XD;; oh well, I'll leave it this way. Sexier.... I guess. hahaha.... *phasered*

C-Chan

I agree,... hubba hubba,. and stuff.... *lecherous grin*  ^w^

Or it could be in the laundry bin,... since IBM cut off funding in December, you'd be amazed how much she's had to cut corners with her budget, poor thing.  ^.^

If only she were open sourced,... IBM bastards.... -v-

Oh and BTW, sorry if I can't offer any criticisms about the angle.  As the old saying goes, "Love blinds".  @v@

*C-chan stare*  TvT

Bella

WOOHOO!!!!

OS/2, my favorite non-Windows-M$-and-IBM-screwed-over-OS!
Can't wait to see her finished ^_^

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"I agree,... hubba hubba,. and stuff.... *lecherous grin*  ^w^

Or it could be in the laundry bin,... since IBM cut off funding in December, you'd be amazed how much she's had to cut corners with her budget, poor thing.  ^.^

If only she were open sourced,... IBM bastards.... -v-

Oh and BTW, sorry if I can't offer any criticisms about the angle.  As the old saying goes, "Love blinds".  @v@

*C-chan stare*  TvT
*slapped by OS/2*
XD;

haha it's okay. I don't have the full pic up anyway. I don't expect many crits on this anyway. I'll think I'll take em when I'm done, and make the future stuff I do better. :3
Quote from: "Bella"WOOHOO!!!!

OS/2, my favorite non-Windows-M$-and-IBM-screwed-over-OS!
Can't wait to see her finished ^_^
Sankyuu, sankyuu. XD OS/2 pwnz. X3

Tsubashi

Ah, good old OS/2! Loved the OS, love the -tan!

Speaking of OS/2, you'd never guess what I found going through my old CD's!

Added after 28 minutes:

From what I remember, this specific version stayed exclusively within the company, it was a bit unstable. ^^'
Too bad the CD's broken, else I'd fix my old OS/2 Computer!
-Tsu

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"

Updated, and compleated, at least unless i decide to digitaly ink and color or tone it[/img]
Cute. This definitely needs to be digitally colored  ;010

Quote from: "SleepyD"ARGH! why!!?

I doubt I'm going to finish the wall anytime soon. but I will post it when I'm done.

In the meantime, here's a work in progress screencap:

Nice. Looks like someone got attached to a certain C-Chan character :D
Could get some critic to make it even better, but by now this is probably finished, so It'd be pointless.
Still, very nice. And with the extension of the Wallpaper contest deadline, I think there's a good chance for this to be finished ;)

C-Chan

Yatta!!!  Go SleepyD!!!  ^V^

Here's hoping that you can finish this beauty (who's perfect in every single way imaginable, so I can't even FATHOM how divinely gorgeous the final will be) before the new extended deadline.  ^__^

Oh, and if I can help in any way please let me know -- I've still got some Photoshop skillz intact, plus a copy of VMWare-server-running-barebones-XP-w/PS-on-Linux to put them to practice.  ^.^

BTW, Darknight,... in light of the wallpaper not showing up yet, can you give us some idea of how it looks?  'v'

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
BTW, Darknight,... in light of the wallpaper not showing up yet, can you give us some idea of how it looks?  'v'
Oh well...
And this is the fastest way to lose 50k C-Chan points :D : A 95-tan Wallpaper!

And that's pretty much my wallpaper. Just a gradient as a background because I like simple wallpapers (Darknight's excuse for his lack of imagination and ability with Photoshop filters).

New techniques used:
-Colored linework
-gradient Spam

CaptBrenden

EPIC WIN!

C-points are worthless anyways, invest in potatos
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Hoe!  That is a very gorgeous pic, and really displays the phenomenal level of skillz that you showed me when making the OS/2-tan pic!  ^__^

(Speaking of which, that offering came with a very HUGE pool of C-chan points, so it's gonna be decades before you start hitting the negative range.)  ^v^'

I know you've done an excellent job with faces before, but this one is spot-on and pleasant.  Hair is well-stranded and flowing, and the clothing (and folds thereof) comes as sharp and well-defined, yet with appropriately gentle shading.  (It almost looks, btw, like she's trying to artificially prop up her chest to be more XP-like... ^^;)

The colored linework does take some getting used to, but it does help soften the palette and make the overall picture quite pleasing to look at.  

This could easily be at home alongside AIR or Kanon (or name your favorite high-quality anime), and would find it inexcusable if this attracted even the least bit of heat from those darn imageboards.  `v'

(although you probably won't have much trouble at +にじうã,‰ï¼‹)

Added after 3 minutes:

BTW, what the HECK happened to your personal gallery?!!!  @___@

Your old battle suit 95-tan and the great OS/2-sama sketches aren't anywhere to be seen....!  ;___;

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"EPIC WIN!

C-points are worthless anyways, invest in potatos
Quote from: "C-Chan"Hoe!  That is a very gorgeous pic, and really displays the phenomenal level of skillz that you showed me when making the OS/2-tan pic!  ^__^

(Speaking of which, that offering came with a very HUGE pool of C-chan points, so it's gonna be decades before you start hitting the negative range.)  ^v^'

I know you've done an excellent job with faces before, but this one is spot-on and pleasant.  Hair is well-stranded and flowing, and the clothing (and folds thereof) comes as sharp and well-defined, yet with appropriately gentle shading.  The colored linework does take some getting used to, but it does help soften the palette and make the overall picture quite pleasing to look at.  

This could easily be at home alongside AIR or Kanon (or name your favorite high-quality anime), and would find it inexcusable if this attracted even the least bit of heat from those darn imageboards.  `v'

(although you probably won't have much trouble at +にじうã,‰ï¼‹)

lol, potatoes

Thanks for the comments ^_^

And talking about linework, an alternate edition with black linework (messed around with levels):

Seems the colored linework looks better with my exaggeratedly fat strokes xD.  I guess I'll try to improve this style until I can get a tablet...which seems very unlikely ;_;

Quote+にじうã,‰ï¼‹
I can't even read what they talk about xD

NejinOniwa

o_o IT EES 95-SAMA!!!!!!

*swoons*

Serious GJ! Not only is it a completely gorgeous piccy, but also it comes in a time of extreme 95-piccy famine! Ganbatte!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kami-Tux

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Thurosis

AMAzing!!! XD Swoonnn....

i didn't read everything so with which programm did you use? Photoshop or was it inkscape??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
BTW, what the HECK happened to your personal gallery?!!!  @___@

Your old battle suit 95-tan and the great OS/2-sama sketches aren't anywhere to be seen....!  ;___;

Well...2:00 am and I was sleep deprived, so only one pic uploaded. And wasn't exactly sure about uploading twice. Anyway, OS/2 added to my personal gallery. Battle suit...don't really like it by now >_<. Same happened when I was doing my Deviant Art gallery =/

Quote from: "Thurosis"AMAzing!!! XD Swoonnn....

i didn't read everything so with which programm did you use? Photoshop or was it inkscape??

Well, I didn't mentioned it anyway :P
Photoshop 7.0
Can't get used to Inkscape or Flash MX. Also, Inkscape uses HUGE quantities of RAM >_<

Now, time for another half-year hiatus in my drawing schedule :D