Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

There should be a link (to the same site as in his profile) showing in rpb3000-san's signature, but for some reason the url tag has swallowed the text into somewhere. I reported it as a bug to Linux-Tan, but I don't know what it really is. ^^;

Bou

i really dunno anything bout OStan...but i joined cuz i think they're cute. Alfamille showed me a flash about OStan and i really REALLY liked it...he showed me this OStan forum and i hope i can get to know more about OStan.  ;012

Q4(V)

kool ... good work Alfamille, ur get more member to join, soon the world will be mine. MUUHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAA!!!!!!! *CoUgH**cOuGh*

Pitkin

QuoteQuote from : Bou

i really dunno anything bout OStan...but i joined cuz i think they're cute. Alfamille showed me a flash about OStan and i really REALLY liked it...he showed me this OStan forum and i hope i can get to know more about OStan.  ;012

Feel free to ask around if you've any questions. Not like there were absolute truths about (almost) anything concerning the OS-tan phenomenom, but some people around here can have quite nice opinions at least. :D

Bou

rpb3000

Yeah, I tried putting in the code again and even triple-checked it to make sure it's correct BBCode, but the link still isn't showing up.  *shrug*

So does Futaba-channel declare what is and isn't "canon" for the OS-tans?  I heard through Wikipedia that another company tried to copywrite them or something and Futaba was upset about it...

What about the Moezilla chars and the Console-tans?  Where do those come from?
rpb3000
Yar!
Join SPORC!

Darknight_88

-_-
Im always the last one to say "welcome" to the new members -_-'
Welcome rpb3000!!!! Welcome Bou!!!!
errr, Bou.... so...that signature... a man?, HE?. Tricky image...O.O

Well, answering rpb3000 question:
well, As far as I know, the Futaba members got angry with Dejavú & Netrrunner because they tried to sell something that was completely free, and they didn't even asked for the conscent of the original creator of ME-tan. The creation of an alternate desing of NT-tan also contributed to the hate that the Futaba users have against Netrunner & Dejavú.
The Moezilla chars...Im not sure who created them, but IMHO, anyone can create an OS-tan. Probably the Moezilla chars originated in Futaba (or any other japanese imageboard), as that's probably the best way to spread them.  However, Im not sure If an OS-tan created outside Japan would have the same impact...

Bou

well yes..not only my sig, my ava also a man...isn't that wonderful? the beautiful world of bishounen  ;012

Alfamille

Welcome new members  ;010

rdhdtwns

Welcome welcome welcome to the new members!

rpb3000, since you're staff for Punch, that must mean you know my friend Mike, heh. Yes? XD

And if you went to Sugoicon last year, then you might know me ._.

I didn't get to go to Punch though. Was very broke and feeling under the weather.
So cute it\'s deadly!

rpb3000

Mike as in con-chair Mike?  Yeah, I have to ask, 'cuz we have three Mikes on staff :-P

Never been to Sugoi tho.

I was AMV Coordinator and Video Game Director at this year's punch, as well as doing a million other odds n ends.  I'm also currently Acting Chair of Fieldcon, whatever that means :-P
rpb3000
Yar!
Join SPORC!

CaptBrenden

Quote from: "Darknight_88"-_-
Im always the last one to say "welcome" to the new members -_-'
Welcome rpb3000!!!! Welcome Bou!!!!
errr, Bou.... so...that signature... a man?, HE?. Tricky image...O.O

Well, answering rpb3000 question:
well, As far as I know, the Futaba members got angry with Dejavú & Netrrunner because they tried to sell something that was completely free, and they didn't even asked for the conscent of the original creator of ME-tan. The creation of an alternate desing of NT-tan also contributed to the hate that the Futaba users have against Netrunner & Dejavú.
The Moezilla chars...Im not sure who created them, but IMHO, anyone can create an OS-tan. Probably the Moezilla chars originated in Futaba (or any other japanese imageboard), as that's probably the best way to spread them.  However, Im not sure If an OS-tan created outside Japan would have the same impact...

Sounds about right, at least that is what Ive heard.  Ive often thought about that tho... I cirtanly hope our manga is something they can enjoy instead of hate... altho we have no intention of redesigning characters or selling/copyrighting anything.  We are just trying to cantribute to the fandom we enjoy.  *crosses fingers*  Maybe when I get better at my japanese I can send a request for permission....
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

rdhdtwns

Quote from: "rpb3000"Mike as in con-chair Mike?  Yeah, I have to ask, 'cuz we have three Mikes on staff :-P

Never been to Sugoi tho.

I was AMV Coordinator and Video Game Director at this year's punch, as well as doing a million other odds n ends.  I'm also currently Acting Chair of Fieldcon, whatever that means :-P

Yes, con-chair Mike, that'd be the Mike I know, hehe. Just mention "Codi".. he'll know >.>

Sugoicon is fun! You should go this year! Might bring OS-tan cosplay! XD

Where's Fieldcon?
So cute it\'s deadly!

rpb3000

Don't know where Fieldcon will be yet; if I don't know by the end of next week I'll beat myself with a shovel or something.  We're looking for some remote campground somewhere in Ohio that does group reservations, has lenient regulations, and is available for the last weekend in July.
rpb3000
Yar!
Join SPORC!

Dewroo

Hello. I am, Mountain Dewroo. I have some skill in Forumming. And, I also love all OSes. I'm not bias! Vista Vs. Mac? no. Mac LOVES vista. And Vista LOVES mac. yes. indeed. They're Lesbians. (vista-kun and mac-kun are gay)