Looking for a Japanese --> English translator

Started by Nidas, January 23, 2007, 06:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nidas

Me and one of my associates are starting a manga scanlation team. He'll be editor and I'll be QC and we should be getting a translator relatively soon, but frankly I don't like being reliant on just one translator, especially when translators are so hard to find (don't want them disappearing on us and leaving us with no translator Ã,¬_Ã,¬). So if anyone here is interested in joining the team feel free to let me know ;P You would only need to provide a script for the editor to edit in. Any help will be greatly appreciated :D Heres a list of the manga we're thinking of doing:

Battle Angel Alita
Chaosic Rune
Claymore
Evangelion Iron Maiden 2nd
Golden Boy
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
King of Thorns
Rosario+Vampire
Rozen Maiden
School of Water Business
Summon Night
Tenjou Tenge
The Law of Ueki
Vinland Saga
Wahhaman

At the moment, its looking likely that we'll either be doing Rozen Maiden or Law of Ueki first.

Any questions feel free to ask :D

CaptBrenden

do rozen aiden first, and send them too meeeeee O_O

sorry i no speaking the japanese.. sorry
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Nidas

Bit of an update. We have a temporary translator for Evangelion: Iron Maiden, so we'll be starting that one before our intended, and hopefully semi-permanent, translator is free. When we've done that we'll be moving onto Rozen Maiden :p

If there is anyone who can translate hiding out there, don't be shy ;P

Megaman Z

the only japanese->english translating I do is whatever I can yank off a page and put through the amakai engine or whatever I (try to) translate into japanese in the first place.

...needless to say, I'm also in a position where I could use a TLer.

CaptBrenden

Dosent do much good unfortunatly -_- those translation programs are nice but they dont put it into proper context.. it would be just like every other really bad sub out there
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

basuracode

The best translator it s a person with studies, software is so bad.

Nidas

wow someone bumped this? I'd forgotten about it XD ah well I guess its time for an update anyway.

We never did get a Jap translator so we've been working from Korean and Portuguese raws. So no Rozen Maiden yet unfortunately =/ You can find our current projects here.

If anyone can translate Japanese, we're still looking :D

Acher13

im using http://babelfish.altavista.com/ as my net translator.
but it aint do much..
i agree with the captain and basuracode that software aint do much

NejinOniwa

Babelfish? Actually use that kinda thing? Come on man....
Least you can do is to dl some translation exts (i assume you're using firefox - if not, start doing so immediately) like FoxLingo, through that you can easily access numerous quite-so-good translators through toolbar.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Acher13

im using firefox but have no idea bout any other translation  exts..
DO teach me.. arigato.

NejinOniwa

Well, as i said, FoxLingo. I'm using it, and it works fine. And it can do way more than just japanese translation, too ^^

NejinOniwa

Gummster

Kyo-Chan

I speak and read Fluent Japanese and Fluent English and I love anime and I can do voices (Once my cold clears up).
Piinatsubataa pururun nanji! wai oh wai oh Piinatsubataa pururun nanji!