H-NA Productions' RP - ERROR:403 (Ingame)

Started by NejinOniwa, April 26, 2007, 03:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

To the sound of a slightly off-tuned violin, the floor suddenly started to shake. Murmurs went through the crowd, and the barkeep muttered things in worried tones. But that little thing did not catch the attention of the crowd for long - and soon they were either back to watching the game or trying to get the cagefight going again. But just as the shaking stopped, there was a loud CLANG of metal against metal.
The entire bar went silent, completely still, with the exception of a few creaking chairs, and the silent, sweeping sound of Gummster's violin - and then there was another loud bang, followed by a sound that most probably associated with a gigantic door creaking open. Then another bang.

Long afterwards, the old traditional Snow-a-lotian folk song that Gummster played would be called the sonata of death by the humans. Its name would be whispered among the higher in society, and it would be played on burials and mournings. But not once would they come close to the impression of closing fates that Gummster's tones carried with them.

Five more seconds of violin. Then, without any further warning, the hall exploded.

At least, that was what it seemed to be.

Probably the different combatants were the absolutely most lucky among the visitors of the bar that night. Since they were inside an impenetrable laser cage, while the others were ruthlessly thrown out into the vacuum of space.
But unlike the others, they were literally shot out of the explosion, plummeting through space at speeds clearly exceeding regulation limits of non-hyperspace traveling.
And while they all certainly were lucky not to have their brains turned into mushrooms from all that G-force, only REN and Exa were protected in any way (Exa by his excessively powerful lightning field protection spell and REN by decimeter-thick layers of NC alloy armor) and thus were the only ones able to keep remote levels of consciousness within the spiral of madness.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

Gummster woke up with a noise. When he looked around him he felt a slight feeling of deja vu, he decided to keep it to himself. It was mildly warm.

"Hvur helv..." he mumbled to himself when waking up. The first thing he saw was Exa mumbling something he didn't understand, must be some sort of magic he thought.

"Now what is this!? one moment I'm playing the violin and the other I'm in some desolate planet, can anyone tell me what happened?" Said Gummster. "Oh crap the violin!" Gummster was very relived to see it in his hands. "It's incorrectly tuned, again, well that can't be helped.

"Well I seem to have time, I could at least tune it correctly this time."
But before Gummster starts tuning he realises that the robot was there too. "Well it looks like we're gonna stay here for a while, might as well ask for it's name, if it has one..." Gummster thinks, then he starts tuning his violin.

After he's done with that he looks at Ji and wonders about his name as well. "Hmm... I also havn't heard his name, well he looks to be still unconcius, so I'll talk to the robot first."

Gummster then walks up to Ren and asks for the name.

Kami-Tux

The penguin opens one eye, then the other and squawks confusedly. "What? where? who? wtf?"

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

---INPUT CONSOLE COMMAND---
[syn]
:::
53213.82399.25.TPS---00100.00204.13.XXX
The laser cage had been nearly drained of all energy on its way through the atmosphere, and a final crash against a bed of rocks had given the fatal blow to its energy source. Luckily the discharge was not big since most energy had been drained already out of the battery - which REN assumed was of the TRETHI-X DEUT_HEFUSE XX3608-b series - at normal charge rates, forced meltdowns of such fusion power sources were powerful enough to shatter smaller planets in pieces. And thanks to the Phaseshift armor system being active, REN was able to block out all damage to the others when shielding the others from the discharge. A scan of the mage's neural system revealed that he had fainted somewhere in the process.
The planet they had crashed on was quite small, but yet was able to sustain a light atmosphere. REN's sensors showed an approximate air pressure of 0.56 AU, and an oxygen concentration level equivalent to that 5000 meters above sea level on Earth. Visual rendered little more than bare rock at their current position, but the EISS scan detected several organic carbon structures within its standard 13 kilometer area of effect.
:::
[/syn]
CONSOLE COMMAND MODE DEACTIVATED: INITIATING RECOVERY MODE...

---...---
<~~~>
---''''---

Hal...oh...---...ro...ten...

Main visual was offline, and except for a small blinking stream of text - SOUND ONLY - the console was empty of all non-ordinary data. The damage to the exoskeletal layer was very heavy - almost everything but the main sensor array had sustained damage in the destruction of the laser cage's fusion battery, and the heavy reallocation of the recovery mode almost took up all available processing power. The audio was disturbed as well but REN was able to recognize the audio pattern of the violinist and make out the words "Namn" and "Va", easily recognized by the database as an inquiry for a presentation.
REN tried to activate the main speakers, but all that happened was a small crackle, a slight transmission unable to make any sense out of, and finally, CC deactivation. All resources were immediately reallocated to recovery mode and REN went into a state that showed strong likeness to sleep.

Gummster

After asking for Rens name Gummster only heard some crackle. Unable to understand what that meant he asked again, getting no reply he knocked a little on Rens head, nothing happened.
"Hmm.... is there something wrong? Hey! come on wake up, we're probably gonna need your database or something useful in you!"

Gummster who was not very technical by nature had now realised that something was wrong with Ren. At that point Ji waked up and squawked something Gummster didn't hear.
"That's right if I remember correctly he was pretty knowledgeable about hi-tech stuff!"
Gummster then calls Ji too him to give a hand.

Kami-Tux

The penguin slowly gets up. Can't the world stop spinning so much? he waddles to the robot, or rather attempts to. Stop the world! I wanna get off! The penguin first checked whether its installation-CDs are still present. They were, even though he guessed many would not work anymore. the penguin squawked angrily, it felt naked without its full set of installation-CDs. He looked at Gummster a bit confused

"I think we never introduced ourselves... I am Kaijugurati Ndena, everyone who doesn't know tepalguevan just calls me Ji."

He starts examining the robot as far as he can do so without technical equipment. It seemed that it needs a long period in a repair shop in Qana. "Does the word FUBAR mean anything to you? It applies to this robot rather well... We should figure out where exactly we are. And where we can get a big dish of fish with blubber sauce"

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Gummster

"Yeah, Hi I'm Gummster, just Gummster although my friends tend to call me Gummi, that's very annoying." Says Gummster
FUBAR? What is that? Bah, probably some techno word. But hey I'll go look around while you take care of this one.

Gummster then took his violin and started walking around, Exa was still chanting something.

Kami-Tux

The penguin saw the confusion. "FUBAR means *squawk* up beyond all repairs! Did that confuse you?"

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Gummster

"Well, perhaps... yeah perhaps it did. I'm off." Said Gummster waving his hand. Then takes off to explore this mysterious but yet strangely familiar planet.

"I know I've been here before, where is this damn it where!" The familiar thought of this world was killing him. Then he sees a huge building.
"How could I have missed that, it's huge." Says Gummster to himself in a slightly irritated tone.

Then Gummster starts getting a massive flash back of the building that was in front of him. He becomes shocked.
"It couldn't be, not here, it's impoosible!" He thinks feeling very worried that his mysterious past might be coming to hunt him.
"I'll just go back tell them that I didn't find see anything, it's for the better."

Gummster the returns to his three travelling partners. Exa that was still chanting something, Ji that was looking confused over how to fix Ren, and Ren who was still fried.
"It's going to be a long way home." Thinks Gummster as he looks at the three of them followed with a sigh.

Kami-Tux

A penguin can not really walk fast and so Ji preferred to look at the robot anew in hope still being able to fix the robot. Too bad he never installed Linux on these series of robots, not that he'd planned to do it now, some of the memory might be in a proprietary format and had to be converted first. He however knows that having installed free software on a robot normally means one now knows the hardware well.

When the violinist returned, and stated it would be a long waddle home, the penguin was desperated and asked: "What did you find? were are we here?"

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Gummster

Although Gummster was fairly hesitant to answer the questions given to him he finally said
"I found nothing, I have no idea why we're here, and no idea where here is. Much less I found any food, I'll have to go out again to look for that, right now I just don't feel like it."
He then lays down and starts doing some pizzicato songs on his violin.

A few minutes pass, then Gummster finally asks
"How's it going with fixing the robot?

Kami-Tux

"Some auto-regeneration is working, but I have no clue whether it is functioning to plan or erratically.  A huge toolbox, a 4 week supply of fish and caffeine an installation CD and an internet access should be what I need to fix it. I have the installation CD. Have you found water? On spaceships, there is normally no swimming pool and in that bar, there was neither." Suddnly the penguin squawked, sonmething bad dawned on him. "Do you have somethin made of iron?"

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Exa

Offtopic: Sorry for missing the past few days, I was away.

After K.O.-ing the thug leader, Exa started a meditation. The Lighting Field took a lot of energy from him, so he had to regain his mana.
The chant just began, when Gummster started to play on his violin.

Hm... something is strange about this music - I feel magical energy in the air! - thought the Stormy Mage. But after a while, the hall started to tremble, and explosions shake the area.

It's getting serious! The good thing is I put my field earlier. But the energy which comes from this music - it could be a spell sign... what kind of name should it have... like Destruction Sign: Sonata of Death, maybe? - that was the time when the biggest explonsion went against the field. Thanks to the strong magic, it didn't break down completely, but some of the debris hurt the mage slightly - but fortunately, it wasn't too serious.

Exa was still thinking when he realized that the robot which caused the laser field shut down, and the penguin started to repair it.
Well, it looks interesting - said the Stormy Mage and went to Ji...

Kami-Tux

The penguin continued examining the robot, and actually found that some things were possible to fix for him, unfortunately none of these fixes involved a long application of an installation CD of his choice. Suddenly he saw something approaching, he turned around, someone rather. The magician seemed to be reactivated again. He greeted him "*squawk*! I am Kaijugurati Ndena, called Ji for some odd reason. Who are you?"

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

::_____________________::
//UNIVERSAL NC CONSOLE\\

::INITIATING BOOT SEQUENCE::

...--- ACCESSING...
...--- INPUT NV DATA___
::System ID: N-013 RECONCILIATION
::Product verification: NONE
::Classification: Internal control system, prototype version 13
::Host ID: UNKNOWN
...--- NV DATA INPUT VERIFIED, PROCEEDING WITH BOOT SEQUENCE...

Slowly the console came to life, and REN felt the base systems connect to each other, the source power pouring out in all the sublevels of the metallic structure. After spending what seemed a very long time completely unaware of anything but the own body, the EISS and audio receptors activated. Main visual was too heavy to process for the moment and sonar was unnecessary for the moment, but the two were enough for the moment. Movement was all but impossible, though, and REN had no intention of causing another forced CC deactivation. Too much hassle. Silently REN spread out the scanning net of the EISS, looking for elements of organic life and civilization.
The first things detected were the unconscious - but miraculously unharmed - thuggish combatants from the cage battle, who were lying a kilometer or so away from their current position. Also REN was able to locate the stage magician Joni even further away, but the other way. According to the magnetic field of this stellar constellation, REN analyzed, the thugs are southwest, while Joni is in a northwest-west variable position. Target does not seem to be moving, though - it is more like the magnet field itself is...revolving...somehow, around itself. Strange...
REN focused on the results coming in from the EISS, while not paying much attention to the incoming audio - the multitasking system was unfortunately extremely energy-craving, and all spare power was going to regen mode still.