Random PC Questions

Started by Laevatein, February 19, 2007, 08:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

I knew it! Agh, she got me real good there!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Okay. That's just freaky.

NejinOniwa

C-Chan

Finding OS/2-sama freaky is forbidden.  -v-

But I don't blame ya if you keep seeing that preconcept chibi.  Here, have a Darknight version:  ^__^

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10274/OS2_Final_version.jpg

Speaking of which, his folder is missing.  '__'

Added after 1 hours:

BTW, a heartwrentching article on OS/2-sama....  ;____;

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38666

Makes you want to go out and declare your own vendetta.  ;v;

Bella

QuoteFinding OS/2-sama freaky is forbidden. -v-

Sorry--what I meant to say was, the fact that NejinOniwa's Windows thinks it's an OS/2 is freaky...I love OS/2-sama! I appreciate her hate of M$ ;010

That article is very sad...I'm facing a problem of love the OS (Windows) hate the company (M$) here...

Back onto topic, if I do install StyleXP or Uxtheme multi-patcher, and I don't like it/something happens, will doing a system restore (to an earlier time, not factory settings) get rid of any harm? Or does 'system instability' mean my comp might not boot up, etc...In short, if something happens, can I reverse it?

NejinOniwa

StyleXP has a built-in function that can restore stuff that are dangerous (or relatively so at least) to play with to original settings. This hasn't worked for my bootscreen, though, but I've never faced any problems at all with it anyway, so there's little to worry about. Besides, i don't even think it was stylexp that messed up my bootscreen, when i give it some thought, since it doesn't overwrite the base file, and I can't change my bootscreen to anything else now...but anyway, SXP isn't a dangerous toy,
s'what i'm saying. It can at worst make your UI very ugly, and then you can quite easily fix it back again.

Bella

QuoteStyleXP has a built-in function that can restore stuff that are dangerous (or relatively so at least) to play with to original settings. This hasn't worked for my bootscreen, though, but I've never faced any problems at all with it anyway, so there's little to worry about. Besides, i don't even think it was stylexp that messed up my bootscreen, when i give it some thought, since it doesn't overwrite the base file, and I can't change my bootscreen to anything else now...but anyway, SXP isn't a dangerous toy,
s'what i'm saying. It can at worst make your UI very ugly, and then you can quite easily fix it back again.

Hmmm...maybe I will give it a try. And another thing (yeah, I'm quite nitpicky), I've heard somewhere that with Uxtheme multi-patcher, you can't use the original XP themes, or it deletes them or someting...is the same true of SXP?

NejinOniwa

Nein. SXP allows you to add additional folders for looking for visual styles and such, but you can still browse through the system ones as well. Handily enough you can also disable them by un-checking the "Show System Files" box (or something). It's a handy tool!

Bella

BTW, What sort of file was that download you linked to? I downloaded it but Windows can't figure out how to use it.

NejinOniwa

Ano...you DO have WinRAR or some other package handling application installed, don't you? Otherwise, go get yourself one of those (hint hint download.com hint hint). If not, something's probably a bit wrong here...

Gummster

Bella

Yo.

How do I backup Firefox favorites? Well, I should say, how do I find the Firefox favorites file so I can back them up? Because when I look at the documents file "Favorites" all of them are IE files, and ones I added before I switched.

Nidas

Quote from: "Bella"Yo.

How do I backup Firefox favorites? Well, I should say, how do I find the Firefox favorites file so I can back them up? Because when I look at the documents file "Favorites" all of them are IE files, and ones I added before I switched.

Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks

then when the window pops up:

File > Export

Hope that helps

NejinOniwa

Hey, FF is so handy it even does it FOR you. Just go thisways:
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\25lp5dev.default\bookmarkbackups
and you'll find backups for all your bookmarks from the most recent 5 days. Then its justa copypasta, man!

Added after 1 minutes:

at least, mine is, and i donrecall any weird exts ive installed for thatapurpose...so it propablya cumin witya FF2, or defaulty on allssu.

Added after 2 minutes:

Oh, and there also is one html file right in the 25lpdev.default folder called Bookmarks.html, if that helpssu.

Gummster