STARCRAFT II in the WORKS!!!!

Started by Laevatein, April 26, 2007, 11:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laevatein

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_StarCraft-2-Is-In-The-Works,-Details-Coming-Up_2542.html

We won't know for certain until they do announce it on May 19... but damn, this is the best news I've heard in a while!  ;010  ;010  ;010  ;010  ;010

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Thurosis

OH Wow !

Hope it comes true! StarCraft2 XD XD I waited so long almost 9 years! XD XD

I hope it is true too! the part with new race! now i'm thinking what could it be?

A total war-machines like Necrons (DoW:Dark Crusade) or something else?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

CaptBrenden

hummm T_T starcraft will have to work hard to de throne DOW.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Thurosis

True ! This will be hard for them to make a better game than DOW

But i'm more interested in the Campaign/ Story, how it continues
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

CaptBrenden

Speaking of DOW I cant wait till they put the nids in, then it can truly compeat with starcraft

Thurosis

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Speaking of DOW I cant wait till they put the nids in, then it can truly compeat with starcraft

The Tyranids and Dark Eldars (and Witchhunters) must be added next, right?

do you know when will this happen? (i didn't search until now XD)

I hope the Addon come out this summer or autumn ...

Kimo

A new race?? Nothing will be better then Zergs! ;012

Silentbob

I hope they don't (zerg) rush (kekeke) the sequel.  ;)    I want it to duplicate the excellence of the first.

Thurosis

I Like video scene! ^^  
I hope there will be a lot of Video scene (esspecially with battles) in the campaign ^^

Thurosis

Hey everyone did anyone notice this already?

check it up !

http://eu.starcraft2.com/

esspecially those videos ! It's AMZAZING!!!

After i watched those trailers , i got the feeling that they have the chance to beat Dawn of War (the current one)!

(But i don't feel happy because they stole something from Warhammer 40k. again -.-")

But it won't change my opinion to StarCraft 2 because i 'm a StarCraft fan

CaptBrenden

are you kidding me?  Have you watched the gameplay footage?  its the same old crap, newer graphics.  It looks and plays pretty much just like the old starcraft.  so far, it fails at life.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"are you kidding me?  Have you watched the gameplay footage?  its the same old crap, newer graphics.  It looks and plays pretty much just like the old starcraft.  so far, it fails at life.
Are you kidding me?
That's exactly why it WINS: it retains all the things that made Starcraft one of the best RTS ever (If no the GREATEST), and yet introduces new units that will surely change all the tactics used so far in Starcraft.
What made the original game so great it's the fact that it's simple and yet leaves room for complex strategies.
There's not much room for change. If it isn't broken, then don't change it.

But then, It's all subjective

To avoid posting in the other thread:
QuoteI hope to GOD that they fixed the old issues of spending ungodly amounts of time collecting resorces, and the whole producing one bloody marine at a time and having each marine function by itself, and just trying to send a squad worth of them anywhere becomes unweildy and so unuseful most people stop using them.

Well...bring a force of mostly marines, a few meds an a couple of tanks for long range support, and you can defeat a player using the top units in the tech tree. But yeah, most people usually stop using them in the later stages of the game -__-

Also, the gameplay footage it's AWESOME.

CaptBrenden

Oy, rabid fans, cant argue with them -_-

Starcraft was good back in the day, but it is as out dated as doom is.  I will still stand by how doom was one of the greatest FPS ever created, hell its the one that made them popular (much as starcraft did for RTS) However, even as a rabid fan of Doom, if someone polished up the original game with nothing new or interesting (exept a few new monsters or guns) then I would have said it failed as well.  

If you want a trip down memory lane, just plug in your old starcraft CDS.  A new game, especaly one with this much damn hype, should have inovations and improvements on the game play, not simply new bells and whistles.    

adding new units and a new army is a freaking expansion pack, its not a new game.

Thurosis

oh man ... -.- don't be so negative Capt.Brenden (i don't mean it bad/worse or something like that!!!)

it is just a demo (trailer) that they show us...
so many changes can made until the release date... (i hope sp at least)

as i said before i'm more interested in the story campaign ^^"
and i also agree to Darknight_88 because why should they make a completly new one when the the orginal one was superb?

But as i said before again the only thing what i don't like is that they stole the storm marines from Warhammer40k. !!!

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"

Starcraft was good back in the day, but it is as out dated as doom is.  I will still stand by how doom was one of the greatest FPS ever created, hell its the one that made them popular (much as starcraft did for RTS) However, even as a rabid fan of Doom, if someone polished up the original game with nothing new or interesting (exept a few new monsters or guns) then I would have said it failed as well.    
Well, who knows what they'll add in the time that's left until release. Maybe they'll probably add new features. But they can't make a lot of RADICAL changes, like removing mining and concentrating in just battles. Just imagine: Someone is developing a Warhammer: Mark of Chaos expansion and suddenly thinks "hey guyz! why don't we try something new? like mixing this game with features of...SimCity!" You would not like, right? even when they'd be doing something new (mixing a war game with a City-building game).

Any way, propose things that you'd like to see changed and then we would know what exactly you're talking about.

But still, It's just subjective
Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
If you want a trip down memory lane, just plug in your old starcraft CDS.    
Many people still do that.