Main Menu

Rappelz

Started by NejinOniwa, April 21, 2007, 06:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

So, does anyone play this game? I just recently logged on again to look up my old acc and stuff, and ziggy flame this game really hooks yessu! The only downside I've found so far is that the game client is ZIGGY FLAME huge (~2g's) and since they don't have any mirror of their own you'll have to download from Cnet or something like that, which takes forever...

Anyways, check out the homepage for moar. It's REALLY worth it...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

It's free. You don't see alot of those anymore. It looks awesome, too bad I'm running Linux.

CaptBrenden

games like this one PROVE they could provide the game play free after you buy it, they just want to gouge customers for more money

I bloody hate WOW T_T

That.. and theres that whole people neglecting their lives so much for it that their spouses leave them, friends stop talking to them, and they get fired from their jobs..
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"games like this one PROVE they could provide the game play free after you buy it, they just want to gouge customers for more money

I bloody hate WOW T_T

That.. and theres that whole people neglecting their lives so much for it that their spouses leave them, friends stop talking to them, and they get fired from their jobs..

Yeah, there's already a game that does just that, Guild Wars.  My roommate has it and never knows when to stop playing, what's worse, he's now got a demo of the LOTR MMORPG beta... *rolls eyes*.  Anyway, like I was saying, Guild Wars is a commercial MMORPG that requires no subscription fee.  There are also quite of few free ones out there, but rarely do they look as nice as this RAPPELZ game, good find Nejin!  If only someone were to make decent MMORPGs for Linux, I've seen one MMORPG that works on Linux but it didn't look all that great and the free version was pretty limited.  Even a 2D MMORPG would be preferable to an ugly 3D one (oh no, jaggies).

The Choice of a New Generation.

CaptBrenden

QuoteMy roommate has it and never knows when to stop playing

they never do.....

Tho even I may be hurting if they come out with that Warhammer 40k one that they have been talking about.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Darou-ne! Imo, paying is addictive. Best off avoiding it completely ;)

Gummster

That's right, paying is addictive. That's the main reason I quit Eve, I was losing a fortune just to play an mmo. They should make more of 'em free games.

Silentbob

Most of my friends play either Warcrack or (for)EverQuest 2.   Some of them can control themselves, but others are constantly seated in front of their computer playing those blasted games.  At least we used to go to LAN parties and things before, now there hasn't been one in ages.  

I did play Guild Wars for a coupla months earlier this year, but I haven't played it for some time now.  Guess I'm not susceptible to the addiction thing...

zjhentohlauedy

this Rappelz looks nice! it's really for free i mean there's no catch?
I haven't really played any MMO so i'm hesitant to try it, though my brother plays a lot and wastes a lot of cash. a few years ago on ragnarok and right now on Pangya, he could stop anytime he wants but i don't think he wants to yet.
My my, aren't you lovely~

NejinOniwa

The only "pay-em-up"-iness in Rappelz (and other gpotato mmo's) is that there is an item shop on the site from where you can buy items to your account in the game. However, that thing is of course completely optional - there is no "catch" whatsoever.

Added after 28 seconds:

Except that it of course might be addictive anyways, without paying -w-

Silentbob

That it's released for free is nice of course.  Maybe I'll give it a whirl sometime.  Now that I know I won't get hooked on stuff like that.   :p

Gummster

I to might 'give it a whirl' sometime and somewhere. Although I'd need to get a new computer. Well you never know what the future might hold.

NejinOniwa

Desu-neeee~? ^_^
Oh, and speaking of which, yourssu truly is BUILDING NEW COMPUTARSSU! It shall hold awesome of impressive levels, ssu!

Gummster

Perfect to play the game in question, correct?

NejinOniwa

Atarimaedeshoussu! ^o^ That, and everything else...har har har!
So, has anyone gotten around to downloading it? Once again, it's really worth the time! (I was thinking to write worth the money, here, but since it's for free, well ^_^)