Main Menu

lolifox

Started by rpb3000, May 13, 2006, 10:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exa

Until trying lolifox for a few days, I liked it better than IE (Not only because the cute picture :) ). Tabs are useful (even though IE 7 has this too, as far as I know), and the whole browser seems more ordered. Now I'm sad when I need to use IE (if I'm not browsing at home).

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, I used lolifox on my old Windows computer, but I was really disappointed when I discovered I couldn't install it on Ubuntu.  Of course, I was mistaken in this "discovery" and soon learned how to get to work on my new system (hooray).  Funny thing is, I really don't use it as much as I did on my Windows system.  Oh well, it is a pretty good browser to use if you're an anime fan.

I'm surprised there are so many people into it.  Perhaps it'll be a nice propaganda tool for open-source usage, lol.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Kami-Tux

*murmurs something* ...the right to fork software... *shakes head a bit annoyed* I do not see what 's the difference betweeen lolifox and FF except a differenttheme and preinstalled bookmarks.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"*murmurs something* ...the right to fork software... *shakes head a bit annoyed* I do not see what 's the difference betweeen lolifox and FF except a differenttheme and preinstalled bookmarks.

You're right, there's not that much to it, along with what you've already mentioned, it also comes with preinstalled add-ons.  I really don't know much about the performance aspect of it, so I really couldn't break things down and really offer any explanation of any real advantage there is to using lolifox.  I was just mentioning how useful it could be for persuading new users to firefox.

The Choice of a New Generation.

The Vampire Hao

lol lolifox xDDDDDDD!!! reminds me lolicon o.o so anyway im usiong F.F, opera lol and i prefer F.F FTW!

EDIT!

lol is very cute xDDDD!!!

Bella

QuoteDid any of you guys see the latest version of IE yet? my god they ripped SO MUCH right off firefox, tabbed browsing, plugins, you name it...

I'll say!

Gummster

I'll say another thing, damn you Microsoft! They should make IE a little bit original.

NejinOniwa

O RLY!
Well, fyi, FF ripped off tabbed browsing from Opera...

<.<

...but that doesn't count since Opera is bloody payware or spammed full with ads.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

Opera had it coming.
And do mind your language

NejinOniwa

Word.
And censoring done. Strange, did those settings disappear with the server change?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

QuoteI'll say another thing, damn you Microsoft! They should make IE a little bit original.

QuoteO RLY!
Well, fyi, FF ripped off tabbed browsing from Opera...

<.<

...but that doesn't count since Opera is bloody payware or spammed full with ads.

its not about inovation, its about functionality.  They would be fools NOT to copy it.  YOu all are just pissed off because it makes firefox just a little less special.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Nidas

In hindsight, tabbed browsing was an obvious innovation (like the catflap - cookie if you get the reference). I don't begrudge Microsoft stealing the idea. I use lolifox, not because I have any particular brand loyalty, but because I consider it the best current browser for my needs. If one comes along that surpasses it I'll change my browser. I'm not some kind of browser fanboy.

oh and Opera sucks, the speed is overrated and it fails at rendering some sites

CaptBrenden

I still use IE, ive never really felt fire fox was that much better when I tried it.  Its always seemed to me mostly to be a act of defiance from the anti microsoft people.

Exa

I'm not an anti-Microsoft person (don't have serious problems with their OSes), but as I experienced, firefox/lolifox is a bit more stable.

CaptBrenden

maybe IE just hates you all, but I cant ever say that I thought it was unstable.. it never crashes on me.  Unstable is not what I would call it.