Main Menu

Cooking

Started by Tsubashi, March 10, 2007, 05:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Stupid vampire...
And Norwegian salmons can be REALLY BIG.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

congee

Does baking count?

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup white sugar
   * 1 cup butter, softened
   * 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
   * 1/2 teaspoon salt
   * 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
   * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
   * 1 egg yolk
   * 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg yolk. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour until well blended. Chill the dough for 8 hours, or overnight.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/3 at a time to 1/8 inch thickness, refrigerating remaining dough until ready to use. Cut into desired shapes with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Leave cookies plain for frosting, or brush with slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with candy sprinkles or colored sugar.
  4. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light and golden brown. Cool cookies completely before frosting.

Or
Truffles
INGREDIENTS

* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
   * 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
   * 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
   * 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls.

Notes

Roll truffles in ground walnuts (or any ground nuts), cocoa, coconut, confectioners' sugar, candy sprinkles, etc.

To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange) to each mixture; mix well.

CaptBrenden

QuoteNo, no NO! As OP, I deny you the right to cook Senpai in this thread.
So There!

Just try and stop me abomination!!

SWEET AND SOUR PORK CHOPS  

3 lbs pork chops
4 onions, diced
1 can pineapple chunks
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water
1 can water chestnuts
1 green bell pepper
salt and pepper, to taste

In a dutch oven or large skillet, brown the pork chops. Add onions, juice from the pineapple, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, salt and pepper.
Cover pan and simmer for 1 hour or until pork chops are tender.

Set pork chops aside.

Combine cornstarch and water, then stir into pan; add water chestnuts, bell pepper, and chunks of pineapple. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce has thickened to desired consistency. Add pork chops and cook until heated through.

Serve over white rice, pasta, or noodles.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Heh, interesting! I'll see if i can catch up any interesting Swedish meals over the weekend...

CapitalCamel

"Hello World", C++ style:
an <iostream>
1 std namespace;
and a int main() containing
    a cup of cout,
    1 "hello world"
    a single return 0;
    a sprinkle of << operators.

1. Mix all ingredients in a notepad
2. compile the resulting script,
3. execute and enjoy.

NejinOniwa

This thread is glorious, and therefore...

REEEVIIIVAAAAL!!!!!
[chant]Oh great empress, bring thy strengths of life, glory and win back to this humble thread once more! I summoneth thy power in my haaaaaaand!!!!![/chant]

And now! For something INVENTED just this thursday - the Honey-flavoured Egg Sheeve!

Ingredients:
5 Eggs
3 Water
2 Milk
3 Some kind of meat
~0.5 Honey
~0.3 Black Pepper
~0.03 Salt
Butter

Time: ~20 minutes.
NOTE: The 5:3:2 things are PROPORTIONS. Everything is measured in volume except for the eggs, which are in amount, and the butter which is merely for smearing on the frying pan.

Note: To "Sheeve" something is a procedure which I've not encountered in any other recipe anywhere, and therefore have invented a new word for. Its origin is the word "Kiv" - pronounced the same way, by the way - which is an old Swedish word for quarreling, and it means just that - simply, to always keep the mixture in motion and poke at it or add new ingredients, never let it rest, thus maintaining a balance between liquids and solids in the frying pan.

Instructions:
Take a large (deep) frying pan and smear it with butter. When the butter is fried, place the eggs in it, one by one, and then pour first water then milk into the mix. Sheeve them for two minutes on a high temperature before you place the meat into the mix (note that you might want to cut it into pieces before you proceed, around the size of a half egg would be good enough). Sheeve for some three more minutes and then season the mix with the honey, pepper and salt - and maybe something else if you wish - and then sheeve for around 15 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated. Served best with, well, something to drink, and, remarkably enough, eaten quite easily with chopsticks.

Now off to the kitchen! *scurries*

Added after 55 minutes:

Oh hay guys, just a little observation:
Don't skip out on the honey - skimp it on real good, or else it won't do any good at all. Also, the best meat to use would be premade stuff like sausages, meatballs and stuff. Also, this time i used mushrooms in the mix too, and they got freckin D-E-Licious.

!!!

Gummster

I'm gonna put in here a recipe for my current favourite food.
Blue Dragon Noodle soup:

1. Grab a pot
2. Put water in pot. (How much depends on the size of the pot)
3. Let the water boil, and then put flavour, spice and noodles in water.
4. Wait 3 minutes.

Then the noodles are ready, very good on lonely nights.

Note: Blue Dragon Noodle Soup is available in every KHB store.

NejinOniwa

Thurosis

C-Chan á la carte

Ingredients:

C-Chan pig
Water
Bowl

time:
about 30 mins

Instructions:
just put C-Chan into the bowl with water.

i now this isn't nice but it came suddenly in my mind !
So i'm sorry C-Chan ! (GOMEN NA SAI) !!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!