C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteCute Pu-Chan! I just want to know what she's all broken up about

You mean to say what ISN"T she all broken up about, right?  ^___^
The girl is mousier than a pheasant with an inferiority complex.  -.-'

At least we should be grateful she's trying the Beam first before unleashing her secret weapon.  And I ain't talking about bombs or beach balls here.....  ^^;

C-Chan

Wow, my speed really HAS gone down the toilet.  ^^;
But I've been sleep-deprived lately, so perhaps that might be a big factor.  -v-

In any case,... I did promise transparency.... so I might as well post the ongoing vector sketch of the Freespire/Linspire 4koma I promised Bella.  ^___^

It is a vector sketch in its most preliminary form, so none of the shapes have been ironed out or embellished yet (let alone shaded or colored properly... ).

BTW, this is the 2005 panel.  There will be a 2006, 2007 and 2008.  ^.^

Tsubashi

Regardless of what stage it's in, this looks to be the beginning of another amazing drawing.
I like freespire-tan's hair especially. She looks so cute!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Correction, that's "Babty Sister" Freespire-tan.  ^___^
Like all kid sisters her age, she thinks the world of her older, cooler sister.  ^.^

BTW, I see you finall Awakened.  ^.^;
Best be prepared, I guess.  ^^;

*wraps neckerchief tightly around neck and chin area*

Tsubashi

QuoteLike all kid sisters her age, she thinks the world of her older, cooler sister. ^.^
It's too bad they will grow up to get in such arguments. Then again, who knows! Maybe they'll grow out of that too?

QuoteBTW, I see you finall Awakened. ^.^;
Best be prepared, I guess. ^^;

hehe! Yeah, or something to that effect. Flying is so fun (and useful)!!! Still haven't discovered what my taste in blood is though.
Though you've no need to worry, humans are much better ^.^
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

Pure win! Pure norwegian cookie! Here, have one, piggy! *toss*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

Thank you NejinOniwa.  ^^

*chomps cookie*

Mmm... tastes like cookie.  ^v^

In any event, here's a quick blast from the past,... C-chan Bad Translations!!!!!!!!  ^V^

VIRU-tan has her own webcomic now....

http://www.nijiura.com/os/niji.php?res=23066

...and well you can't keep a good Virus girl down, so i tried my hand at translating it.  Not 100% comfortable with the results, but I think it works out nicely.  ^^

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"Hello all.  ^__^

Well, I'm officially phasing out the Annex Thread since that information will sooner or later be transferred to both the Wiki and a personal website of mine which will go more in depth with the Annex backstories.  That being the case, I no longer have a central location where I can deposit my artwork, and frankly dispersing it throughout the entire forum is not easy to manage.  ^^;

So,... in light of recent trends,... I shamelessly present you with the first C-chan Centric Art Thread!!!  ^v^

Oh wait,.... *goes back and recounts*

.......... Okay, make that the 16th C-chan centric art thread....  -___-
Oh sue me, I'm an indecisive pig!  ^0^
In any case, I'll try to make this my last, and it will be a picture thread,... so while I'll try not to go nuts with the file size, be warned that I won't condone myself or anyone for posting anything up to a 1280 pixel width.... -v-

Okay, let's get this show started, eh?  ^___^

First off, a quick semi-collage I produced over the weekend:

1280x1024 Version

Originally meant as a little "gift" to Aurora-sama, but forked into a quick job that helped combat a brief case of Artist's Block.  Now I'm fine and well proceed with the aforementioned "gift", but hopefully other Pu fans will like my therapy work.  ^____^

So as to not retype, I'm posting my gallery blurb:

QuoteMore of a collage than an actual original drawing, but it was another spur-of-the-moment idea that ended up as a large rendition. Besides, Mac OSX 10.1 Puma-tan should breathe new life to this very familiar pose (at least familiar to Haruhiists).

Pu- Pu-... PUMA-CHAN BEAM!!!!!!!!!!

That PUMA-tan of yours RULE!!!  I don't really know of you having the intention for her to cry..but she looks really neat and hot!   ;019  ;010

I don't really know how to describe this but for me, it seems that Puma-san has the most unique attractiveness from the other OSX-tans.  :P

It's been long since I saw something from you C!  ;hi

Darknight_88

>_>
<_<
Did not notice the existence of this thread until Alfamille bumped it...

Quote from: "C-Chan"

First off, a quick semi-collage I produced over the weekend:

1280x1024 Version

Originally meant as a little "gift" to Aurora-sama, but forked into a quick job that helped combat a brief case of Artist's Block.  Now I'm fine and well proceed with the aforementioned "gift", but hopefully other Pu fans will like my therapy work.  ^____^

So as to not retype, I'm posting my gallery blurb:

QuoteMore of a collage than an actual original drawing, but it was another spur-of-the-moment idea that ended up as a large rendition. Besides, Mac OSX 10.1 Puma-tan should breathe new life to this very familiar pose (at least familiar to Haruhiists).

Pu- Pu-... PUMA-CHAN BEAM!!!!!!!!!!

lol
Mi...Mi..Miku---Puma Beam!
Nice work,  this is certainly an improvement over your previous works. Better linework and coloring

This was created on april 1 and I don't see any updates >_>

PS: long time no see, Alfamille. Btw, nice signature  ;010

C-Chan

Yo to both Alfamille and Darknight!  Damn, you guys have been absent.  ^_____^

QuoteThat PUMA-tan of yours RULE!!! I don't really know of you having the intention for her to cry..but she looks really neat and hot!  

Fufufu... someone needs to watch 'Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'.  ^.^
But thank you though,... it's a parody pic, and one that worked really well (I think) given the resemblance of Puma-chan to Mikuru.  ^___^

QuoteI don't really know how to describe this but for me, it seems that Puma-san has the most unique attractiveness from the other OSX-tans. :P

<_<

>_>

[whispering] I agree!  ^___^

QuoteIt's been long since I saw something from you C!

Quote>_>
<_<
Did not notice the existence of this thread until Alfamille bumped it...  

Quotelol
Mi...Mi..Miku---Puma Beam!
Nice work, this is certainly an improvement over your previous works. Better linework and coloring

This was created on april 1 and I don't see any updates >_>

Well, I haven't really been up to promoting this thread as much lately.  For one thing, the Captain opened up a general art thread not long after I created this one, in the hopes of getting everyone to post their work there rather than to bottle themselves in their own individual threads.

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-504.html

For reasons I won't go into, the idea didn't fly but certainly doesn't change the fact that some of my later works are still stuck there.  -v-

Naturally, you can still go here to see all my works:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/index.php?cat=10570

In addition to that, though, I've finally exhausted my artistic drive and don't feel I can last much longer drawing OS-tans.  T___T

I may do better linework and coloring, but at the cost of diminishing morale as the time expenditure is just too much for me to bear given my other hobbies and responsibilities.

It's come to a point where drawing is a real chore,... it took all the strength I could muster just to finish off the collaborative desktop wallpaper submission for the contest.  -____-

I'm learning programming now, and it's my hope that once i can get better at that, I can resume my artistry programatically.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'd do it for OS-tans anymore, as my heart is shifting over to more original characters concepts.  -___-

Darknight_88

In addition to that, though, I've finally exhausted my artistic drive and don't feel I can last much longer drawing OS-tans.  T___T

I may do better linework and coloring, but at the cost of diminishing morale as the time expenditure is just too much for me to bear given my other hobbies and responsibilities.

It's come to a point where drawing is a real chore,
... it took all the strength I could muster just to finish off the collaborative desktop wallpaper submission for the contest.  -____-

I'm learning programming now, and it's my hope that once i can get better at that, I can resume my artistry programatically.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'd do it for OS-tans anymore, as my heart is shifting over to more original characters concepts.  -___-

Welcome to my world C-Chan!

Yeah, drawing tends to take a lot of time,  I know that well. In my case, time that is often taken by: a)Homework b)Games

The main problem I have found when drawing is that from the first to the 3rd day, the morale is high and I can advance a lot. But after that, it starts becoming a little tedious and boring, so advance goes slowly and sometimes I just don't want to continue because its too boring, I'd rather play some games in my freetime. Its frustrating =/

tl:dr: Drawing can be fun, but the problem is that if it takes too much time then it becomes boring.

QuoteUnfortunately, I'm not sure if I'd do it for OS-tans anymore, as my heart is shifting over to more original characters concepts.  -___-
;_;

SleepyD

It's come to a point where drawing is a real chore,... it took all the strength I could muster just to finish off the collaborative desktop wallpaper submission for the contest.  -____-

hey now, I don't draw OS-tans all the time.
^^

I'd be a bit surprised if you told me that's all you drew all these years. o-o
if that's all you drew, then... no wonder you're tired! XD

drawing other random things makes everything you do seem fresh and new. :3

maybe you should delve into the world of quick sketches and doodles. ^^
easy to pick up, quick to do, and fun! no need to post it online. just art for yourself. ^^
Maybe we should get you a graphics tablet.
....hey, I got an idea, how about we get a pchat? It's an applet where a bunch of people can draw on the same board. It's fun when people's drawings interact with others. ^^ It can be crazy display of art skills, but more often than not, it's a bunch of random fun doodles. ^^

If I drew a bunch of arts that took me forever to do, then I'd be feeling the same way as you!
And I wholly support drawing original charas.  I have a few myself. ^^

C-Chan

QuoteWelcome to my world C-Chan!

[whining]  WAAAAH!!!  I don't wanna be in your world!  I wanna go back to mine!  ^0^

*waaambulance appears*

I knew this would happen someday, but never expected it to be so soon (just shy of my 1-year anniversary here).  That's why I was always so keen on speed, because I know from experience that artistic inspiration comes in quick short bursts for me.  It would be impossible to ever make a career out of something as inconsistent as that.

QuoteYeah, drawing tends to take a lot of time, I know that well. In my case, time that is often taken by: a)Homework b)Games

I'm a bit more simple-minded, so I tend to focus all my energy on one thing at a time, despite my best efforts to multi-task.  I either give 110% to my art, or I give 110% instead to work or other more technical hobbies.  I loved drawing enough to do it for just periodic praise/mainly nothing/sometimes insults, but no way could it ever win out against working for money, or doing other hobbies for money, skills and/or education.

QuoteThe main problem I have found when drawing is that from the first to the 3rd day, the morale is high and I can advance a lot. But after that, it starts becoming a little tedious and boring, so advance goes slowly and sometimes I just don't want to continue because its too boring, I'd rather play some games in my freetime. Its frustrating =/

Yeah, that's precisely how I feel at the moment.  Funny thing is that it wasn't a problem before -- I'm not sure where I got the huge "morale pool" to draw so much and rack up 2700+ posts came from, but it's good and spent now.  ;__;

Quotetl:dr: Drawing can be fun, but the problem is that if it takes too much time then it becomes boring.

Yes indeed....

I think I recall saying that before, so it's like I'm hearing my echo bounce back to me.  -.-

Quotehey now, I don't draw OS-tans all the time.
^^

I'd be a bit surprised if you told me that's all you drew all these years. o-o
if that's all you drew, then... no wonder you're tired! XD

Well don't be surprised, that's pretty much a half-truth.

There was no "all these years" since you recall I only joined last June.  But yeah, that's pretty much all I drew for all this time.

Sure, I did do other things, like some half-assed manga translations, Flash work, failed collaborative projects, Inkscape tutorials, counseling, and LOTS AND LOTS of posting.  
But I'm also not surprised I'm tired,... I just wish I were tired AFTER I had finished all my main characters.  -___-

Quoterawing other random things makes everything you do seem fresh and new. :3

Does programming random little applets count?  ^___^

Quotemaybe you should delve into the world of quick sketches and doodles. ^^
easy to pick up, quick to do, and fun! no need to post it online. just art for yourself. ^^
Maybe we should get you a graphics tablet.

Have one, don't like it much anymore (though may like a Tablet Mac, if one ever comes out).  Sketching just reminds me how much of a bad artist I naturally am.  Don't forget that none of my pictures are actually "drawn", but rather just constructed by someone with a knack for vector graphics.

The only thing I can draw freehand with any level of decency are natural landscapes.

Quote....hey, I got an idea, how about we get a pchat? It's an applet where a bunch of people can draw on the same board. It's fun when people's drawings interact with others. ^^ It can be crazy display of art skills, but more often than not, it's a bunch of random fun doodles. ^^

Thank you for the offer, but don't forget how allergic I am to anything with the word "chat" in it.  ^^;

QuoteIf I drew a bunch of arts that took me forever to do, then I'd be feeling the same way as you!
And I wholly support drawing original charas. I have a few myself. ^^

One of the original characters I plan to resurrect in my new programming project predates my OS-tan era (circa 2-3 years ago), so in a way I'm glad I'm finally doing justice to my old ideas.  The new characters, while based on "personifications", are not exactly "-tans" and will be designed solely around the purpose of education, thus ensuring that no one can corrupt my mission statement without sounding like an idiot.

In a way I'm tired of putting up with silly purists and cowards who'd prefer to keep us as sniveling fanbois rather than productive members of a community.  So if at all possible, I'd prefer to cut past all that crap and lunge straight for the jugular, in the hopes of developing a very useful open source tool that can be of some use to everyone.  (preferrably more than just us borderline otaku)

Bella

QuoteIn addition to that, though, I've finally exhausted my artistic drive and don't feel I can last much longer drawing OS-tans. T___T

I know what you mean. I did a lot of writing over the past couple of years, especially on one story 'series'. Awhile back I tired of just about every aspect of the story--the characters, the plot, everything. It all just seems so strained to me. For a while I didn't know if I'd ever write again...recently, I started working on a different story, which I like better than my old ones...

I think it's best to follow your inspiration, otherwise you'll end up bored and/or frustrated...if I didn't follow my inspiration, I probably never would have started drawing OS-tans :)

QuoteUnfortunately, I'm not sure if I'd do it for OS-tans anymore, as my heart is shifting over to more original characters concepts. -___-

I'd love to see some of them  ;010

QuoteThe main problem I have found when drawing is that from the first to the 3rd day, the morale is high and I can advance a lot. But after that, it starts becoming a little tedious and boring, so advance goes slowly and sometimes I just don't want to continue because its too boring, I'd rather play some games in my freetime. Its frustrating =/

Hmmm...that happens to me sometimes. I usually let the drawing sit on the backburner for a while, and resume working on it later.

Alfamille

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
PS: long time no see, Alfamille. Btw, nice signature  ;010

Peace! Thanks DK!!

QuoteI don't really know how to describe this but for me, it seems that Puma-san has the most unique attractiveness from the other OSX-tans. :P

<_<

>_>

[whispering] I agree!  ^___^

Wiiiii!!! i mean WEEEEEEEEE!

"Daijobou! daijobou!"

I've PMed you about my thoughts on what you said so yeah :)

About Puma-chan over there. I feel creating a background on that picture

Quote from: "Bella"
I know what you mean. I did a lot of writing over the past couple of years, especially on one story 'series'. Awhile back I tired of just about every aspect of the story--the characters, the plot, everything. It all just seems so strained to me. For a while I didn't know if I'd ever write again...recently, I started working on a different story, which I like better than my old ones...

Are those fanfictions that you created, Bella?