OS-tan Annex Project

Started by C-One, September 16, 2006, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Added TRS-DOS-tan!  ^__^

Shading's all that's left!  ^v^

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/A$C6.png

Also, since it's almost nearing completion, here's my first 1024x768 version.  ^.^

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/A$C6a.png

Aurora Borealis

Great job, C-Chan! And it'll be even more awesome when shading is added! By the way, how does eCS-tan make those threads? (But she could take advantage of that ability of hers and reenact scenes from "SpiderMan" though!)

BWAHAHAHAHA! QNX-sama took Tandy-tan's book! (But I like Tandy-tan a lot too and she's probably my favorite of the OS-tans you made) I didn't know she could be such a troublemaker! :D

C-Chan

QuoteGreat job, C-Chan! And it'll be even more awesome when shading is added! By the way, how does eCS-tan make those threads? (But she could take advantage of that ability of hers and reenact scenes from "SpiderMan" though!)

Fufufu,... come to think of it, this is the first time you see eCS-chan multi-threading.  ^.^
For OS/2-tan, the art of multi-threading comes naturally -- it's built into her hair.  ^v^
eCS-chan however needs the use of a special device in her hand (that metal circular thing you see in her big picture: http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/eCS-tan.jpg).

The threads aren't nearly as strong or as autonomous as OS/2-tan's, but they have a far greater range and she can generate many, many more of them.  ^___^

So you can imagine why sowing with them is super easy for her, in addition to other daily chores and hobbies... ^.^

But they're especially fantastic for fighting, as the make her into a cross between Spiderman (as you say) and Walter from 'Hellsing'.
Even if you disable her multi-threader, though, her hand-to-hand is nothing to sneeze at either. That's why it's a little hard to understand why she prefers to be a pacifist.  -v-'

QuoteBWAHAHAHAHA! QNX-sama took Tandy-tan's book! (But I like Tandy-tan a lot too and she's probably my favorite of the OS-tans you made) I didn't know she could be such a troublemaker!

I think you told me that QNX-sama was a bit of a trickster (maybe half the reason reason OS/2-tan calls her "Q").  ^___^

Personality-wise:

OS/2-tan = serious
eCS-tan = playful/serene.
RISC-tan = Sweet
TRSDOS-tan = crone

So naturally, we need someone to stir up a little mischief every now and then.  ^.^

Besides, it's the only way she could get tired ol' Tandy-tan to join the race.  ^v^'

BTW, if you do like Tandy-tan that much, I guess I should create a bigger version of her soon.  She's very very old, but still has her cute look and I don't think this uber-chibi style gives her any justice.  ^^;
(though you drew her quite nicely atop that roof... ^v^)

Tsubashi

Wow! It looks amazing, I can't wait till it's done!

Though I don't think "crone" is a good descriptor here...

Quotecrone |krÃ...n|
noun
an old woman who is thin and ugly.

ORIGIN late Middle English : via Middle Dutch croonje, caroonje ââ,¬Ëœcarcass, old eweââ,¬â,,¢ from Old Northern French caroigne ââ,¬Ëœcarrion, cantankerous womanââ,¬â,,¢ (see carrion).
-Tsu

C-Chan

Hehe,.. nope,... definitely a crone in spirit at least (and in the old part -- you do know when TRS-DOS/TRS Tandy Computer line was released, right?).  ^v^'

If I ever do any 4koma work, that's probably what OS/2-tan will call her.  ^^;

(The things people put up with for free tech support, ....  -v-;)

Added after 2 minutes:

Thank you, BTW.  ^__^

My inspiration for that montage design is not far from here.... ^v^'

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=17

Tsubashi

Quoteyou do know when TRS-DOS/TRS Tandy Computer line was released, right?

Well yes, of course, I was thinking the "thin and ugly" part didn't fit. But you're right, she is very old
-Tsu

C-Chan

C-Chan

Sonotori-desu!!  ^v^

The TRS computer line is definitely from the late 70's, nipping right at the heels of the Apple II and Commodore PET.

Between ][chan, PETchan, HABitchan (aka Atari "8-bit) and Tandy-chan, they're all pioneers and should be the best of close friends.  ^__^

As it so happens, though, Tandy-chan wants nothing to do with the Binteji Renmei....

Hmmmm....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

Kami-Tux

No new Unix/Linux-Tans? :(

BTW: The Kami-Tux is back

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

OMG!!!!!!!!!!  TALK ABOUT A BLAST FROM THE PAST!!!!!  ^___^

Actually, you're wrong this time....  -v-

While other OS-tans keep distracting me away from Unix-sama (I've even drawn an eComStation-tan!!), and you're not around to serve as a Unix lobbyist, I did manage to produce a really sweet little Linux chibi:

It's a combination of both the original GNU/Linux design, and Juzo-kuns.  ^__^

So don't give up yet,... and try not to disappear for months on end this time.  -v-'

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh, and we also have a new OS-tan Wiki, so I'm slowly but surely phasing out the Annex contents.

So no new updates are gonna be appearing on the main page going forward.  -v-

Kami-Tux

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! Well done!

*downloads as soon as the bandwidth is no longer meassured in bits per fortnight*

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"Fufufu.... ^.^

I saw that thing months ago being kept in a hardware storage on the nearest computer school from here.

I only remembered that because it always displays the message "BOOT ERROR HC". Although I have no idea what that is....

C-Chan

You now, I actually made a mistake about that.  The second picture's fine, but the first picture references the Tandy Color Computer, which despite the same model number is a totally different system (and does not use TRSDOS-tan as it's OS).  Fortunately, a CoCo-tan is already available.  ^.^

FYI, due to the existence of the Wiki, I'm slowly phasing out the use of the Annex.  Just in case anyone was wondering why it hadn't been updated in so long.  ^__^'

Bella

This thread is incredible! It's filled with lots of info I've been wondering about!

C-Chan

Thank you Bella.  ^__^

Unfortunately, I'm discontinuing this thread since a lot of the info on the main page will be migrated to the OS-tan Wiki.  That's why neither I nor C-One have kept this thread updated recently.  -___-

It also used to be where I posted all my new artwork, but as the current trend is to create user-specific art threads, i think I'll try that too eventually.
Might call it "C-chan Concoctions" or something like that.  ^v^

Hopefully, though, the Annex list might inspire you to create OS-tans you hadn't considered before.  ^___^
Naturally, though, I was far from finished -- I only posted as many as I felt comfortable working on at the time, but even then I knew there were still 10x more OSes in existence (past and present).  ^___^