The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by Alex Stankevitch, October 16, 2006, 05:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Well I wouldnt go that far.. i would say they should be required to be thin enough not to streach the forum, and never more then one per post unlike the random picture thread or the like
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NewYinzer

If there was a way to use the img tag to resize images, I'd use it before I post huge images. Also, I agree that the proliferation of NSFW image makes the forum seem "raped". Come to think of it, I think I brought that up a few days ago...

Xyanide

Alright back to the question wether suzumiya is a lesbian or not,
no she's not, she's bisexual actually
i've rewatched this series again the past few days and i remember her saying something in the beginning of the series along the lines of:
"If it's superhuman it doesn't matter to me wether it's a guy or a girl"

SPOILER(sort of):
and in the end she kisses "him" so there you have it: she's bi :P

Ryudragoon

I'd say she would go for anyone, she says as long as they aren't human

dijiko

dephy

close, but i think she'd rather rape kyon

NejinOniwa

Or she'll just stay single, since nobody's mad enough to put up with that kind of obnoxious, insane, dangerous, in-all-other-ways-the-worst-potential-girlfriend-you-could-ever-find girl (except MAYBE Kyon, but he's too lame to take a chance. Plus masters of extreme sarcasm are always better as they are ;012 ). Also, nobody's good enough for Ultra Director anyways, since she's so freaking awesome.

...basically i think she'll just let things be the way they are, since i don't think her potential boyfriend would approve of her molesting Mikuru-chan (and everyone else). Unless he was a pervert and allowed to join in (or if he was Koizumi, but he's GAY so that won't be a problem). But that kind of stuff only happens in H doujins anyways, so that's not gonna happen... *rant rant rant*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NewYinzer

Two words:
Tsundere Couple

Kyon and Haruhi are essentially a tsundere couple. However, I agree with most of you, no one could possibly stand her as a girlfriend. Just guessing, Koizumi does seem kind of gay, but it's an anime series, so he probably is. As for Mikuru, she'll probably end up screwed up from her constant molesting by Haruhi.

NejinOniwa

*is totally unknowing of the meaning of tsundere couple*

Pitkin

How is Koizumi gay, by the way? Does it reek like stereotypes here? I ask because I've just about had it with the 'he's gay' line said based on person's looks or general behaviour.

Myrdin

Nejin:
Tsundere refers to an initially violent/unpleasant relationship that turns sweet.

I'm not sure if that's an accurate description. The series makes it abundantly clear that Haruhi likes Kyon beyond a normal friendship. However, she never is able to express this and instead maintains her prickly exterior.

Some of my friends are gay and none of them act like Koizumi. Until we see him seriously persuing other guys it is pointless to try and classify his preferences.

SleepyD

tsundere can also refer to the character in question, as well as the relationship.  I am more used to the former usage.

now, as for whether Koizumi is gay, you cannot really say.  True, there were scenes that made Kyon quite uncomfortable, but that's the only basis for calling Koizumi gay.  

(That, and it seems there's some fanart out there that show him as a gay person.)

NejinOniwa

Thankies for explanation, ssu. ^-^ Also, I think that Koizumi is gay in the same way that Hiwatari/Hikari Satoshi of DNAngel is gay...meaningly not officially, but definitely according to the fanbase, and probably also so according to the author. Um. Cuz i mean...yeah.

>.>
Also his constant, obsessive smiling creeps me out. Five times, with vaseline.

infinity_zero

NejinOniwa

Honestly, infizer-san, SUTEKI! Dude, is there anything you haven't made a comic of? (Also total win on the endings comic XD)
Translation, anyone? C-chan? We need it, ssu!