Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hālian He/him

Trips are nice! I don't have any proper trips lined up, just a local judge conference on Saturday. Last weekend, I went to a local anime convention and it was a blast, even if I had to skip Sunday due to leg pain.

On the topic of Discord, which was brought up earlier: Could someone please PM me a permanent invitation to the Discord server, or at least one that won't expire for at least a week? I had asked Bella for one through other channels some time ago, but I ended up not seeing it until it had already expired. :/

Nichi

Nice. My trip is to go to an anime convention, actually :3

Hālian He/him

Nichi

Noted xD

So I discovered just how compatible Microsoft Word can be; I made a file on Word 1.15 (MS-DOS, 1984) and carried it over to my dad's laptop, with Word 2016 (Windows 8.1), and it read the file without issue. I love it when this level of compatibility exists :3

Hālian He/him

Quote from: VolareVia on March 26, 2019, 09:16:13 PM@Penti-chan I want screenshots. xD

Like this post!

Ungh, I'm getting mad nostalgia from the Office 2003 slide.

Nichi

I'll get pics on my next day off :3

Also, Office 2003 is honestly my go-to for most systems xD

Nichi

I've seen people on r/VintageApple talk about repacking old PowerBook batteries (They carefully crack them open, and replace the worn out cells with fresh ones), so that much is at least possible :3

So I have the day off, and was honestly thinking about going for a hike...and of course it starts raining when I wake up xD

Nichi

That I'm not sure of :O

Hālian He/him

If I recall correctly, one isn't supposed to replace battery cells with ones of a different type, as the technology involved in each type of battery is different.

Nichi

>TFW drinking entirely too much coffee

Hālian He/him

I don't drink coffee, as I can't stand the taste. Same with liquor, plus the added wrinkle of ASD + booze → angry drunk, usually.

Nichi

I like coffee, but granted, I come from a family of coffee drinkers xD
(Just, if I drink too much of it, it messes with my stomach)

Goujer (she/her)

I enjoy a cup of joe once in a while. But I cream it up to make it sweeter.

I'm a cheap drunk but none of my friends have explained me as having a noticable personality change when I am.

Nichi

I've grown to like creamer in my coffee; like, it does seem to lessen the impact on my stomach of drinking it. Plus, if I want some alcohol in the morning, my dad has introduced me to putting a little Irish cream in it :3

As for alcohol...I've never been too drunk, but I have been buzzed before from having a bit too much to drink, with me most commonly feeling sleepy as a result. TBH, I sometimes use whiskey and other liquors as a sleep aid, because of this.

Goujer (she/her)

Straight or as a mix?