Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goujer (she/her)

I never played Banjo Kazooie but I'm looking forward to seeing what the people behind it will bring to the table with Yooka-Laylee. It's one of those games I've always wanted to play but never did.

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Penti-chan on February 03, 2017, 12:04:11 PMSweet; let me know if Yooka-Laylee is any good.
Will do. I definitely have high hopes for it.

Nichi

@Lego: If you have an N64 or 360, I highly recommend checking out the original Banjo-Kazooie; it's a classic, and one of my childhood favorites :3

I never was big on Banjo-Tooie, though; it always felt like it was a little too big for its own good, more so than DK64. However, I did enjoy the oft-hated 3rd game, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts; it may not have been the game people wanted, but I found enjoyment in it for just how surprisingly deep the vehicle builder was.

Red-Machine

Fuck yeah, Romans in Skyrim.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Red-Machine

So here's my first attempt at streaming a game.  Apologies for the echo, if I do it again that won't be there.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120782877

I was also talking to a friend who was watching, so that's why it seems like I'm having a one-sided conversation.

Nichi

Cool. Twitch barely works on my connection, even for watching old streams, sadly.

So, I started reading a Let's Play of Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon, and I'm quite thankful I never bought that one as a kid. Like, the game has an almost bootleg-level translation of the script, plus there are game-breaking bugs more often than it should (One during a mandatory segment of the story, and one for the game link features that were promoted on the box). The sad part is, this wasn't a bootleg; this was the official English release.

EDIT: Seems the Woodman bug only occurs on certain emulators and the DS. This kinda reminds me of the bug in Wario Land 3, where you can't climb a ladder if you're on an older emulator.

LeaflameSD

Battle Network 5 had quite a lot of grammatical errors, but the DS curbstomped a lot of those

Nichi

I had heard the DS version had a better translation to it. I might eventually pick it up, since it's still fairly cheap, last I checked

Red-Machine

Nichi

Nice. I considered trying to buy one, but I decided to instead take a trip out of state; something I haven't done in years -w-

Bella

I'm also considering picking one up once the hype dies down.

LeaflameSD

That thing is not a week one purchase.

Nichi

Indeed; I always try to give them time to iron out the bugs and get a few more games out the door before I buy a system (As I've heard of people having issues getting their controllers to sync with the system).

So, I picked up a copy of Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue about a month ago, and after playing for a little while, I've finally reached the point where I left off the first time; due to my original cartridge going missing. Surprisingly, while still having some frustrating parts, the game feels easier than I remember it; I was dreading Hades Isle, which I often described that part as "Lan and MegaMan go to Hell" for how beyond frustrating it was...and I tore through it on my first try like it was nothing. Also, BubbleMan? Defeating him on my first try with little resistance was satisfying; I wish I had ended up with an electric-type Style Change, so I could truly turn the tables on him over last time, where I had the misfortune of ending up with a fire-type instead.

KingMan still gave me some trouble, but I eventually managed to work it out.

(re)EDIT: Removing the previous edit to say that I somehow managed to beat the final boss last night, after several attempts. It felt good to finally be able to put that game to rest; after several years, and I may eventually pick it back up and attempt some of the post-game content (Secret bosses, side-quests, etc.)

Given how I've already played through the first 2, as well, I'm half-way through the series...though, I will go ahead and say I have no real intent on trying to play the 4th game; I read a Let's Play of that one, which was enough to convince me to skip it and go to the 5th, whenever I decide to continue the series. I might eventually give Battle Chip Challenge a try, as well; I never really got into it, though the fact that you could actually play as Protoman automatically made it a good game xD

Goujer (she/her)

I beat Nier:Automata and I got my friend hooked on it too.

My friend who is a fan of cosplaying is no trying to convince me that we should go to a convention with him as 9S and me as 2B.

Crossplaying sounds like an interesting challenge but I'm not sure that cosplaying in general is worth the time. Any thoughts?

I do have a fairly thin frame but I am hairy as all hell.

Nichi

I've heard a lot about that game. Any good?

As far as cosplaying, it can be quite fun; in fact, one of my regrets from the convention I went to was not spending enough time in my cosplay, due to weather (Mayl Sakurai, if you were curious), which is something I will correct next year. Otherwise, I find it quite fun and would suggest trying it at least once.