Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Goujer (she/her)

Coming in WAY late to reply but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Chie's voice in Golden does seem to get better the further into game you get, I think this might be do to the voice actress still getting the ropes of the character. I heard the reason they changed her voice was because the PS2 voice acting sounded to mature for a high schooler. Another thing I've noticed is Teddie's voice seems to change as the game goes on making it weird to restart the game and hear him again.

SADX was good, I still need to beat the PC version.

Interesting thing though, I was able to compile hello world for the PS Vita with the Henkaku hack and I'm going to try and port the Play! PS2 emulator to it to see if I can't get Persona 3 running. It'll probably be at 3FPS but hey why not!

LeaflameSD

i have the vita tv
its kinda meh tbh

Red-Machine

I recently got a Vita, but haven't played it much because I'm still waiting for one of the games I ordered to arrive.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

So, I'm basically at the end of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door; I'm roughly half-way through the final chapter, and I'm thinking I might need to leave to reload on healing items, unless there's some useful items obtained in the next segment of this area.

EDIT: Just beat the final boss this morning. That was a pretty intense battle, but I managed to come through without much issue. Now, at a later time, I might tackle the Pit of 100 Trials, but for now, I think I'll probably shift my focus to a different game; I almost want to replay Super Mario RPG, or resume playing South Park: The Stick of Truth, but I think I might focus on something more action-y instead.

EDIT2: Recently went back to Magic Knight Rayearth...and now I find myself at a part where I want to shelf the game again and move onto something else, because of how infuriating this area is. I have to navigate this forest to rescue a kid that was obsessed over defeating the monster that injured his mother...and lo and behold, annoying beasts that vaguely resemble Digimon, which take dozens of hits to go down, can kill each of your characters in just 2-3 hits, hits hard enough to make Fuu's healing spell utterly pointless to use, they can easily jump at you from off-screen before you can even react, and best of all, they can respawn seemingly at random. Just, this part is annoying, and has me wondering if either maybe there's some special item I can find to increase my defense that I missed somewhere, or if I really just need to bear this tedious slog through the forest.

Cockleshell

ANYWAYS i'm playing overwatch now, add me my battletag is Sevaxa#1882
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Goujer (she/her)

I'll take you up on that.

LeaflameSD

I got a 3DS XL and a PS4 Slim for my birthday so I've just been playing Pokemon Omega Ruby and Final Fantasy X

Goujer (she/her)

I got hooked on Skyrim again...
But this time I uninstalled all of the texture enhancing mods and I've gotten the RAM usage down to a playable level. However I still hit that dang 3.1 GB limit in Whiterun no matter what I do.
This leads me to believe that the Special Edition was made just to get modders past the 4GB limit of the 32-bit architecture. But whatever the reason most mods will require SKSE to work so until that is working I'm stuck with the original.

Bella

After watching a lot of Overwatch of Twitch last spring I was reminded how much I love TF2 ... I've pretty much been on a hopeless TF2 kick ever since. HMU if you want to play with me, I'm always looking for more TF2 buddies. :P

Played Bioshock Infinite last fall and that was pretty much the most my mind has been melted by a game since Portal 2... right now I'm playing Half-Life 2.

Nichi

I haven't played any of the Bioshock games; I did have a copy of the second at one point, that I found lying in the parking lot at Gamestop, but the disc was pretty rough; it crashed during the opening cut scene.

Lately, I've juggled various games; primarily, Pokémon Moon (I just finished the 5th Island Trial; nearly finished with the game, I think), Kirby: Planet Robobot (This is the first Kirby game since the one on N64 that I've gotten this deep into; I could barely put it down), and LandStalker (Anyone that remembers my "Penti Tries MegaDrive" series I did in this topic a few years back might remember me mentioning this one)

EDIT: I had to remember how to BBCode -w-;;

LeaflameSD

I bought Pokemon Moon in September, got it a day before everyone else did (in the UK), and... lost the game weeks later. Fffffffffuck

Other than that, I've been playing Final Fantasy XV on my PS4.

Bella

Really can't recommend Bioshock Infinite enough. Visually it's absolutely stunning and storyline-wise it's remarkably plothole-free. I went into it expecting a lot of things and it managed to flip all that on its head in the best way possible.

Plus it may've given me a thing for Edwardian era aesthetics. ;)

LeaflameSD

Preordered Yooka-Laylee and now I'm going to get Tales of Berseria and Digimon World: Next Order

Nichi

Sweet; let me know if Yooka-Laylee is any good. I almost backed it on Kickstarter, but I was already a backer on A Hat in Time (A similar game that launched on Kickstarter first), and wanted to wait until the one I backed was released (Which is supposed to finally be released this year, after a long development cycle)