/!\ IMPORTANT /!\ OSTan needs you !

Started by Fedora-Tan, April 20, 2016, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: Bella on July 03, 2016, 01:28:59 PMAlright, I just donated. :)

Thanks !!

Quote from: Tenkohime on July 03, 2016, 05:14:46 PMI haven't posted here in, like, 5ever, but I'm still interested in OS-tan. Is there a way to give more than $5 at a time? If so, how?

If some ppl really consider that, i can put a bigger amount but at the moment i'm struggling with the new server and my extremely thin free time to keep what is working afloat :) I'll post there when i came with something bigger, if anyone wants.

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: Red-Machine on July 03, 2016, 09:03:58 PMGlad to see the forum is back up, though it's looking a little different than I remember!  I just purchased a subscription, so you should have a little more in your coffers now.

Thanks too !

That's really heart warming. Don't forry about the look, the ostan icons and such will come back, just i need 5 minutes to do it :) Keep in mind that if i have a list of to-do things i will forget less of them :) So far it's mostly icons i have to put back (main forum, ranks, etc.)

Fedora-Tan

I fixed / setup the mail server there so now it should work (have to go work, i didn't really have the time to test it ^^; )

Fedora-Tan

Good news ! I changed internet provider and i got my internet back today. I will then be able to complete ostan restore this week end :D

LeaflameSD

Bella

Quote from: Fedora-Tan on July 08, 2016, 01:12:26 AMGood news ! I changed internet provider and i got my internet back today. I will then be able to complete ostan restore this week end :D

Woohoo! I'm glad to hear it!

Quote from: Ye Olde Swagfag on July 08, 2016, 04:53:30 AMthe new look is pretty disorienting

I'm pretty sure this is just the default SMF theme and when Fedora restores everything we'll get the other theme back.

I do really like the like button and quick edit option, I hope we can keep those if possible/easy.

Fedora-Tan

It's the new version of the forum, if you have anything missing / suggests i can see if i can do something about it

@Bella : Yes, i'll try more to bring back some style things to new version rather than losing features (i just have to remember the old theme looks, that's the more difficult so don't hesitate to point out what's missing :p )

Bella

Quote from: Fedora-Tan on July 08, 2016, 12:32:43 PMIt's the new version of the forum, if you have anything missing / suggests i can see if i can do something about it

@Bella : Yes, i'll try more to bring back some style things to new version rather than losing features (i just have to remember the old theme looks, that's the more difficult so don't hesitate to point out what's missing :p )

I probably have some screenshots lying around if you need a reference!

At this point I'm mostly missing the old header image, it really gave the site some flavor....

I'm also wondering how difficult it would be to implement user-selectable themes for the forum at some point in the future (for instance a light daytime theme and dark nighttime theme), since I've seen it done on other forums. Right now I'm just mostly looking forward to the wiki being put back online, since I've had the urge to work on that.

Fedora-Tan

Sure, it's just still transfering data - about 600Gb so it takes a while (there's not only ostan). It's easier for me so i can work on all at the same time and not have to worry if i uploaded that part or not.

Technically speaking, wiki and gallery are already uploaded on the server, so as soon as the full transfer finishes, i'll work on that. There should not be major issues except php version not being the same on old server and new one (php7 - that's why i had to upgrade the forum actually)

For your suggests no it doesn't look too hard to do, i'll look into that after having put back gallery and wiki. Screenshots can help to bring back old look but it's also nice to talk about what is really wanted back so i don't bother to move useless things :)

Thanks !

stewartsage

Glad you've managed to jump-start the old girl, Fedora-dono!

Tenkohime

I don't think it's disorienting. It's just default looking. I'm glad to see things aren't crashing and burning. C:

Fedora-Tan

There is an excessively bothering database crash which happens regularly, i'm investigating it...

Fedora-Tan

EXCESSIVELY long and boring maintenance today on the server V______________V
Took me the whole day, i guess it was not what i planned for the day off.
I guess i progressed still, as what is done seems stable at least.

P.S. : Sorry for maintenance dowtime. Did you meet my Maintenance Rabbit while i was toying with server ?

To be frankly honnest i was going to send all to hell at some point, but i thought it wouldn't be faire for ppl who donated, so you can surely thank them :D (and i do, also)

Nichi

I was wondering what was going on. Which, Bella told me she's having some trouble logging back in; it acts like it tries, but then she isn't logged in, and the password reset doesn't seem to work.

Fedora-Tan

It works for me, please use my email fedora-tan@ostan-collections.net if you encounter any problems, i'd be happy to help.