Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Welcome :3

If it makes you feel better, I bought a 98-tan doujin, but never could find someone to translate it. I do still have the physical copy and the raw scans floating around, though

alfonso_rd_30

Chocofreak13

hi there! nice to have some fresh meat around these parts. don't lurk, come in and say hi! we don't chat about OS-tan stuff as much as we used to, but we're a friendly bunch and it's nice to have more people to talk to about just about anything. ^^

you can call me Choco or Kari, i answer to both. been here since 08' (my OSCversary's in about a month, actually! :0 ), and my favourite -tans actually tend to be the -kuns, they get so little love. ;v; (i've cosplayed as a few OS-tans, though, most recently Homeko. :0 )

you'll get a lot of love and companionship here if you're into building or figs. i was actually considering doing some custom BJDs at one point modeled after the OS-tans. :0

also, like Pent, i have a doujin from a con 2 years ago. it's XP-tan, though. ^^
click to make it bigger

tzdt

@everyone who's replied so far: Thank you!

@choco : It's still school season, so I won't be finishing soon, but at least I've started! Then there's also the shipgirls from Kantai Collection who are just begging to be made...
Decisions, decisions...

Oh, and about those doujins, mind letting me have a look? Thanks in advance!

Pitkin

Hiya and welcome tzdt. ^-^ (Hi alfonso as well, long time no see.)

You're already more active on the forum than I, that's a good start!

edit: On the subject of doujins, I've got two of those as well. They must date from 10 years ago, though.

edit2: Legos <3 They used to be a passion of mine, but I gave them all away when I moved on my own... again around ten years ago.

Chocofreak13

@pit: new avatar yay!! :D

also that's sad about the legos. i think mine were stolen around 10 years ago as well, i still miss them. ;^;

@TZDT: hah, you're still in school, awesome. also what Pitkin said, expect all doujins to be OLD.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@tzdt: I'll try to dig out my scans of it and upload it to the gallery later

tzdt

Aaaahh, so many old members replied! Is this the feeling of getting the notice of senpais?? *blushes*

I'm young, yes ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ - doesn't mean you can pick on me!

@pitkin & choco : Lego is a treasure! And whoever stole all those is a real big meanie. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ

Thanks penti! I'll be waiting for that!

Chocofreak13

Senpai will notice you more if you post in more areas of the forum. :0

also, it was likely my dad. he has a tendency to throw my things out unless i keep them in my room, considering them "junk" or "in his way" or that he's "doing me a favour because i don't need them anymore". >>;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

@tzdt: Oh hello, tzdt! Hope my belated welcome is welcome. Welcome! :P

@Pitkin & @tzdt: I rather love legos actually. Will usually tinker around with them when I get the chance. If I was made of money I'd buy the mindstorms kit (always wanted one), and maybe some of their nicer kits; Also, a bucket-o-lego; Can't go wrong with that. Alas, I am not.

@Choco: Well that's rather awful. I wonder if he realizes how much lego actually cost (they're costly little things)...
Official -tans are my bat signal.

LeaflameSD

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

@dustii: he has no regard for worth of items he tosses. as far as he's concerned, it's all junk. i had a full Harry Potter set and several buckets of 90's legos i bought off my cousin. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Generally, my dad was fine, but often times he'd get pissed off and threaten to do things like that, such as throw away my Game Boy because I was getting pissed off at it...and mom snapped at me when I had the audacity to "talk back" to him by pointing out how expensive it is (Even though mom liked to hold it over my head "DAT COSTS MONEY" when I "waste" food or accidentally break a cup. I recall a failed experiment of mine resulting in the loss of maybe $.50 worth of ice cream out of this $4 tub...so she decided she wasn't going to pay me the $20 she owed me as punishment).

I could go on, but I'm more focused on making my inventory lists right now; I'd rather not dwell on the bullshit I'll soon leave behind (Although, thankfully, my dad has mellowed out. Mom's generally still a bitch, though)

Chocofreak13

we're derailing the thread anyway. Welcome TZDT! now if only Ghost would post here, we'd all be up to speed! :0
click to make it bigger