What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

yeah, Kai is the preferred version of it these days (i agree with that opinion). as nostalgic as it is, having 5 episodes in a row of HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA to break up the plot got a little tedious. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Among people I know, Team Four Star's Dragonball Abridged is the preferred version -w-;;

Chocofreak13

fair enough. but with CANON works, Kai is the current accepted version.

been downloading Super Gals recently. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm attempting to resume the MapleStory anime. A new character has been introduced, and it feels like maybe it'll finally start picking up :\

Chocofreak13

http://kkanimereviews.blogspot.com/2015/03/kaiba.html

some of the people here might like this show. it's cute, it's political, it's existentialist, and it's a sci-fi love story.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I've begun the process of recovering the shows I had on that external that died on me. So far, I've recovered all of Kill la Kill (Including the rare, early version of episode 22; which featured a Japanese weather bulletin. Seems weird, but I found that kinda neat, in an Oddity Archive sort of way), and found that some of my more recently obtained anime has survived (The MapleStory anime, the episode 25 OVA of Kill la Kill, and AMV Hell 7).

Speaking of recently obtained, I managed to find a working torrent of the original Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA. I plan to watch and review it sometime, especially to go over its rather interesting history (The first 6 episodes came out in 1993, with a direct prequel released in 2000)

Goujer (she/her)

I haven't seen all of the OVA of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure I don't plan to as the anime now covers what the OVA already did. (and even more accurately) I'm not sure where you are in JoJo but I would watch the first two parts on Crunchyroll or wherever, then watch the OVA or the anime of part 3.

After that I would read the manga as JoJo gets increasingly better after part 2. I wish you a "Golden Experience".

Chocofreak13

^is what's been capturing my anime attention.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: I LOL'd at that xD

@Lego: TBH, the extent of my knowledge of Jojo comes from the arcade game, which was ported to Dreamcast and PS1 -w-;
I've heard the 2012 series is a lot better than the '93 OVA, so I'll likely try it out later on. Besides, maybe watching something other than the shitty MapleStory anime* will get me off my lazy butt and review something -w-;;

*For the record, I intend to eventually finish my review of it, once I make sure I didn't lose my notes and half-finished review. Of what I've seen so far, I can see why the most interesting thing the Japanese Wikipedia had to say about it was "it came on after Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Goujer (she/her)

Chocofreak13

i am cracking up so fucking much right now
thankyou

thankyou for this
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

QuoteYUKI.N: "It's fine. I probably made the fall look worse than it was when I was dodging."
I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING FOR ONE SECOND
BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS
WELL FUCKING PLAYED
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I'm thinking about getting back to watching UY. All I've seen was the first episode, a few years back -w-;

Chocofreak13

heh, it's stupid fun. if you need a pallet cleanser, i recommend it. ^^

been watching Tokimeki Tonight and Aishite Night and i am so fucking jazzed about it
click to make it bigger