Your favorite OS-tan

Started by FabianN, April 09, 2005, 10:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gui55

My favorite OS-tan is (as said in my signature) Windows Me! :) I like her because her best because I like to challenge myself as a hobby to try to install and emulate Windows Me in the enhanced DOSBox SVN builds. Also, I find her colors almost match Fujifilm's old advertising blimp when in the sky, which I think can kind-of relate to Windows Me's newly-enhanced media features like movie-maker! ;D

Chocofreak13

if i recall, there are also a few ME-exclusive games out there, so i know there are a couple enthusiasts that still hang on to her.

also, welcome new kid. go introduce yourself in Member Introductions, if you like. ^^
click to make it bigger

winduko

7.5-tan is tied with 95-tan, if only due to their rivalry being one of my favourite rivalries.

And I love me some rivals. :3

Chocofreak13

well, you DID stick them in the get-along shirt...
click to make it bigger

winduko

Should have seen it coming I guess. :3

Ah, if only I could get such things for the Sims 3.

Chocofreak13

google it? might be able to find some DLC.
click to make it bigger

Gui55

I can probably say, of all OS-tans, which of them is my least favorite too now that I've been doing more reading in the wiki. The shy 13-year-old Secchan! This is because I think she has a very violent way of fighting Homeo's relationship with FE-tan by hurting Homeo with a can-opener, though Secchan herself also has a crush on Homeo! :'(  But it sure makes for a pretty funny storyline though, like this one for example: https://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-2805  ;D

Chocofreak13

I like Secchan, though I also wonder where her ideas on how to relate to men may have come from. If we think about all the possibilities of where, it could be her twisted reaction to Hacchan's futa side. Perhaps there was some kind of trauma early on that coloured her views. It could also be, under the same reasoning, a reaction to her brothers' relationship with each other. It has been shown in artwork that they're rathe gay for each other (I'd show examples but I'm posting from my phone), so under the same trauma idea maybe she walked in on them doin' it and got all freaked out.

Or maybe she's just a psycho, who knows.
click to make it bigger

winduko

Mm. I ignore that part of Secchan in my fanon. I focus more on the wrestler side of her, seen in Nijikaku.

Edit: For the record, to replace that, I have Secchan, out of sisterly love, interfere with Hacchan's relationships.

After all, "All dicks must die!" can mean "All jerks must die!"

Chocofreak13

that's true. it could also be overprotective instinct, since Hacchan seems to be the more fragile of the twins (funny since it's the opposite with the brothers).
click to make it bigger

Bella

Given her hatred of dicks, one must wonder if Secchan is a TERF/radfem...

Chocofreak13

ugh, i sure as hell hope not.

and tbh i doubt it, since she doesn't really actively attack men as a whole, just homeo or sexually active males.
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

It just occurred to me I have never stated my favorite OS-tan, while it is tough for me to decide I would have to say ME-tan she is always funny, cheerful and always gives it her all.

As far as OS-kuns go I like XP-kun because he's cool, strong and kind.

Chocofreak13

you're meaning XP Pro-kun, yes? i assume yes.
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

Yes, not Homeo. But Homeo's cool in his own way.