Airsoft and Paintball!

Started by CaptBrenden, February 16, 2007, 09:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Seems like something people here may be interested in talking about.  And its a good opertunity to brag about the greengas blowback Desert eagle and m4 with 203 airsoft weapons I just got :D
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Myrdin

Ooh... You just opened a whole can o' werms with this subject.
This is one of several events from the Lion Claws series, many of which my team staffs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_dDVU7Wbaj4
My arsenal includes:
M14, M16A1, SR25, Two CZ75's, M1911, L86A2, M79, MP5A4, SteyrSSG, L85A1, M72LAW, M1 Thompson, MP5A5, AK104, and some others in the closet.
For scenario and reenacting games I maintain the following impressions:
Early-war Vietnam Air Cav, Vietnam SOG, British Royal Marines temperate and desert, SADF recon, Russian Sapper, WWII 2nd ID, Generic SWAT, Soviet Chemical Troops, Generic Afghani, and miscellaneous partisan outfits.

The website isn't very impressive(and never updated), but we've run some of the largest airsoft games in the US if not the world:
http://saintjamesgrenadiers.com/

I played paintball for nine years. About five years ago I switched to Stock Class only play and then stopped playing completely two years after that. I couldn't get enough time off to go to the few remaining SC games and still run the airsoft games.

Alas, I've been traveling non-stop for about a year now and only gotten in a few games of airsoft.

Woo! 100th post get yarr!

NejinOniwa

Guns are for wussies.
You're better off sneaking up on your opponent and WHACKING, BACKSTABBING, THUMPING, SWORDING or maybe NINJA-ing them.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Myrdin

You can not stab me because my blood is made of lead azide.

Xyanide

wait...airsoft is like those BB-guns is it? shooting plastic pellets at one another?
that video was a bit...extreme...
I can understand the concept of playing soldier but I think you shouldn't do that when you're older than 14 -_-'

NejinOniwa

I agree. The irony in that, though, is that (where i live at least) you're not allowed to own or buy airsoft weapons if you're under 18 years old...teh stupid. XD
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

Oy.. are you two nuts? Airsoft is for one.. expensive. the guns you see at wallmart are at the extream low end.  Airsoft is like paintball, exept your guns are designed to function more realisticly.  you know, count your rounds, change magazines.  concidering you like WWII shooters xyanide i thought you would love the idea of running through a set up german village with a tompson.  Its a great physical activity and adrinalin rush. tell you, at 350 fps those bbs hurt.  anyone below the age of 18 is more likely to dick around witht hem and shoot their brother in the eye.

also.. its training.  While i was still active we did that for training.  Seriosly, its one thing to practive clearing a building with blanks.. another compleatly differnt thing when your actually being shot at, and you have to drag out causaltys and such.  you see how fast things go to hell in a hand basket and learn to react to it.

Sure there are a few things the military has that offer that kind of training.. such as Sim Rounds or Miles gear.. but one only fires IR Lazers and you dont know they are flying around your head untill your vest beeps.  the other.. sim rounds.. are live rounds that fire paint pellets instead. unless your wearing full body armor.. those things will leave tenis ball sized welts.  and they are extreamly expensive. catch one of those in they face without a mask you dont have an eye anymore

Myrdin

WWII? I missed this years big game:
http://www.battlesim.com/gallery.html

About half the people I know that play serious airsoft are active-duty military or PSD. About a quarter are retired military and the rest are like me; Just interested in strategy and tactics.

CaptBrenden

As in my case.  Im former marine, 5 years, deployed 3 times in a combat zone and have been in combat. For me its not "playing soldier"  its training and a great deal of fun.  Always a blast being able to do that stuff without the risk of dying but with enough realizum to it to still get the adrinalin rush.

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1445&catid= and if just added this to my collection :D  its in the mail!

CaptBrenden

Oh and today I went by my local seller.. and picked up a green gas blowback 40cal desert eagle.  Oh god I need to get out and shoot something with this baby!

zjhentohlauedy

Ooo. a 4ocal desert eagle. SHOOT SOMETHING. just don't shoot someone.... yet. :/
My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

woo hoo, this is the best pistol I got!  slide even locks back after the last round XD  Im gonna go take a snap shot of it!

Added after 1 hours 25 minutes:

Aww bloody hell... there goes that.

I have to return it tommarow.... -_- good thing I went to do that test fire.. its defective.  Guess im gonna get that metal spetznaz AK after all...

Went to do a test fire.. racked the weapon.. and the round rolled out of the barrell.. just rolled out.  and airsofter or paintballist knows what that means. did a quick feild strip and inspect of the weapon to be sure... and sure enough the peice that holds the round in place in the chamber was missing.  rounds just roll out and they dont recive enought gas to fire more then a food.

fuck.

Myrdin

Metal AK? It wouldn't happen to be a VFC, would it? If it is then I highly recommend it. What store is this that you go to?

CaptBrenden

It called ED surplus.. only store in the area i know of that sells high end guns.  anywhere else you go youll find the same shitty clear plastic POSes.  

Anyhow, there are 2 AKs there Im looking at. One is a standard AK 47, metal body and gear box, synthetic stock and grips, 300fps.  the second one is a "spetznas"  which looks like a much shorter version. same deal... metal body with synthetic grips.. but this one is 400fps.  the differnce between the two is about 80 bucks.

here is a picture i found, but the one in stock has a solid tradtional stock.

zjhentohlauedy

My my, aren't you lovely~