Dr. Kraus

Quote from: stewartsage on March 16, 2015, 02:23:53 PM
Yandere Simulator

>tfw you've worked with Yandere-dev some of the time
>tfw This is an awesome game
>tfw everyone should play the early builds and support yandere-dev

Chocofreak13

i support it, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna play it. >__>;;

my house in Starbound. i accidentally left the cursor over my character's face, sorry bout that. i moved a lamp or two (put a chest under the stairs on the second floor where that torch is, and moved the torch under the third floor stairs, also put the basement torch on the wall under 2nd fl stairs and put a Floran Light (green wall sconce) on the basement/1st floor ceiling), but otherwise everything's the same. there's a barn to the right of the house with farm, and a garden to the left with fountain. both have statues because why the fuck not. started terraforming the planet a bit, too; putting in non-native trees and putting in random ponds along the surface. found an uninhabited mine. besides the animals, i'm the only one that lives here, lol.

EDIT: so i'm being given a 3DSXL.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: Yay!

If you're interested in trying anything from my collection, let me know; I might let you borrow the Adventure Time game or perhaps even Super Princess Peach, whenever you're finished with Rhapsody :3

Chocofreak13

not gonna lie, i haven't even started Rhapsody yet. my con clock went off a few days ago so now i'm scrambling to prepare for AB while helping the kids prepare for Toshocon. ;^;
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Alright. Since this doesn't exactly belong in the random picture thread, I thought I'd post this here. I found a relic from a time past.

2003.... Wow...
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

2003? Try 1992 (The one on the left, obviously) -w-

winduko

http://postimg.org/image/7crfcmgev/

This is a game from 1993 (though clearly bought around or after 1995).

Cockleshell

i think I still have my Pharaoh CD somewhere. It might have been a floppy so that's lost to the mists of time and my basement.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

LeaflameSD

Behold... the first Nintendo DS console I ever owned. My Mom got it for me on my 6th birthday. To this  day I still own and treasure it even though it doesn't work anymore because of water damage (weirdly it still turns on then off instantly after the screen lights up).

I even remember the game I was playing when I dropped it in a puddle (;_;); Puyo Pop Advance.

Chocofreak13

the Puyo games always looked fun. sorry it doesn't work anymore bro. ;^;

@pent: you're reminding me of that Tomb Raider game i had for PS1 and never got past the training area and lost. :0
@cocks: the good old days! when i was in middle school and walked around quoting Red vs Blue. -w-

as most people know, my computer is ded. so, no more Steam games for the time being. but on the upside, Animoo Crossin': Fresh Salad.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: I used to have the first Tomb Raider game. Controls were clunky, but IMO it wasn't too bad. Never cared much for the rest of the series, though.

@Leaf: I used to have one of the Puyo Pop games (Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine), but never got into it. I couldn't beat the second stage of arcade mode ^^;

Nichi

Pardon the double post, but after taking a break for a few weeks, I'm finally back to Penti Tries MegaDrive; picking up from where we last left off.

27: Phelios

I'll be honest, the reason I tried this was due to misreading the title as Phelous. The game itself is a vertical shmup (Think more like 1942 or Touhou) based loosely on Green mythology, and is decent, but it doesn't stand out enough for me to want to track it down.

28: Sub-Terrania

For years, all I knew of this game was its presence in a lot of Genesis games on eBay meant it was going to go for amounts of money far beyond the reach of a broke middle school student...and that I passed on getting a copy of it at a garage sale fairly cheap, on grounds of "not Sonic = not interested" (As, back in those days, my main concern with collecting for any Sega system was was finding the Sonic games I didn't have). The game itself is interesting, in that it seems to be a free-roaming shooter...but the controls kill it for me; it's hard for me to get a clear shot on an enemy when I have to keep moving, as letting off the accelerator causes me to descend, and hitting the rocks below will kill you before you can even figure out how to get back up. Not really worth it, although the soundtrack is badass.

29: Toejam & Earl

After playing a demo of the 3rd and final game in the series, and not really caring much for it, I still kinda wanted to check out the previous games in the series; given fans hated the 3rd installment. However, I tried the first one, and honestly couldn't get into it; it seems interesting, but it's a bit too slow-paced. The game is basically a giant scavenger hunt; with you exploring the world, trying to find the pieces of your broken spaceship, so you can repair it and return home. I can see why people like it, but I find it kinda slow, and a bit cryptic (It feels like one of those games that you really need the instructions in order to play). However, it does have a funky soundtrack, so there's that.

30: Sonic Eraser (MegaNet)

Behold; the only Genesis Sonic game I've never played...likely due to it never leaving Japan, and also being exclusive to the long-defunct Sega MegaNet service (Japan's equivelant to the US' Sega Channel, and comparable to modern services like Xbox Live or PlayStation Network). Much like the Phantasy Star II visual novels released on MegaNet, this game was nearly lost to time due to being exclusive to an obscure service that barely lasted a year, but by a miracle, managed to survive and is easily avaliable online. As for the game itself...it's a rather generic puzzle game; feeling sort of like Columns, with the only connection to Sonic being that Sonic appears in it (You could just as easily replace Sonic with any other video game character of the era, like Mario, and it wouldn't make a difference). Also, the music is terrible; it's like a 5-second loop of the same grating tune over and over (Which is what my sister claims all Sonic games sound like >>; ). Given this game has never had an official cartridge release, if you want to check it out, you can find it avaliable for download if you search around; it's decent enough to warrant that much, but I couldn't imagine paying for a cartridge of it.

Chocofreak13

did they even MAKE cartridges of it? :\

two words. Animoo Crossing. been playing less than a week and i've already amassed a large collection of furniture and payed for 6 home upgrades with a 7th on the way. the key to financial success is to go to the island at 3am and stock up on fish and bugs until you have no more space for stuff.
click to make it bigger