Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winduko

Quote from: sks963 on December 03, 2014, 06:54:14 PM
@winduko:Agree,the sim4 is a reject ,it even didn't have the swimming pool at the first edition

I know. I find the idea of Sims swimming to be immensely important for some reason. I also find toddlers important. Both are good reasons why I chose 3 over 4.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 03, 2014, 07:29:02 PM
much like D&D, the sims seems to have tweaked one too many things in their "upgrade" to 4, an "upgrade" that technically wasn't really necessary. i suppose if they work out the bugs it won't be as bad; according to my sis they upgraded the AI and the facial motions. they also have done a lot with skin, eye, and hair tone, meaning the range is much more diverse than it was. you can also customize the decks, pools, etc now rather than working with set standards. they function the same way as walls and fences, where you click and drag.

That's good, but I know that there are some hair colours I know that I want, but can't have in 4, while I can have them in 3.

Honestly, the colour picking of hair colour and (?) skin colour is definitely a major reason why I chose 3 over 4. The open world is another reason.

Nichi

Another reason why 3 is better than 4 is the fan-made violence mod, among other things -w-

Chocofreak13

i died a little inside when i saw that, pent. the rest of me was laughing so hard i'm in tears now. also RIP kirby.

EDIT: also, nice story. if i recall i think my copy of paperboy was sourced from the local video store, and my copy of Bust-a-Move 99 (while not from the local one) was also from the chain. ^^
click to make it bigger

winduko

I need that violence mod. I can use it in many ways.

Krizonar

http://puu.sh/dgCD6.mov

No comment.
I think my enemy was a potato.

Chocofreak13

i see. also, i see that you linked a video i had to download because i tried to open it in a new tab and that just wasn't working.

@kodomo: OS-tan battle to the death?
click to make it bigger

winduko

Hell yeah. I like me some Sim fights. Especially some OS-Sim fights.

In The Sims 2, more often than not, 2k and XP would fight. Only those two fought, for some reason. Even when I had 95 and System 7 potentially interacting. This is before I realized I was god in that game, and I could make them fight. 2k and XP fighting on their own is amusing though.

Part of the reason why I want 3 is because it's the only Sims game with the open world, which would allow OS-Sims of all kinds to interact. Fights of all kinds happen as a result.

SoldierSpence

What I've been playing lately: Smash on the 3DS. That is all. Also, I want the Wii U version sooooooooooooooo bad right now.

I hope your ready!

Chocofreak13

i want to play goat simulator so badly. Steam Train demands it.

also Steve has gotten me into grumps. like, i'm watching it of my own free will now. guess i'll have to get him into korean pop as revenge.

@kodomo: if you can video capture this, i see the beginning of a beautiful web series.
@spence: another smasher! pent plays and so does my boyfriend, Steve. ^^
click to make it bigger

winduko

How actually convenient. I was planning on making some kind of machinima or web comic about the OS-Sims.

I'll get some kind of pilot episode planned. If anyone has fights they wish to see, let me know. There is actually an email just for this at operatingsystemsims@gmail.com

Edit: I don't actually give a damn if you send it there or not. Just as long as you know I'll see it, it can be sent to that email address I used to access the Windows Store on my phone and I won't give a crap.

LeaflameSD

haven't played video games in a while actually

sks963

SE:look!the final fantasy7 really return on PS4,no thanks!hahahaahahhahaah
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Chocofreak13

SK: if i understand you correctly, you're laughing at Final Fantasy 7 coming to PS4. and i agree. the idea is stupid. (no one messes with my old school characters. >>;; )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed; I generally don't have a problem with remakes*, but they really shouldn't remake FF7, or FF6 for that matter.
*There are exceptions, such as Diddy Kong Racing DS (Which was an unholy abomination that killed my respect for Rare as a developer) or Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis (An absolute trainwreck of a port, that doesn't even manage to be so bad it's unintentionally hilarious like its counterpart, Sonic '06)

sks963

I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.