Windows Vista

Started by Laevatein, February 08, 2007, 05:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

The pig dosent support vista?   Noooo Waaay!  Thats a shocker!! I would have never seen that comming :P  

If you had supported it I would have expected to see clouds of locus out side and my tap running blood.  Maybe a few firey hail stones.  

Anyhow, I personaly like the interface, but seems a little macish.  and as for feature you dont use... thats your issue.  If you provide someone with a hammer and they want to continue using a rock.. thats their problem.  Tools are ment to be used.  

And the wait complaint... why do people keep saying that?  What did you WANT to have to replace and relearn your operating system a year after you bought it?  Hell thats why I jumped form 95 to ME, I really didnt need the one inbetween.  

Im not a huge supporter of it, but someone has to give a counter argument or things dont stay interesting. I also dont belive its as bad as everyone is complaining it is.. but some people bitch just to bitch.  Hey its another MS product, lets look up everying wroung with it and complain like hell! go mac, go linux!! Honestly I dont think most of you have even given it a chance.  But like it or not, its here, and microsoft is still around.

As for the cost argument.. I wouldnt know. That copy of ultimate Im using was free.  It pays to live with a computer consultant for a big company. Amazing how you can give something a fair test and run when you dont have any predispositions towards it, be it negitive sentiments about its manufacturer or  its price.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Xyanide

Well i'm definetly not going to use it yet, but hey here's some nice news for you:

I HAVE A WINDOWS VISTA DEMO POD AT SCHOOL :D

it actually belongs to the "Quantm College" side-branch (game design and developing) of the SAE but i'm sure they wouldn't mind if I gave it a spin ;)

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "C-chan"
Haha,... just be thankful I only have wings so far, but no green polkadots yet. ^^;
and you are not in NRW, are you?  ;003

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
Im not a huge supporter of it, but someone has to give a counter argument or things dont stay interesting. I also dont belive its as bad as everyone is complaining it is.. but some people bitch just to bitch.  Hey its another MS product, lets look up everying wroung with it and complain like hell! go mac, go linux!! Honestly I dont think most of you have even given it a chance.  But like it or not, its here, and microsoft is still around.

I have experienced it fail 2 tasks: open a .tar.gz file and resize a window properly. While the first can be solved by installing 3rd party software, the second really annoyed me. During resizing, the widget below the window was drawn and overpainted. It was annoying. And if bugs like that are not fixed, I shudder to see the number of other bugs and security leaks. not to mention that it phones home.

Just my 2 eurocents.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Spysweeper

So basically from what I've read Vista is a big waste of time

Tsubashi

No, Vista is a good operating system, but a bit extraneous. Test it out before you decide anything. I personally prefer other OS's, but my best friend adores Vista and has declared my room an "Abomination." All except for my Vista PC

QuoteAmazing how you can give something a fair test and run when you dont have any predispositions towards it, be it negitive sentiments about its manufacturer or its price.

True, but I didn't pay for mine either. Perhaps I am predisposed against it, but I did my best to approach it openly. Microsoft has, thus far, done well in dominating the market, and they do deserve credit. Besides, we wouldn't be having this discussion if M$ had made ME stable! ^^;
-Tsu

Spysweeper

I think i'll stick with xp for a good while Vista can wait for now.  But I'll Torrent it one day and if I don't like it I'll just get rid of it.

nobody

I ain't going to change to Vista. If I found the nuts to change my OS, I will look for a Linux distro. I know Linux isn't as supported as Win, but (at least) I will not waste my money in a sucking OS.

Tsubashi

QuoteI think i'll stick with xp for a good while Vista can wait for now

Good choice. If I had to pay, I'd still be running Win 2000.

QuoteIf I found the nuts to change my OS, I will look for a Linux distro

Better choice, as long as your not looking for games that is. (Note: My opinion only)
-Tsu

Nidas

http://www.respectsakura.org/2007/02/10/genuinely-disadvantaged-or-goddamn-you-microsoft/

Interesting reading for anyone thinking of "upgrading" to Vista in the near future. Certainly making me think twice

Laevatein

Hmmm that's quite a problem there... although I'd have to look for more reviews of Vista before I make up my mind.

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Silentbob

Not going to install Vista anytime soon, since 3D performance is generally lower as the OS and drivers are so new.  XP works fine for me for the time being, and since I don't have any DX10 hardware, there's no rush, really.   It did after all take about 2.5 years before I went from Win2k to WinXP.  =P

Lovee

one thing very difficult for users is that vista has too many versions to choose which one to use>_<
i guess maybe vista-tan could be not only one tan just like XP^o^

Kami-Tux

Like Linux-tan and the distro-tans, you mean?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Guybrush

My computer blew recently so my new one will be ready to run Vista hardware wise - I'll probably wait a little longer before actually switching to it though
To quote an old friend:  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Laevatein

... I think I may have to postpone my Vista installation for next month... damn OEM's aren't even expected to have Vista anytime this month here -_-;;;

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman