What is the origin of your nickname?

Started by Exa, January 03, 2007, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerodin

This was originally the name of my ill-fated late 90s shareware company.

NejinOniwa

It...it's not...it's not a nickname. Not really.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Lovee

eh... how to say...
i've already forgot why made this word my nickname... it's a story happend long long ago... and now, every nickname of any forums or IMs of mine u can see is "Lovee"...

Kami-Tux

Well, the Kami-tux is my favorite OS-tan. And I am rather partial to anything Linux anyways.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

redrackham

My nickname is from..........................
Can you guess it ?
Life is the most complex OS and system ever.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........!!!!!!!!

Life power rules !!!!

Pitkin

Quote from: "redrackham"My nickname is from..........................
Can you guess it ?

Tintin's adventures! ^o^

Welcome all new members, by the way. ^^;

redrackham

@Pitkin
Yeah ! You're right !!!!
Congratulation ! Mwehehehehehe.........

Ok....thanks nice to meet you.
Life is the most complex OS and system ever.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........!!!!!!!!

Life power rules !!!!

CaptBrenden

Pitkin should explain his nickname of pervyglasses T_T
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Pitkin

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Pitkin should explain his nickname of pervyglasses T_T

Now that's an easy one: the story behind is the infamous The Cauldron Who Called the Kettle Black. T_T

Stoy

My nick comes from a swedish comedy, where a guide shows a Castle for some tourists. He means to speak in english but actually it's no language at all. During the tour of the castle he says "stoy on" many times. They did supply a small dictionary so that you could read what he wanted to say.
There I found out that "stoy on" meant "look out" or "look up" (in swedish the phrase "se upp" can mean either "look out" or "look up".).
Since I had begun to get good at Unreal Tournament (the first game) I thought that it would be quite suitable to have a name that meant "look out" and at the same time looked a bit wierd.

Then I registered at a swedish forum, after a couple of posts i read about IRC and their channel there and I downloaded an IRC client, after about a week of chatting they stopped calling me "Stoy on" and just "Stoy". About 3 months later there was a getting together IRL i Stockholm and everyone called me Stoy.
Since then I have always used the nick Stoy.

That is my story.
Nobody of the resistance

Kami-Tux

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Kyo26

mine came from the anime Samurai Deeper Kyo and 26 is generally the day i was born   ;028

Eggman

Should be pretty obvious, but I chose my nickname 'cos I'm a mad keen Sonic fan. I even bought and finished Shadow the Hedgehog.

CaptBrenden

I used to be an dedicated reader to the sonic comics back in the day.. i dont even know if they are producing them anymore tho.. humm
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.