Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

guys, for once I actually have something POSITIVE to post here.

http://wildhunt.org/2014/01/wicca-in-the-cultural-spotlight.html

thoughts, feelings? and I know we've asked this before (but I forgot), but, what religion do you practice (if you don't mind me asking)?
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Personally, I'm agnostic.

Like, I don't practice any religion, but I don't outright doubt God's existence.

Nichi

That's actually quite cool :3

As for my religion, I suppose one could label me as agnostic, although sometimes I jokingly say my religion is Haruhism. I was raised in a Southern Baptist family, and while I have no problem with Christianity, I find it hard to associate myself with it; mostly because it's been ruined for me by bigots such as my mom and her side of the family :\

NejinOniwa

I practice zealously a religion and hold a firm belief in the existence of myself.

After all, if one is his own deity, no wish is too great to be sought power to grant, and fulfill.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Krizonar

I don't mind.

I'm Christian and not a bigot, I love everyone!

Chocofreak13

@genpop: cool, cool. ^^
@nej: did not realize you were Satanist, also cool. :0
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

That's quite incorrect, my minion.

All will be apparent in due time, however.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

saw a clip of that today on the news, fuck yeah Disney channel for once in like, 10 fucking years. usually their shows suck but this is awesome.

@nej: I've heard the core of Satanism described (by Satanists) to be the worship of oneself, ie: YOU are god. the church, not one for putting the individual above the Almighty Glow Cloud, demonized any sort of self-worship as "Satanism" in an attempt to ruin it. they kinda just rolled with it, however, and the name stays.

anyone who says they "worship the devil" is a faker and deserves to have their little pussy poser ass kicked.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@DisneyChannel: Indeed. This is one of the coolest things they've done since the first 2 seasons of So Weird (Before that, when they aired reruns of the old '50s Zorro series)

@Satanism: My mom is likely one of the ones that believe they worship the devil. Granted, she thinks the same of every religion that isn't Judio-Christian :\

Chocofreak13

she thinks Buddhists sacrifice goats.

granted, I have no proof that she feels this way, but it sounds rather accurate.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

IDK if she does, but that does seem like something she'd claim :\

DustiiWolf

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 28, 2014, 02:08:40 AM
As for my religion, I suppose one could label me as agnostic, although sometimes I jokingly say my religion is Haruhism. I was raised in a Southern Baptist family, and while I have no problem with Christianity, I find it hard to associate myself with it; mostly because it's been ruined for me by bigots such as my mom and her side of the family :\

Haruhi* is thy god and Madoka is our lord and savior. Praise be thy names. Amen.

Joking aside, i consider myself agnostic. I like the idea of creation and "God", but i don't accept it as fact and am open to different ideas. I do, however, have some theories on "God" and creation and all that, such as God, i think, if he exist(s/ed), would be an other-dimensional being, existing in an outer dimension from our own (such as the 4th), explaining a lot about his abilities.

* Suzumiya
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

Our Haruhi
Who art in North High
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy Espers Come,
Thy will be fun,
In this Reality, as it is in that Other One.
Give us this day, our daily Alien Hunt,
And forgive us our normals,
as we forgive those normals around us.
Lead us not into damnation,
but deliver us a new world.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 29, 2014, 02:41:15 PM
Our Haruhi
Who art in North High
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy Espers Come,
Thy will be fun,
In this Reality, as it is in that Other One.
Give us this day, our daily Alien Hunt,
And forgive us our normals,
as we forgive those normals around us.
Lead us not into damnation,
but deliver us a new world.

Amen.
Official -tans are my bat signal.