Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

I get the feeling it may end up that way. >>;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Only three hundred more kills to a thousand on my Beggar's Bazooka (The Peoria Rocket).

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

SoldierSpence

@Choco- Yep. Looks like it.

Quick question: has anyone played Muramasa: The Demon Blade? Or the re-release on the Vita?

I hope your ready!

LeaflameSD

Nichi

@Spence: I have. In fact, I own the Wii version :3

SoldierSpence

@Leaf- You should give the game a shot. It's a fun Hack & Slash Platformer with some RPG elements. That's the best I can describe it.

@Pent- Me too. Very fun game, though I wish the controls and translation were a bit better. I have read that the Vita version does fix those problems, and Aksys Games (the publisher of the Vita version) recently released a DLC pack.

I hope your ready!

LeaflameSD

@Spence: OK, I'll keep it in mind.

Currently playing MMBN5: Team Protoman. Why is this game so gooooood~?

Nichi

Bought Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! for 3DS earlier. I love it >w<

LeaflameSD

109 FUCKING POINTS ON FLAPPY BIRD FUCK YEAH

Simonorged

Pokemon x
Bravely default: Demo
Simon was here :P

Nichi

So, some games I recently played, and my thoughts on them:

- Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (Game Boy)
This game sucks. A shame, as the N64 one is one of the system's hidden gems, but the one on Game Boy feels like they just didn't care. It's very difficult, but for all the wrong reasons (Poor hit detection, enemies don't drop healing items, inns and stores are few and far between, and there are random crap minigames thrown in just to frustrate you further). I actually managed to power through this somehow, but unfortunately my progress came to a halt by a minigame late into the second-to-last chapter; a whack-a-mole game that uses every button on your Game Boy (Yes, even Start and Select), gives you 90 seconds to hit as many octopi as possible, and they conveniently neglect to tell you that hitting the jellyfish will give you a 2-second penalty. I eventually just said "screw it" and gave up on the game; it's more an embarrassing footnote in the short-lived English history of the Ganbate Goemon franchise :\

- Sneak King (Xbox 360)
Ah, yes; the infamous Burger King Trilogy on Xbox 360. Legendary for how bad they are, to the point that Gamestop issued out a company-wide e-mail shortly after these games came out, telling their stores "do not accept these games for trade; they are worthless". Yet, somehow a copy of Sneak King found its way into the local Gamestop, and given it was $.50 after my employee discount, I decided to try it out. Honestly, this game is so stupid it's honestly hilarious; the idea is that you're playing as the King, sneaking around to surprise people with hamburgers and other BK menu items. It's a game I'd suggest trying at least once for a good laugh xD

- Sonic 3 Complete (Sega Genesis\MegaDrive - fan-made hack)
Given that the 20th anniversary of the original Sonic 3 was earlier this month, I decided to try out a ROM hack I heard about; which makes some tweaks to Sonic 3 to enhance it. Honestly, this hack is fucking amazing; it offers a lot of customization in the options menu, allowing you to do just about anything (Want to move Flying Battery forward so that you play it earlier in the game, have the game's title screen use the Sonic 1 theme song, have the game use the physics from the PS3 port of Sonic CD, or even change certain zones to use the music from the PC version. All of that, in a Genesis\MegaDrive compatible form). This honestly manages to be the best version of the game to date; one I highly suggest checking out.

LeaflameSD

Quote from: LeaflameSD on February 08, 2014, 02:14:04 PM
109 POINTS ON FLAPPY BIRD FUCK YEAH
It was 140+ a few days ago... but Flappy Bird isn't relevant anymore.

LeaflameSD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on February 11, 2014, 06:30:16 PM
- Sonic 3 Complete (Sega Genesis\MegaDrive - fan-made hack)
Given that the 20th anniversary of the original Sonic 3 was earlier this month, I decided to try out a ROM hack I heard about; which makes some tweaks to Sonic 3 to enhance it. Honestly, this hack is fucking amazing; it offers a lot of customization in the options menu, allowing you to do just about anything (Want to move Flying Battery forward so that you play it earlier in the game, have the game's title screen use the Sonic 1 theme song, have the game use the physics from the PS3 port of Sonic CD, or even change certain zones to use the music from the PC version. All of that, in a Genesis\MegaDrive compatible form). This honestly manages to be the best version of the game to date; one I highly suggest checking out.
It sounds so much better than any compilation Sega has ever made.

Nichi

Indeed. Granted, people in the Sonic hacking scene are very talented; often putting Sonic Team to shame -w-