Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 23, 2014, 01:28:18 PM@Cockle: Never played Eve, but I remember seeing it advertized ages ago. Any good?

Everything I know about EVE I learned from Cracked articles about dick moves in gaming, and ridiculously expensive in-game items.

stewartsage

So what can OSC tell me about the DS Final Fantasy games because there was one on sale from K-Mart.

Nichi

If it's The 4 Warriors of Light or Final Fantasy III, I'd be interested if it's not too expensive (I'd throw in some money with your Christmas gift to pay you back...once I know where to send it -w-; ). I've heard many say those two are the best; 4 Warriors being an original story and spiritual predecessor to the recently released Bravely Default, while FF3 on DS is currently the only way to experience that game in English short of buggy fan translations of the Famicom version.

Oh, and there's a remake of FF4 for DS. To be honest, I hate the art style and advise people to get the superior PSP version (Which stays closer to the Super NES style of the original).

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 25, 2014, 10:38:20 PM
recently released Bravely Default

But it isn't released until Feb 7th... the demo is out though and its really really good.

Nichi

Well, out everywhere in the world but the US for about a month -w-;
(Came out everywhere else in early December)

Chocofreak13

@pent, Re: D&D: if he can find it, get 3.5. Gary Gygax himself approved that version as "perfect" before he died, and honestly, it has a lot of superiourities to 4.0 (and it's not just me saying that, most people I know who have played both prefer 3.5).

if you want, I can get a list of the books you'd need to run 3.5 and list them for you here, I'm willing to bet you could find them used for about the same price. -w-
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 25, 2014, 10:48:08 PM
Well, out everywhere in the world but the US for about a month -w-;
(Came out everywhere else in early December)

*Activate obnoxious American Mode* BUT DA USA IS THE WORLD WE ARE #1, THE BEST, #1 #1, WE ARE THE BEST, THE ONLY, THE BEST, #1, #1!!

Nichi

xD

@Kari: I'll suggest 3.5 to him -w-

Chocofreak13

do eet. you'll need at least the Player's Handbook, the Monster Manual, and the Dungeon Master's Guide. everything after that is gravy.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

3.5 is the superior D&D version, though I do have the original box set as well.  Once I find it.

It was something Chrystal Chronicles?  Maybe?

Nichi

Ah. Crystal Chronicles. Forgot that existed -w-;;

Chocofreak13

lol.

god D&D is complicated. ><;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

It really, really tends to bore me quickly but then again fantasy stories in general bore me.  There's got to be enough fluff that interests me to make doing rules and mechanics worth it.

Chocofreak13

that's what drew me to changeling initially, but D&D was my first. -w-

I wish we could get a game going again, but that'll never happen. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

TBH I don't see Changeling resuming until after I move up there, and we do everything locally :\