Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Spence: I need to get the Ratchet & Clank trilogy again; starting with a replacement for my copy of Going Commando, which I can't finish due to a scratch causing the game to crash when loading the next planet

SoldierSpence

@Pent- Sorry to hear that.
Just as a heads up- most (if not all) the cutscences have a slight bit of lag at the end. In Up Your Arsenal, the cutscene that plays before you go to the planet to fight Courtney Gears, it become horribly desynchronized. You'll see what I mean once you get there.

I hope your ready!

Nichi

Is that on the original PS2 version or the PS3 collection?

SoldierSpence

It's on the PS3 Collection. I don't own the original PS2 version, so I can't say anything on that front.

Speaking of the PS3, are there any games you recommend for me? Because I have a small amount of games for the console at the moment.

I hope your ready!

Nichi

Here are my thoughts on PS3 games I've played before that you might enjoy

Ones you might like: ShowHide
- Persona 4 Arena
Fighting game created from a collaboration with Atlus (Shin Megami Tensei series) and Arc System Works (BlazBlue series). It's a great fighting game, with the sort of BlazBlue feel you'd expect given the developer, but as a warning if you want to play the story mode, it's a direct sequel to Persona 4; so I'd advise, if you're unable to play the PS2 or PS Vita versions of that game, to watch the anime series before playing this, so you'll know what's going on.

- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Given that you enjoyed the original R&C trilogy, why not try the next game in the series? It has all the action you've come to expect from the series with a few new twists (Such as use of the motion sensors in the PS3 controller in some segments). Also, you can usually find it for under $10, making it worth looking into.

- 3D Dot Game Heroes
It's the closest you'll get to a classic Legend of Zelda on a PlayStation system. It has the feel of one of the 2D Zelda games, with an art style that's vaguely Minecraft-like. Really, if you want a fun adventure that feels like a Zelda, go try this one out.

- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
If you missed out on playing the first Kingdom Hearts game on PS2, or Chain of Memories (The GBA sequel or its enhanced PS2 remake), here's your chance; both games together on one disc, with a bonus movie made of the cut-scenes from 358/2 Days. It's a nice set that gives you a good starting point for getting into the Kingdom Hearts storyline, or to catch up on what you missed if you got into the series from a later installment

Not sure if you're into these sort of games or not: ShowHide
- Disgaea series
Turn-based strategy; like chess, but with exploding demonic penguins that talk like surfer dudes. Each game is its own separate, stand-alone story revolving around a different group of characters in another place in the Netherworld, so you don't have to worry about playing every game in order to get the story (The only exception to this at the moment is Disgaea D2; which is a direct sequel to the first game in the series). If you enjoyed games like Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, or Final Fantasy Tactics, you might like this.

- Hyperdimension Neptunia series
These RPGs are very firmly placed in a "love it or hate it" zone; you'll either hate the game for the sometimes dull gameplay, or you'll love it just because the story and characters have a charm to them...or perhaps you'll enjoy it for the fanservice. Personally, I adore this game mostly for the fact that, aside from the charming cast and sense of humor, this is probably the closest we'll ever get to an OS-tan video game. Personally, I'd suggest renting it from a friend, or buying it from a game store that has a "I didn't like it" clause in the return policy, in case this game isn't to your fancy.

SoldierSpence

Thanks, Pent! But, considering Persona 4 Arena has the love it or hate it reception, I might watch a play through of the Story Mode and wait for Persona 4 Arena 2: Ultimax to be released in the states.

I hope your ready!

Chocofreak13

nice on the games, man. :3

considering Tereby is nearing completion, I'm debating on whether or not I want to install any MMOs on my laptop or just wait for Tereby to be done. (means I could play MMOs on the tv. -w- )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, with a long stream of games out of the way, I'm resuming Persona 3. Roughly at the half-way point on it, when I saw a bonus scene...

>Scene with Fuuka attempting to use one of those vibrating ab-belts
>She can't stop laughing because it tickles
>Mitsuru comes by to ask a question; hears the laughing from outside
>She thinks Fuuka is doing something naughty
>MFW

NejinOniwa

Spent 5 hours in EU4 conquering the werld.

MILAN INTO SPACE NOW
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

I spent six hours downloading a small switching yard in Boston.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

Cockleshell

thinking of getting back into EVE...
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

@Leaf: I used to have that, actually a full year before I bought Persona 3, but never got around to playing it; thus making P3 the first SMT game I've played -w-;

@Cockle: Never played Eve, but I remember seeing it advertized ages ago. Any good?