Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Quote from: LeaflameSD on January 10, 2014, 10:31:36 AM
Is this real?

Is this just fantasy? </bohemian_rhapsody>

To be more serious, yeah; with something as stupid as that article, I wish that it was published on The Onion or some other spoof news site. The fact it's on ABC News makes it that much more sad.

Chocofreak13

it's the south, of course it's real. >>;

@pent: agreed. >>;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 10, 2014, 11:04:52 AM
Is this just fantasy? </bohemian_rhapsody>

To be more serious, yeah; with something as stupid as that article, I wish that it was published on The Onion or some other spoof news site. The fact it's on ABC News makes it that much more sad.
I can't say much about this... I'm lost for words, kek.

Chocofreak13

it's one of the fundamental issues i have with this country. we advertise ourselves as being tolerant as fuck, and then we get shit like this. and there isn't even any recent bias against it the way one could have against muslims, it's just idiots being idiots. and normally this wouldn't matter, but those idiots were granted positions of power by OTHER idiots. a vicious cycle of idiocy and intolerance.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

So from other, less serious things, to...considerably more so.
http://www.franklincase.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvl6kO1Vo8
http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/1cm0t3/original_research_the_mountain_of_evidence_for_a/

Coverups, conspiracies, child abuse, high in the upper echelons of society and evidently with the backing of federal agents.
What do you people think about this sort of stuff when you see it - who do you believe?

For example, when looking at the Wikipedia entry for the Franklin case, only a small article about "allegations" exists:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_child_prostitution_ring_allegations
Additionally, some of the alleged victims were prosecuted for their testimonies, and some were sentenced to prison for perjury.

Discuss, /osc/.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I don't really know how you just copy the face of one of America's most influential leaders, and just paste it onto so ghetto bastard, then put it on a poster with "FREE 2 TWERK" on it. I mean, that's pretty disrespectful, as well as ignorant.

I'm not much of a twerking fan, either.

Chocofreak13

the only time I liked twerking was in that one TF2 video, and that was mostly because the Medic was twerking on a Sentry.

this, though, this is just gross.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. To be honest, twerking is one of the stupidest things invented in recent years, and mixing that with a disrespectful portrayal of Martin Luther King, I'm glad the event was cancelled.

Chocofreak13

so we concur on this topic: twerking is bad, twerking in the name of MLK is worthy of being boiled in oil.

next pressing issues?
click to make it bigger

Bella

The US government is such a fucking joke vis-a-vis technology.

WE WANT FREE ENTERPRISSSSSSSSE! CAPITALISM! FREE MARKET!!!!!!! Haha, but not on the INTERNET, you silly fucks. (Of course, this isn't exactly shocking, considering the ISP's / Hollywood's history of just bendin' government riiiiight over and fucking it up the ass [in a manner of speaking].)

WOW EVERYBODY EVIL BROWN NONCHRISTIAN PPL ARE GOING TO KILL US ALL, WE MUST BUILD A VAST MULTIBILLION DOLLAR INTERNATIONAL SURVEILLANCE EMPIRE TO KEEP OURSELVES SAFE. [Proceeds to menace the REST OF THE GODDAMN WORLD WITH A VARIETY OF INCREASINGLY BIZARRE SPYING MECHANISMS]

The delicious irony is that half of the politicians backing these measures would probably boohoo about the Chinese government's toltalitarianistic internet & surveillance policies, but they're probably watching with gnawing envy and wishing they could do the same damn thing here.

NejinOniwa

Chinese war when?

Pls
Blood for the blood god and such
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

Pardon the pic, but this basically sums up my feeling on most politicians:

Chocofreak13

so for those unaware, earlier today I saw D.W. Griffith's "The Birth of a Nation".

feel free to dialogue.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote: ShowHide
Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 15, 2014, 09:34:52 PM
Pardon the pic, but this basically sums up my feeling on most politicians:

Omg so true.

+1
Official -tans are my bat signal.