New Microsoft-tan

Started by Dr. Kraus, March 03, 2012, 07:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Welp, they're part of Swedish too, to some extent.

Moreover I abuse them in my own works (like the EWAR-verse language Nimaxari), which gives me a somewhat skewed outlook on them ^^;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: Paul on March 06, 2012, 04:05:58 PM
Hmm, I like the idea with the whip :3

Oh, and Bells uses Umlauts :D (guess I'm the only one here who can properly pronounce them since they're a common part of my language :PP)

Ehehe, I'll admit I'm prone to abusing umlauts for effect. ^^;;

Nichi

So, I finally got around to looking at this ^_^;;

Not bad of a character design. She's certainly more impressive than the early concept drawings of 8-tan...or Windows 8 as a whole xD

Chocofreak13

i can pronounce umlauts. :\ though i was raised euro. :\

@bells: by being 'official', it steps out of what we know as canon. the only reason nanami stays canon is because she wasn't made by the company. xD
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

I cannot believe i never found this before...

Also, comic of her, the mario brothers, and peach, about Windows 8.1:

comic: ShowHide
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

who's the new girl? don't tell me they created a separate character for 8.1. >>;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 31, 2013, 10:04:56 PM
who's the new girl? don't tell me they created a separate character for 8.1. >>;

What new girl? Isn't that license-tan (the pink haired girl)? Microsofts gallery of her comics are here: http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/rightlicensing/comiclist.aspx

And the link the op posted leads to the front page where i found the gallery link (and displays her on tiles).

Chocofreak13

this is the first time i've ever heard "License-tan" mentioned here. gawd, they're creating a character for EVERYTHING these days. >>;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Ummm.....

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on March 03, 2012, 07:49:57 PM
Happened to find this flying around and thought I should drop it off for you guys to enjoy.

From the information I've been able to gather this is a -tan for Microsoft licensing and informs users of how different products work for different people. I don't know Mandarin I can't tell you anymore than what I can get from the comics and from a handful of other sources.

http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/rightlicensing/?WT.mc_id=120222rightlicensinggeneraledmbtw%20licence-tan%20is%20pink

Enjoy!

Quote from: Bella on March 04, 2012, 01:49:01 PM
She's not creepy/authoritarian-looking enough to possibly be a licensing-tan.

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on March 04, 2012, 08:16:33 PM
Look in the website address it contains "license-tan" so I think that solves this problem.

Quote from: Bella on March 04, 2012, 10:42:07 PM
No no, I didn't mean I don't believe she's a license-tan, I meant I don't think the designers made her authoritarian-looking enough to properly portray a license-tan.

Girl needs like, some leather, and maybe a whip, and a stern-ass expression that says "if you screw with me I will crush you under the heel of my stiletto-jackboot". ^^;

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 01, 2014, 12:19:35 AM
this is the first time i've ever heard "License-tan" mentioned here. gawd, they're creating a character for EVERYTHING these days. >>;

Really? I suppose reviving an old thread was bound to cause some confusion... but this entire thread was about her.

Chocofreak13

i am wracking my brain and finding no matches for this character. it's like this is LITERALLY the first time i've seen her. which frustrates me, since this just further proves my horrible memory-loss problems. >>;

of course, the last time we talked about her was nearly 2 years ago. >>;
click to make it bigger