Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Interesting. I have to say, there are a lot of cool indie games coming out; like A Hat in Time
(Which I need to tell some of my coworkers about)

Chocofreak13

or that one we saw during the DC livestream. I think it was called rain. :0
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

So Square Enix is absolutely destroying my patience to the brink and I have never been so frustrated with just attempting to get a game to start up.

After searching the FFXIV forums, reddit and Google for a solution to the client updating error that I was getting and not a single one of them working for me I contacted the Live support online which was nice enough.

The first time:
Did you port forward?
My router does that automaticly
Go do it manually with these 8 different ports [insert 8 different port numbers]

The second time:
I tried to port forward, didn't work what now?
Uninstall the game, use this client download [insert link to official website download link], use CCleaner, delete anything related to FFXIV and re-install.
Okay.
Also disable the firewall on your router. (lel nope not going to happen buddy.)

The third time:
This is getting ridiculous, what now?
Have your tried [insert list of every single last thing I have already attempted]?
Yea.
Possibly could be your connection.
ME: After a couple of hours of attempting to fix this by myself and with this live support I can probably conclude it is one of two things,
Either your client is the worst client I have ever had to work with and its just incappable of connecting to the servers correctly to grab the update
or
Your servers are literally cardboard boxes in a shed in the middle of Idaho.

After some time he ends up pinging my connection and routing my IP to see if it is in fact my connection, it wasn't.

Support dude: Okay now we have to do this: Uninstall and re-install Windows.

After that I exploded because he said that if that didn't work then we would have to "Take it to the next stage" and when I asked him what that was he just answered me with a "I don't know until you try a reformat"

In the end, GUESS WHO JUST REFORMATTED THEIR COMPUTER!

Bella

@Kraus: Shiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttt. 0____0

>Logs into Steam
>Holiday Sale
>Mirrors Edge is on sale
>Oh cool I wonder if there's a Mac versi-
>Okay no, there isn't, well, I kind of expected that
>Stanley Parable is /also/ on sale again
>AND THERE'S A MAC VERSION NOW?!
>It's only for OSX 10.8+
>MRW

Dr. Kraus

@bella: Well, what version of OSX are you running, if its an upgrade that is needed I'm pretty sure Apple did get the only thing right price wise is the upgrade fee. I think to update to the latest its free for OSX right?

Also, I attempted to install FFXIV on my lil brothers computer to see if it would work on there. NOPE.

Going to give it a try on my laptop just for giggles while I'm still waiting for my main computer to finish grabbing all its hardware and software updates.

NejinOniwa

Touhou Labyrinth...

My yule is officially fukt

ALSO: Just watched the Battle of the Atlantic/NA LCS Promotion stream. Happy to report my EU homeboiz made me proud in both matches: Aranae screaming his Team Alternate 2-0 against CLG, and the pond-hopping half of Evil Geniuses laying the smackdown on DTG in the promotions. EG in the NA LCS as well as Bjergerking in TSM means I have 2 teams from home invading murrican turf...and going strong as fuck while doing it. I like.

Of course, EU LCS looks to be just as exciting as ever, with the new Copenhagen Wolves lineup as well as Fnatic with Rekkles in it...

LET'S MAKE 2014 THE YEAR WE KICKED THE KOREANS' ASSES, OKAY GUYS
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

Nichi

@Kari: Indeed :3

@Kraus: Wow. I think if I get FF14, I'll just get it for PS3 .___.;
Also, Bella uses OSX Snow Leopard

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: PentiumMMX on December 20, 2013, 07:43:22 PM

@Kraus: Wow. I think if I get FF14, I'll just get it for PS3 .___.;
Also, Bella uses OSX Snow Leopard

The problem also is on the PS3 so there is really no escaping it.

IT DOWNLOADED IT HALF WAY ON MY LAPTOP UNTIL THE ERROR CAME UP.

IS DER HOPE?

Nichi

Sounds like my problems with Super Smash Bros. Brawl's online; which has never worked in my experience :\

Hopefully FF14 will work soon. I know my bro-in-law had some issues downloading the updates, but IDK how he fixed it

Dr. Kraus

This is me right now, right after the update failing right after reformatting everything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfK5JyD2bA

Holy shit Square Enix you have really fucked up this time

Update: IT WORKS, I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE MAGIC CARDBOARD SERVERS IN A SHED IN IDAHO WORK ONLY AT 2 AM EST!

I'M LIVING IN THE DATABASE NOW

Chocofreak13

I......what? pumpkin servers that MAGICALLY become carriages at 2am...?

well, either way, i'm happy for you. :\

@bells: sucks balls, too bad you can't emulate something. and was I mistaken in thinking you have a win computer lying around somewhere...?

@nej: good. that will distract you while your gift gets finished and then set aloft on the breeze.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

@K: I will be waiting patiently, don't you worry :)

@Battle of the Atlantic: Are you guys ready to get trashed by the
Thresh Prince of Armenia?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

I lol'd. and your card will be done today. due to budget constraints, the soonest I can get it out is the 26th, but it's basically done.
click to make it bigger