Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

Ren'Py's an old system but it's very easy to use once you get the hang of it. it even has a built-in tutorial VN, making things even easier. all you need to do is find a list of python commands and you're golden. -w-
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quote from: DustiiWolf on December 14, 2013, 05:55:06 PM
Update: Wow. Passing tests are hard. I've already missed a lot, and she's never in the proper mood for royal classes...
I recommend evening out your moods as much as possible early on, and alternating between Cheerful/Angry/Willful as needed. The last one is particularly useful as it gives you a bonus to Lumen, letting you learn magic stuff much easier; the additional Military and Intrigue bonuses are also quite handy, and the lack of any penalties in the physical department makes it all the more easy on you. A good opener is to max out Economy until you have over 60 Accounting so you can access the Lumen crystal; it also helps later on with the taxes and stuff, and unlocks additional weekend options. If possible do this before going too deep into Willful moods, as it gives a massive penalty to Economy classes. Other than that, alternate as needed between Cheerful and Angry and you have all the skills covered with minimal pains and at least neutral bonus value. Royal Demeanor is a big hassle if only because it's hampered by ALL moods except Cheerful/Pressured (neutral) and Yielding (+1); juggling them is hard if you want optimal, so it's usually best to go for neutral and let the stacking bonuses deal with the rest.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

I just downloaded that game. Will try out later :3

Chocofreak13

i'll likely jump on the bandwagon post-xmas. it feels sorta pointless to install a game when i'm going to reformat in less than 2 weeks. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

So I've begun playing Half-Life, a.k.a [INCOHERENT SCREAMING NOISES AT HEADCRABS], a.k.a Now Aperture Science Doesn't Seem So Hilariously Mismanaged: The Game. 

Nichi

@Bella: Half-Life was good. I played it a few years back (Although I need to get back to the 2nd one, but given how much the 3rd game keeps being delayed...I have plenty of time to catch up -w-; )

So, now I've started playing Long Live The Queen, and...

...this is probably what I'd be like if I were a princess; very snarky about everything -w-;

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Somebody has a low court manners skill!

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Krizonar on December 15, 2013, 08:44:25 PM
Somebody has a low court manners skill!

Or low flattery skills...
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

or she's just going for the MAXIMUM BADASS route.
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I meant it more humorously as it's so rude, but yes, that is what you get for that dialogue option when your flattery skill is low.
It's far funnier than when it's high though.
Fortunately for her my composure skill was high enough to give her a fake nice greeting.

Nichi

Mmm :3

Amazingly, I haven't died yet. I was injured once, and dodged a flying arrow, but I haven't actually died yet >:3

Chocofreak13

be careful you don't catch the diarrhea and die. that's how things worked back then. :0
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Elodie, the ring master

EDIT: I rage quit last night. I died so many times.

Spoiler: ShowHide
I tried to win the magical girl fight with the king invading the place. I finally had strong enough lumen skills after a few failed attempts, and was given the option of a sword attack or distraction. Problem was I wasn't skilled enough for either. So I go back, do nothing but lumen and swords, and what do you know, last time I did a miniscule amount of training in meditation which saved me from a power draining attack. But since I had to focus on swords, I didn't this time and I died. This game is almost unwinnable. ;-; Shall try again tonight.

UPDATE: FINALLY Beat it. Didnt get the perfect ending, but elodie defeated Sanjia(?) with a hard earned victory, was wise, and brought upon a revolution with the printing press, and Nova was prosperous.
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Nichi

Got up to Week 33 or so when I finally hit a point where I simply couldn't survive past. I might start over from the beginning soon