Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

With Sapphire, all the battery controlled was the time; the actual save was stored in flash memory -w-

As for the others, I should learn to solder to replace the batteries (Then, we can start new files on Crystal and have an ELF BATTEL)

LeaflameSD

I should play Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal again...

... the last time I played it was when I was like 9 or 10, and I couldn't save the game because the battery wasn't working.

EDIT: Playing the DS remake HeartGold.

stewartsage

My Pokermans Red still works.

Nichi

Of my monaters:

Blue: Still works; has my 151\150 save (Yes, I have a Mew)
Crystal: On its last legs; no longer keeps time, but by some miracle the save file is intact, although IDK for how long
Emerald, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black: Still working

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on October 11, 2013, 11:53:34 PM
Pokemanz Y

Roundtable gaming discussion made me jelly of you kids with your 3DS's and Pokemon X&Y. ;^; It looks like a lot of fun.

Nichi

I have a 3DS, but I don't have X or Y :[

Krizonar

Quote from: Bella on October 13, 2013, 12:54:23 AM
Roundtable gaming discussion made me jelly of you kids with your 3DS's and Pokemon X&Y. ;^; It looks like a lot of fun.
It's definitely the most realistic a Pokemon game has ever been. As for fun, I think it's the most fun as well due to near ridiculous levels of fluff put into the game. There's so much stuff you can do when you're not battling wild Pokemon or completing the story; you feel like you actually live here. Heck, go out to eat or go get a relaxing hair wash.

Bonding with your Pokemon also has a purpose for non-multiplayer battles. When your Pokemon becomes very friendly towards you, special interactions are unlocked both in and outside battle and that Pokemon will sometimes defy game logic to please you. "Tyrantrum read your wishes and stayed awake, he knew you would be disappointed in him if he fell asleep."

It's also quite lengthy, I'm just now getting to the Elite 4 but from what I've seen, holy end-game content Batman.

stewartsage

The more I hear about X & Y the less I like it....

Nichi

I'm still interested in it, although what's stopping me from buying it now is that:

1: I'm broke
2: I still haven't finished Black or Emerald (Hell, I still have unfinished Crystal and Blue challenge runs)

EDIT: On a different note, so I don't stretch my already gigantic post in Member Pics, here's a picture of all the Zelda games I own (Spanning all main titles from 1986 to 2003, with one little blip in the form of the 2011 3DS port of Ocarina of Time)

NejinOniwa

I want dat X&Y so bad -.-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

Can't believe people have already beaten X/Y.

Nichi

Doesn't surprise me. I tore through Super Smash Bros. Brawl in about 2 days after launch, and was left with a feeling of "...that's it?"; especially when I, to this day, have never finished all Event Matches on SSBM (I can't beat 49, so I can't unlock 51 and finish it up)

Krizonar

Quote from: LeaflameSD on October 14, 2013, 02:52:40 PM
Can't believe people have already beaten X/Y.
I beat it last night/early this morning.
My hair stylist is so excited.

It's very long, considering. I could beat old games like Saphire in 6 hours.
I'm also very into Pokemon so I was rather excited.

Bella

I'm slow with games. Especially if I'm having fun with them.

It's like when I'm reading a good book, I don't wanna rush through it because then it'll be over sooner. ;^;

NejinOniwa

Pokemon games always make me delve knee-deep into the metagame and try to catch weird things and make awesome combos instead of advancing the story or doing shit.

But it's so good
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS