Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Spoiler: ShowHide
I loved the abandoned test facility part
Welcome to Aperture: Where the science is theoretical, but your $60 is real!

Also, I remember PMing you details on what I wanted from Penti-chan; with a description :\

Chocofreak13

i think she meant me. as for you, bella, all i asked was my characters doing SOMETHING. the point of fanart is for it not to be directed, so i felt like i wasn't supposed to give specifics. if you want more of a direction, i suppose you could draw them hanging out on this park bench they like. basically all of them have pics of themselves in that park in their rooms. >>;

i still want someone to play hanafuda with me. ;^;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Anyway, I'm up to Chapter 8 / Test Chamber 5. Random thoughts:

1) Oh my god is there any character more crazy awesome than Cave Johnson?

2) Exploring the old Aperture facilities was fun but also kinda creepy? The various posters / signs / warnings were amazing though, when I saw this one I literally had to pause the game just so I could get the laughter out of my system:

(Also, I seriously think this would make the most righteous poster ever. Especially in a workplace.)

3) The Gel test chambers were interesting but also a little frustrating imo? I mean they weren't super difficult or anything, but still. The, uh, first moonrock ... dust ... gel one was worse, and the last gel test chamber (with the three different kinds) was difficult too.

4) AAAA I RESCUED POTaDOS FROM THE EVIL BIRDS!

4.5) Chell and her bff can be back together at last~ (◠△◠✿)

5) MY FUCKING FACE WHEN POTaDOS MIMICKED CAROLINE'S REPLY / REPLIED TO CAVE JOHNSON'S MESSAGE????!!!!
5.5) OH MY GOD ARE THE RUMORS TRUE IS POTaDOS GLADOS REALLY THE CYBORG-IZED FORM OF CAVE JOHNSON'S ASSISTANT???!!!!??
5.5.2) DON'T ANSWER THAT I DON'T WANNA BE SPOILED MORE.

6) GLaDOS' admiration of Cave Johnson is kind of sweet but also utterly terrifying YOU REALLY ARE CAROLINE AREN'T YOU!???!
6.5) Don't answer that.

7) Okay I was expecting Wheatley to try to kill the Gal Pals when they got back into the testing facility, but he's still being hilarious and incompetent?? Also I was expecting the Frankenturrets to be, like, murderous, but nope.
7.5) AAAAAAH THE FRANKENTURRETS ARE SO CUTE~ (o´ω`o)
7.5.2) They're like a cross between a hermit crab and a puppy. And a Product delivery machine. And a cube. I want one. (*´д`*)

8) AAAAAaaaaa I don't know if my feels can handle deredere GLaDOS
8.5) SERIOUSLY THOUGH WHEN SHE STUCK UP FOR CHELL THAT WAS HEARTWARMING
8.5.2) THIS IS ONLY MAKING MY SHIPLUST EVEN STRONGER THOUGH. (⊙‿⊙✿)

9) MFW WHEATLEY ASKED GLADOS IF SHE'D READ MACHIAVELLI AND SHE SAID YES.

Chocofreak13

DON'T IGNORE ME--i mean that last one suits her....

played some disgaea today, feels good that all my humanoids are now at level 17. -w-
click to make it bigger

Bella

I FINISHED PORTAL 2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASPOILERSANDGIFSUNDERTHECUT:

I MEAN I BEGAN TEARING UP WHEN GLADOS SAVED CHELL. AND THEN WHEN SHE STARTED TALKING ABOUT CAROLINE, AND CHELL BEING HER ONLY FRIEND I WAS LEGIT BAWLING BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. GLADOS REMEMBERED HER PAST. SHE WAS FINALLY ABLE TO RECOGNIZE CHELL AS HER FRIEND AND PUT THEIR DIFFERENCES ASIDE. I WAS ALL, "YOU LOVE HER DON'T YOU? JUST GO AHEAD AND ADMIT IT EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. OH GOD VALVE YOU GLORIOUS BASTARDS, THIS WAS THE GREATEST AND MOST LESBIAN-SUBTEXTY HUMAN-COMPUTER LOVE STORY EVER."

Fig 1.1: An accurate depiction of my reaction

BUT THEN SHE DELETED HER!!!!!!? AND I INSRANLY STOPPED CRYING AND JUST STARED AT MY SCREEN IN SHOCK LIKE SO:

Fig 2.1: YOU MONSTER!

AND I WAS LIKE "AAAAAAA WHAT THE FUCK?! NO! GLADOS! HOW COULD YOU?!!! YOU WERE SO CLOSE! DAMMMMIT, VAAAAAAAAALVE! YOU SET MY SHIP ON FIRE!"

Fig 3.1: My ship ... my beautiful ship ...

But at the same time I'm like maybe GLaDOS DOES have feelings for Chell? Because she could've just as easily killed her?? But she said killing Chell is hard to do so maybe she's just really fed up with shit. Though I find it interesting that she was tossed the Companion Cube - maybe that was some small token of affection on the part of GLaDOS?

All in all though I feel bad for Chell more than anything, being ditched into a field somewhere in fuck-nowhere Michigan(????) after however many years / decades have passed is a horrifying thought. Like what's gonna happen to her now? What'll be waiting out there? It seems like it would be a lot safer for her to take her chances with spates of insane robots and comically dangerous Aperture shit.

Fig 4.1: SERIOUSLY WHAT WILL SHE DO NOW?!

Chocofreak13

the subject of many fanfics, my friend, many, many fanfics. .__.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. Also, now I want to replay Portal 2

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 28, 2013, 10:14:06 PM
the subject of many fanfics, my friend, many, many fanfics. .__.

You're telling this to the person with the small stockpile of ChellDOS artwork lurking in their yuri folder. 0_0

I'm conflicted over whether or not I should flood the RPT Wild with deadly neurotoxin dangerously fetish-y machine-human lovin'.

Chocofreak13

do eet. and i was more meaning as a way to resolve your speculation. a bunch of fan-made answers to your what-ifs.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, listening to the Disgaea 4 soundtrack has put me in a Disgaea mood lately; as I played a little Disgaea 4 earlier (For the first time in over a year...and having to go to my sister's house to download a 2GB patch before I could start playing again >_>; ), and also charged up my PSP to resume playing the 2nd (Which I left off about mid-way through the story; being more focused on screwing around in Item World to actually continue the story, since my party isn't quite strong enough)

Bella

I'm thinking I might give TF2 a try later. At least just messing around in some practice / training maps so I can try to figure out what the hell I'm doing. >>

Also if anyone on OSC has Portal 2 and wants to play Co-Op with me, lemme know and I'll add you to my Steam friends list. I already have Stew and Pent on there. :>

Also also, I don't know if this is the right place for this but some things Stew and I found last night while browsing Shapeways:

For TF2 fans
Hnnng
[heavy breathing]

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

Last time you tried to play TF2 you spent a good five minutes carefully examining the ground...

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on August 02, 2013, 07:16:14 PM
Last time you tried to play TF2 you spent a good five minutes carefully examining the ground...

I'm not at fault for Katherine's weird-ass mouse. And keyboard. And you hovering beside me. : |

Chocofreak13

and who says examining the ground is a bad thing? coming off of portal i'd say it's the SMART thing.

there is a gameboy game next to my bed. it has put me in a mood to whip out my GBC and be all oldschool-hipster on society's ass (by playing it in public). the only trouble is that 90% of the games i have are the "hit-it-and-quit-it" type and i want to play something longer. but i don't feel like playing pokemon, and whipping out my GBA feels like it's not old enough. >>;;

anyone know any GBC games that actually require some TIME (besides Pokemon/Zelda)? preferrably something without giant robots, since for some reason they bore me. :\
click to make it bigger