Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

NUCLEAR FUSION LEONA JUNGLE INTO DIAMOND 2
YES BITCHES THAT'S RIGHT
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

DON'T MIND ME I'MA JUST JUMPIN' N SHOOTIN'!

Chocofreak13

been playing Disgaea again recently. #feelsgoodman

at the party, we also played some Thousand Arms. at the next one, we're gonna date ALL THE GIRLS!

i'm looking into getting Saints Row 3, too.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I bought a new game on Xbox Live Arcade: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds. It's apparently a spin-off of a fighting game series; this game being a beat-em-up with a vintage plxelated look to the graphics. Gameplay wise, it's not too bad; it's not as satisfying as Scott Pilgrim, but it's still quite enjoyable.

Speaking of Scott Pilgrim, some friends of mine and I took a stab at it tonight; getting up to the battle with Roxanne Richter (Or, "that damn ninja bitch"; as one of us put it) before we finally died. We plan on picking back up where we left off tomorrow, before they have to go to work.

stewartsage

I'm at that point where I can't bring myself to buy anything more on the Steam sale.  I really should get X-Com....

Bella

I'm at the point in Portal where I basically get so far in a chamber until I run into a problem requiring some degree of mouse-dexterity/speed and I ragequit for the rest of the day.

[Gonna spoiler-tag this because Pitkin's playing through Portal and I don't wanna spoil anything for her]

Earlier I couldn't get through Chamber 17 because
Spoiler: ShowHide
I couldn't drop the damned Companion Cube in the incinerator in time! Which was baffling because I had plenty of time, but I'd always end up running into a wall or something dumb like that  and get to the incinerator just a second too late. Maybe GLaDOS shamed me into it, haha.

But I tried again later and was able to throw it in there. I'M SO SORRY COMPANION CUBE. ;^;

And now I'm stuck in Chamber 18 because of general poor coordination and timing. U.U

Spoiler: ShowHide
I don't know if I've mentioned it before but the sound of turrets being knocked to their death is pretty much the best thing ever because they're creepy little fucks. 0.0

Chocofreak13

@bella:

(sent this to nej on valentine's day.)

as pent quoted in context quote, my people seriously did me proud today on disgaea. Rafelgo was just made earlier this week, and over the course of 1-2 item world trips, he went from level 16 to level 22!! he's really doing me proud. ;v;

every one of my humanoids is over level 15, with the majority being level 17 or above. now my goal is to get everyone to level 20. -w-
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 20, 2013, 05:58:46 PM
as pent quoted in context quote, my people seriously did me proud today on disgaea. Rafelgo was just made earlier this week, and over the course of 1-2 item world trips, he went from level 16 to level 22!! he's really doing me proud. ;v;

every one of my humanoids is over level 15, with the majority being level 17 or above. now my goal is to get everyone to level 20. -w-
I was reading about that game on a Gamestop forums thread... seems interesting, but costly, like most JRPG games for PS2.

Nichi

It wasn't to expensive when I got my copy. $17 isn't bad, when Lunar 2 cost me $35

Bella

@Kari: DAMMIT, YOU'VE PUT A DAMPER ON MY TURRET-MURDERLUST WITH THAT CUTE PICTURE. u.u

Not too long after I figured out how to get myself out of one bind in Chamber 18 I've gotten myself into another. GAAAH.

NejinOniwa

ITT: D'aww general. :3

Chocofreak13

that was the only valentine i sent you that you accepted. the other two "weren't good enough". >>;

@leaf: Atlus always does a limited run of their games, meaning that any sort of supply is greatly outweighed by demand. it makes their games pricier to find, especially after they're out of stores.

for what it's worth, though, Atlus is my favourite game studio since all their titles are top-notch. you just can't beat it.

@bella: MY WORK HERE IS DONE *flees*
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Kari: Nej rejected your valentines?

*bops Nej on head* Haven't you ever heard "it's the thought that counts", mister?

Today I was able to make it through that difficult spot in Chamber 18 and through Chamber 19 and into the escape part of the game. Everything was going okay until I got to that huge open section with all the turrets I was pretty much like NOPE I'VE HAD ENOUGH PORTAL FOR ONE DAY. (And then things happened and I ended up looking at Chell/GLaDOS yuri for like two hours on DeviantArt, idk don't judge me.)

Related: have I ever mentioned how much I love the usage of "shit's about to get deadly" music in Portal? Because I do.

NejinOniwa

TIME TO PLAY
CORRUPTION OF CHAMPIONS
YES DAWG, WE LUNATIC NOW

Chocofreak13

@bella: tbh i think that accents any game and i like the use of it. only it freaks me out because i jump whenever i'm sneak attacked. (when i get hit from behind, i feeeel it ;^; )

yeah, first one made him all pouty because it was a Stalintine. second one wasn't a good enough reference, lol.

need to get back to disgaea at some point, but i hope to curb my enthusiasm as that's basically all i did last week. need to stop doing that, but it's sooooo gooooood ;^;
click to make it bigger