Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Stew: What's it about?

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on May 05, 2013, 05:38:05 AM
Bella, you don't have an excuse anymore. Paradox titles now even work on Linux.

Also, League works on Mac now, but that's another story.

I know, right? The I'm-a-Mac-user excuse is rapidly becoming outdated. ><

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 16, 2013, 03:13:15 PM@Stew: What's it about?

I'd suggest googling it because the premise sounds rather complicated...

It's not a dating sim involving Digital Equipment Corporation computers though, unfortunately.

Nichi

@Bella: Well, you can use "I'm interested but don't really have the attention span for games" excuse ^^;;
Also, I'll look it up later

On a different note, I picked up a copy of the first Torchlight on clearance at Office Depot for $4. I remember Pit mentioning Torchlight II a while back, and since I found the first cheap enough, I figured I'd try it and see if it's any good. Besides, it was only $4

SoldierSpence

Big news, guys!  I was poking around the Screwattack fourms, and I found this article- "BlazBlue will be adapted into an anime series."
There's little information at the moment, but hot diggity damn I'm excited to hear this news!
Here's the small article:
http://www.screwattack.com/news/blazblue-will-be-adapted-anime-series
As more info is released, the article will be updated.  Keep an eagle's eye out for this.  Especially you, Simon and Pent.

I hope your ready!

SoldierSpence

My responce: Is this guy serious?  My Lord, what has this soceity boiled down to?  It's a fictional world, not one that shows the possibiltiy of the world being turned into something the game shows.  I'm a Christian too, and I think this shows what the US was like back then, in video game form.  On top of that, I'm not offended about poking a slight bit of fun at my belief, but I do question why the developers do that.  Oh, well.  Different opinions.

I hope your ready!

Nichi

@Spence: A BlazBlue anime? Sounds cool to me :3
@Nej: Some people are idiots :\

So, now that I have an actual copy of it, I tried out the first Fullmetal Alchemist game for PS2. So far, it does feel a lot better on the PS2 versus a buggy emulator...although strangely enough, the voice clips that play during battle still sound like crap compared to other PS2 games (Especially the original 4 .hack games), although the audio during the anime cut-scenes is fantastic.

Still, it's a pretty good game so far. Not the best ever by a longshot, but I'm enjoying it :3

NejinOniwa

SET SAIL! SET SAIL! OUR LONGBOATS SHALL RIDE THE TIDES OF THE SEA, AND AEGIR'S WRATH SHALL VISIT THE CHRISTMEN ON THEIR SHORES!
THE OLD GODS ARE ALIVE - AND THEIR WARRIORS STRONG!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SoldierSpence

In other news, recently played a bit of Demon's Souls.  That game is HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDDD!! :o  If you thought I Wanna Be the Guy was bullcrap, wait till you play this!  Also BlazBlue Chrono Phantasama is getting a PS3 port in Japan on 10/24.  Sweet! 8)

I hope your ready!

LeaflameSD

I bought a pink PS2 memory card today along with Phantasy Star Universe - Ambition of the Illuminus.
So far I haven't peaked into the game alot, but it seems like as I play it more it'll turn out to be a pretty good game.

Nichi

I never cared much for Phantasy Star Universe. I admit, I have the PC version of it, but it's more for novelty; as I never could get into it like I could with its predecessor; Phantasy Star Online

LeaflameSD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 30, 2013, 08:09:56 PM
I never cared much for Phantasy Star Universe. I admit, I have the PC version of it, but it's more for novelty; as I never could get into it like I could with its predecessor; Phantasy Star Online
Well the game did get fairly average reviews, so I guess it's to be expected.

EDIT: So I just completed the Gainax VN game Neon Genesis Evangelion - Girlfriend of Steel.
A little short, but certainly not bad.

Nichi

@Leaf: Cool. I actually read about that game not long ago ^^

So, I recently obtained Mario Party 6 again. Here's the results of the first "random number generator game"; where I had characters randomly selected.

Mario Party 6 results that might bore some people: ShowHide
After a 15-turn game @ Snowflake Lake with bonus stars issued
(Which, on Snowflake Lake, everyone has 5 stars at the beginning and fights each other to obtain more)

1st: Peach (Me) - 15 stars, 159 coins
2nd: Yoshi - 5 stars, 26 coins
3rd: Waluigi - 2 stars, 40 coins
4th: Boo - 1 star, 27 coins

stewartsage

No Luigi on Hard and DK on easy?

Nichi

Well, DK isn't playable in Mario Party games from 5 onward; as he serves as a host for bonus games to earn more coins and such.

Also, maybe when I do this again, a Luigi will pop up :3