Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

SOPA is bad, and the Government should feel bad for creating it.

And international politics...

tbh I don't think other countries would of even thought of going to Bosnia and Herzegovina, because the people/government wouldn't wanna make the conflict bigger and worse, I.E 'let it run it's course'.

I hope I said that right.

Simonorged

Let everyone handle they're own problems, but if you some how get through into the shit storm go guns blazing!
Simon was here :P

alfonso_rd_30

only a quote: "El respeto al Derecho Ajeno es la paz" "The respect to the foreign right is Peace"

Simonorged

Nichi

I have this feeling Bella will approve of that pic :3

Chocofreak13

i know i agree with it. being preggers isn't some big miracle, it's just awkward and gross. sure, after a couple years or so you'll enjoy what happened, but sure as hell not when it's happening. >>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Robert Jordan: Always well-informed.
Just read through WoT book 11, a good part of which is Elayne suffering through random pregnancy bullshit...you know, aside from having to deal with a succession war, evil cultists and the world ending.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

just look at the movie Children of Men. My Little Baby: Pregnancy is Chaos.
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

ok New Topic: Should the Teachers' Union have a say in the Matter of education?

I ask this because, besides the Telecom debate o; Teachers of the south Are Protesting regardless the Educative reform Which is law Already, which states that the teachers will be trained and tested, and if they fail the test they may lose their jobs, the Teachers of Guerrero and Oaxaca claim that the test shouldn't be a proof of unemployment, due to the different teaching environments in the country...

so I wanna know OSC'S point of view on this

Chocofreak13

i think it depends on the issue. Unions used to be a great asset for workers, providing rights, negotiating things, and just all-around providing protection. nowadays, this privilege is being abused by people barely skilled enough to be called by their chosen trade. lazy, incompetent, surly, all traits ignored by unionizing. (not saying ALL unions are corrupt, just some)

if it's them having a say on educating the students, yes, of course. if it's a matter of determining competency among staff, then no. a country should be uniform in its education standards, since if one child learns the sky is blue, and the other learns it's red, then who is right? whose fault is it for the child being wrong? what if one moves to an area where the population believes the other?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

FACT: The sky changes color based on time of day. Red and blue are both viable alternatives.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

true. but a midday sky is not blood red. teaching a child that would be the fault of the teacher.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

New topic, umm... how about marriage.
Is it nessesary or not, should it be a life goal or an option if you want it? Go.

Chocofreak13

marriage fits for some people and it doesn't for others. i think staying together, whether married or not, is more important. but if people want to get married, no matter their race/orientation/religion, go for eet. it's your life, after all. ^^
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

What Kari said?